Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Disney Movie Club part 5

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-07, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts
Originally Posted by rider555
makes me sound like a crook,but there it is.
Sorry, just had to emphasize that.
Old 10-27-07, 08:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RobCA
I just joined the Disney Movie Club for the first time, and according to the catalog that was enclosed with my introductory package, which I just got today, "Discounted titles do not count toward your purchase commitment".
I've had more accounts than I will admit to, and I can say the quote above is false. As long as the post-discount price is >$19.95, it will count.

A CSR will tell you the same as RobCA did above, but it it has always counted my discounted purchases as fulfillments.

And rider555 sounds like a thief.
Old 10-27-07, 10:09 AM

I just started my first membership and have a couple of questions I haven't found in the thread:

How long after release or re-release does a film show up in the club?

The title details page for "Multipacks" says, "*Some multipacks do not count toward purchase commitment." How can you know if it does or not?

Thanks for your help.
Old 10-27-07, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts
Originally Posted by CalebAndCo
I just started my first membership and have a couple of questions I haven't found in the thread:

How long after release or re-release does a film show up in the club?
That depends... I've not seen any hard and fast rule. For example, "The Jungle Book: 40th Anniversary Platinum Edition" hit the street 10/02/2007 and it is the current selection of the month. When "Peter Pan Platinum Edition" came out in early March it was 2-3 months before it was available. However, it typically seems to be about 3 months.

Originally Posted by CalebAndCo
The title details page for "Multipacks" says, "*Some multipacks do not count toward purchase commitment." How can you know if it does or not?

Thanks for your help.
The easy part is that ANY selection you purchase for LESS than $19.95 does NOT count. This includes selections that start above that price but fall below due to a % off discount. For example, a $21.95 DVD with 10% off will be $19.75 and thus not count. The only other way I know of is to look for the selection in your mailing as those clearly indicate any selection that either does not count or counts as more than one. If it is not in a mailing, give CS a call. This goes for "box sets" too as some, but not all, sets count as 2 or 3 selections.

Last edited by BobO'Link; 10-28-07 at 07:57 AM.
Old 10-27-07, 11:45 AM

Thanks for your help BobO'Link.
Old 10-27-07, 06:33 PM
Cool New Member

Thanks for the info ^-^
Old 10-29-07, 01:16 PM

Is there a free shipping code?
Old 11-01-07, 01:49 AM

Are there any disney dvd clubs codes with bill me later options?
Old 11-01-07, 09:21 AM
k77

I'm thinking about joining the DMC, but want to know their prices before I sign up. I've found prices for most of my selections in earlier replies in this thread (Great thread, by the way, thanks to you regulars who keep it going!) Can anyone help with prices for these movies?

High School Musical
Music Man (2003)
Sister Act
Flubber (1997)

Also, how many seasons of the Muppet Show are available in the DMC?

Thanks in advance for your help/answers.
Old 11-01-07, 10:13 AM

HSM: Encore Edition 21.95
HSM: Remix Edition: 19.95
The Music Man: 19.95
Sister Act: 19.95
Flubber 9.95

They just have the first season of The Muppet Show and it's 29.95
Old 11-01-07, 06:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts
Originally Posted by k77
I'm thinking about joining the DMC, but want to know their prices before I sign up. I've found prices for most of my selections in earlier replies in this thread (Great thread, by the way, thanks to you regulars who keep it going!) Can anyone help with prices for these movies?

High School Musical
Music Man (2003)
Sister Act
Flubber (1997)

You may want to rethink "Sister Act" as there is a "2-Movie Collection" with it and "SA2: Back in the Habit" available from several retailers as low as $12.88. It is a 2 disk package, NOT a flippy and in a keep-case. It is not currently available from DMC even though it is a Buena Vista release.
Old 11-01-07, 10:17 PM

what sucks about this is that they have the muppet show season 2 available at the REGULAR disney store site... free shipping and sometimes they have coupon codes ...

unfortunately the list price is pretty high... around 30?
Old 11-04-07, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Are there any recent enrollment codes? I received the invitation from the Disney Movie Club via email this morning and it refuses to let me progress w/o a code, even though there is an option to proceed w/o a code....
Old 11-05-07, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by k77

High School Musical
Music Man (2003)
Sister Act
Flubber (1997)

I've found that the club isn't that great of a deal, because I was able to find the dvds I wanted a better price elsewhere. Unless you are going to get those items that are only offered through the club I would recommend against joining DMC.
Old 11-05-07, 10:50 AM

