Reload this Page >

Disney Movie Club part 5

DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Disney Movie Club part 5

Old 06-10-12, 12:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Disney Movie Club part 5

Hope no one minds me reviving this.

I just wanted to know if anyone knew where to find or had a list of the movies available once you join the Disney movie club. Are you just limited to what is available with the initial sign up offer?

I collect blurays and I like to maintain a balance in terms of genre and seeing as how the only disney movie I have is the animated Alice in Wonderland I though this would be a great way to get a bunch of their movies. Thing is, theres only just enough that I want to fill the initial 6 movies offer, so if thats all that you have to pick from for the other 4 you have to buy then I'd be best for me to just buy them separately. So is that all there is? Is there a bigger selection upon sign up?
Old 06-10-12, 07:35 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts

There's a bigger selection for members.
Old 06-10-12, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by resevil239
Hope no one minds me reviving this.

I just wanted to know if anyone knew where to find or had a list of the movies available once you join the Disney movie club. Are you just limited to what is available with the initial sign up offer?

I collect blurays and I like to maintain a balance in terms of genre and seeing as how the only disney movie I have is the animated Alice in Wonderland I though this would be a great way to get a bunch of their movies. Thing is, theres only just enough that I want to fill the initial 6 movies offer, so if thats all that you have to pick from for the other 4 you have to buy then I'd be best for me to just buy them separately. So is that all there is? Is there a bigger selection upon sign up?
https://catalog.disneymovieclub.go.c...page.aspx?id=1

This is a link to their current online catalog that features a lot of what they have to offer. It was released at the end of April, so it's not completely up to date. It's missing releases after May 22 like John Carter.
Old 06-10-12, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by Rexxriot
This is a link to their current online catalog that features a lot of what they have to offer. It was released at the end of April, so it's not completely up to date. It's missing releases after May 22 like John Carter.
Thank you. Now that I know they have a lot for members I'll likely sign up. $30 is a lot for a bluray, but a lot of Disney movies don't really go down in value (particularly their "vault" ones) plus getting 6 for so little is awesome.
Old 06-10-12, 10:58 AM

Thank you. Now that I know they have a lot for members I'll likely sign up. $30 is a lot for a bluray, but a lot of Disney movies don't really go down in value (particularly their "vault" ones) plus getting 6 for so little is awesome.
Use the promotion code 17674B. You get 7 movies for $21.90 and only need to purchase 2 more in 2 years. And once you do that, you can cancel and sign up again if you want.
Old 06-10-12, 10:52 PM

Use the promotion code 17674B. You get 7 movies for $21.90 and only need to purchase 2 more in 2 years. And once you do that, you can cancel and sign up again if you want.
Thanks! Any Idea if that code has an expiration? I was considering waiting another month or so till I signed up.
Old 06-12-12, 09:27 PM

Thanks! Any Idea if that code has an expiration? I was considering waiting another month or so till I signed up.
We're also thinking about joining because we've falling drastically behind on our Disney's. Sadly, the ones I want most aren't part of the free offer! I was hoping to find Arriety and Castle in the Sky.

Does anyone know what they charge members for the Tron 5 Disc set? DH is after that one. I'm trying to talk him into individuals since they are part of the free choices, but so far no luck!

Thanks.
Old 06-12-12, 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by tivaclare
We're also thinking about joining because we've falling drastically behind on our Disney's. Sadly, the ones I want most aren't part of the free offer! I was hoping to find Arriety and Castle in the Sky.

Does anyone know what they charge members for the Tron 5 Disc set? DH is after that one. I'm trying to talk him into individuals since they are part of the free choices, but so far no luck!

Thanks.
If you call, you may be able to get titles not on the website in your enrollment package. It can't hurt to ask.

The Tron 5-disc set is $60, which means it counts as two fulfillment titles.
Old 06-13-12, 08:30 AM

If you call, you may be able to get titles not on the website in your enrollment package. It can't hurt to ask.

The Tron 5-disc set is $60, which means it counts as two fulfillment titles.
Thanks!! That's only a tad more than what we were looking at on Amazon, so it may be worth it to join after all. I used to be really good at getting deals during release week, but we fell behind and it's rough (financially) getting caught up.

I will call and see what they can do. Worst case, I can still eek out 7 on the enrollment site, I would just prefer a few other titles.
Old 06-20-12, 04:28 PM

I had two questions about the club. I have since joined and I emailed the support people trying to get answers to these two. All they did was send me an automated email that didn't even mention my question, then when I replied told me I need to call. Between this and telling you they don't accept Debit cards (Though they in fact DO, because I put mine in with no problems) its disney even operating in the same decade as the rest of the world? Rather than likely spending an hour on the phone I figured I'd just ask here.

Anyways heres what I wanted to know: Is there a way to switch my featured title preferred format to Bluray through the site? I know I can pick a format if I choose to order it, but I mean so I get shipped a bluray instead of a DVD if I choose not to respond to the featured title.

Also, If I choose to get a bluray copy of a featured title instead of a DVD, will I still get the limited 3D lenticular card and will it be a size that will fit into a bluray case instead of the bigger ones that only fit in a DVD case?
Old 06-20-12, 05:56 PM

I had two questions about the club. I have since joined and I emailed the support people trying to get answers to these two. All they did was send me an automated email that didn't even mention my question, then when I replied told me I need to call. Between this and telling you they don't accept Debit cards (Though they in fact DO, because I put mine in with no problems) its disney even operating in the same decade as the rest of the world? Rather than likely spending an hour on the phone I figured I'd just ask here.