It is a good deal when you take into account the introductory package.
Old 11-05-07, 12:23 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Sparrow
Are there any recent enrollment codes? I received the invitation from the Disney Movie Club via email this morning and it refuses to let me progress w/o a code, even though there is an option to proceed w/o a code....
Opened up an account with code 908001
Ordered 5 + 1 DVDs for $15.95 ---- 3 more DVDs to fulfill
Old 11-05-07, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by Sandyk67
It is a good deal when you take into account the introductory package.
Even with the intro package the average came to about $9-$10 each. I could have gotten them at a local store for $4-$7 with various sales. You also have to wait for titles, they don't offer new titles the day they release. Usually I find them at stores a month or two before it shows up on the club site.
Old 11-06-07, 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by Jane2001
Even with the intro package the average came to about $9-$10 each. I could have gotten them at a local store for $4-$7 with various sales. You also have to wait for titles, they don't offer new titles the day they release. Usually I find them at stores a month or two before it shows up on the club site.
While there are some Buena Vista titles to be found cheaper, I think you'd be hard pressed to get most of the Disney animated titles for cheaper than 9-10 elsewhere. So you kind of have to pick and choose which ones are a better deal than you can get elsewhere.
Old 11-06-07, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by joltman
While there are some Buena Vista titles to be found cheaper, I think you'd be hard pressed to get most of the Disney animated titles for cheaper than 9-10 elsewhere. So you kind of have to pick and choose which ones are a better deal than you can get elsewhere.
I tend to use reward points (BestBuy, FredMeyers etc) towards purchases of Disney animated DVDs so they end up under $8. Yeah you're right you have to pick and choose to get the best deal.
Old 11-07-07, 08:38 PM

Any Discount or Free Shipping Codes?

Has anybody gotten a 50% discount code or a free shipping code recently that has not expired?
Old 11-07-07, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by deepsen
Opened up an account with code 908001
Ordered 5 + 1 DVDs for $15.95 ---- 3 more DVDs to fulfill

Thanks! I plan to sign up this coming week.
Old 11-10-07, 02:33 AM

Hi. Thinking about joining the Disney Club. Just wondering what are the chance of getting DVD with slipcovers for semi-order releases?
Thanks
Old 11-10-07, 05:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Slipcovers from DMC

The majority of my enrollments came with Slipcovers

Robin Hood - Most Wanted Edition (w/slipcover)
A Bugs Life CE (w/slipcover)
The Fox and the Hound 25th (w/slipcover)
Chicago - Razzle Dazzle Edition (w/slipcover)
The Haunted Mansion (no slipcover available that i'm aware of)
Jump In (w/o slipcover) <---they just couldn't give me 100% slipcoverage now, could they?
Old 11-12-07, 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by jpdude
The majority of my enrollments came with Slipcovers

Robin Hood - Most Wanted Edition (w/slipcover)
A Bugs Life CE (w/slipcover)
The Fox and the Hound 25th (w/slipcover)
Chicago - Razzle Dazzle Edition (w/slipcover)
The Haunted Mansion (no slipcover available that i'm aware of)
Jump In (w/o slipcover) <---they just couldn't give me 100% slipcoverage now, could they?
Hi. Thanks for the reply.. How long ago did you enroll..

The ones I were thinking about getting were

Cinderella III
The Fox And The Hound 1 and 2
Robin Hood Most Wanted Edition
Dumbo Big Top Edition
Peter Pan
Alice in Wonderlan (probably no chance)

Should I have too much trouble getting a slipcover beside Alice in Wonderland?

How long does it normally take to process your online enrollment? Is your credit card charged when your enrollment selection ships?

Lastly, how do they pack the DVDs? I'm kind picky about condition and hope they don't get easily damaged during shipping..
Thanks
Old 11-14-07, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by johnsun
Hi. Thanks for the reply.. How long ago did you enroll..

The ones I were thinking about getting were

Cinderella III
The Fox And The Hound 1 and 2
Robin Hood Most Wanted Edition
Dumbo Big Top Edition
Peter Pan
Alice in Wonderlan (probably no chance)

Should I have too much trouble getting a slipcover beside Alice in Wonderland?

How long does it normally take to process your online enrollment? Is your credit card charged when your enrollment selection ships?

Lastly, how do they pack the DVDs? I'm kind picky about condition and hope they don't get easily damaged during shipping..
Thanks
Hi
Well once you enroll you should see a pending cc charge for the 15.95 (if that was the option you picked) and then the charge should go through once the order ships ... so it can drop off and then show up again once the order ships out ...
I sometimes see they ship out dvds in a brown envelope type thing with all the dvds stuffed in there and sometimes they ship in boxes so I don't know how it works... but most of the time my dvds arrive safe and sound ... I have gotten a cracked or loose disc once in a while but with those you just call in and they reship the replacements with a prepaid postage for you to send back the damaged stuff...

Also as a side note I just got off the phone with CSR and yay BLU RAYS are available as of now I just checked The wild and it was she said it isn't on the site yet you would have to call in to check if the title you are looking for is availabe... the price she said was 29.99 ... Meet the Robinson won't be out until Jan 08...

well thought I would share...

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.