Anyways heres what I wanted to know: Is there a way to switch my featured title preferred format to Bluray through the site? I know I can pick a format if I choose to order it, but I mean so I get shipped a bluray instead of a DVD if I choose not to respond to the featured title.

Also, If I choose to get a bluray copy of a featured title instead of a DVD, will I still get the limited 3D lenticular card and will it be a size that will fit into a bluray case instead of the bigger ones that only fit in a DVD case?
Yeah, their e-mail customer service sucks. Use [email protected] for better service. That woman should be able to answer any question you might have. But to answer your questions:

Did you order any blu-ray when you signed up? If so, congratulations, you're in the blu-ray club and will get blu-rays for your featured title. If not, you should be able to switch online, but I'm not sure how since I've never done it.

As far as I know, there is only one size 3D lenticular card. I've gotten 4 of them from the club any they're all the same size. And yes, they don't fit into a blu-ray case, but will fit into a DVD case.
Old 06-20-12, 07:25 PM

Yeah, their e-mail customer service sucks. Use [email protected] for better service. That woman should be able to answer any question you might have. But to answer your questions:

Did you order any blu-ray when you signed up? If so, congratulations, you're in the blu-ray club and will get blu-rays for your featured title. If not, you should be able to switch online, but I'm not sure how since I've never done it.

As far as I know, there is only one size 3D lenticular card. I've gotten 4 of them from the club any they're all the same size. And yes, they don't fit into a blu-ray case, but will fit into a DVD case.
Alright thanks. And I did order bluray's. I don't buy DVD's anymore at all, so I was hoping they'd have bluray sized ones because they are really cool looking. I got one for cars 2 with my intro kit (I just got it a couple days ago) even though I didn't get that movie (personally I didn't really like cars 2), but I was impressed at just how many layers there were to the lenticular. Most lenticulars I've seen are pretty much one dimensional and just change when you move it, but this one actually looks like stuff is poping out.
Old 07-04-12, 07:09 AM

I'm thinking of ordering the Cinderella Trilogy Collection - Blu-Ray, it comes in a jewelry box (hopefully wooden), the discounted price is $44.95 and I was wondering if that counts as two commitments.
Old 07-04-12, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by Sandyk67
I'm thinking of ordering the Cinderella Trilogy Collection - Blu-Ray, it comes in a jewelry box (hopefully wooden), the discounted price is $44.95 and I was wondering if that counts as two commitments.
Anything $49.95 or higher counts as two commitments, so if you pay full price ($59.95), it will count as two.
Old 07-04-12, 07:59 AM

Anything $49.95 or higher counts as two commitments, so if you pay full price ($59.95), it will count as two.
So I guess this will only count as one, oh well, still a good bargain, thanks.
Old 07-06-12, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by tivaclare
Sadly, the ones I want most aren't part of the free offer! I was hoping to find Arriety and Castle in the Sky.
Any luck calling in? I'd like to pick up the new Ghibli films, too.
Old 07-06-12, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by cgray
Any luck calling in? I'd like to pick up the new Ghibli films, too.
A few people on blu-ray.com have mentioned they've gotten the new Ghibli films by signing-up over the phone.
Old 11-16-13, 08:27 PM

Need 2 for fulfillment

Does the current B2G1 qualify? I mean the first 2 are $29.99 titles

Also, does anyone know if I redeem the Disney points, how does this effect the digital code?

For example, I have a Disney reward code for the Incredibles but that code is also used for the digital code. I want to redeem the points, but give the digital code to my nephew......is it possible?

Last edited by leahcim; 11-17-13 at 10:53 AM. Reason: Add
Old 12-10-13, 06:23 AM

Anyone know the 3 digit codes for blu-rays?

I received a mailer and I want to refer a friend but my choices for the "2 free" are limited.

I would do this online but online I cannot seem to get the refer a friend with the deal to get 7 blu-rays off the bat for $22 or so, online I only see the get 5 deal
Old 12-10-13, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 737 Likes on 364 Posts

Originally Posted by leahcim
Anyone know the 3 digit codes for blu-rays?

I received a mailer and I want to refer a friend but my choices for the "2 free" are limited.

I would do this online but online I cannot seem to get the refer a friend with the deal to get 7 blu-rays off the bat for $22 or so, online I only see the get 5 deal
You can't refer a friend and get your friend the best deal. If you want to refer a friend and get free movies, your friend has to take the standard deal. Not worth it, if you like your friends.
Old 12-11-13, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
You can't refer a friend and get your friend the best deal. If you want to refer a friend and get free movies, your friend has to take the standard deal. Not worth it, if you like your friends.

Cool, thanks

So with Frozen 3D gone, I may get the regular Frozen and fulfill my membership. Will the $10 promotion mess that up? I mean Frozen combo set is only $24.95 now but that is the regular price due to promotion, right?
Old 12-11-13, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^

Usually pre-orders priced at $24.95 will count as a fulfillment.
Old 05-14-16, 09:35 AM

DMC account inquiries

I recently joined Disney movie club and still have not received anything. one moment it says processed and the next it says my order history is on hold. What does that mean exactly?
Old 05-14-16, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 375 Likes on 235 Posts
Re: DMC account inquiries

Originally Posted by nickit30
I recently joined Disney movie club and still have not received anything. one moment it says processed and the next it says my order history is on hold. What does that mean exactly?
Welcome to the forum, Nick!

It's doubtful anyone here would know why your status keeps changing. I wouldn't hesitate to call/e-mail DMC. It's been a while since I've done so, but my recollection is that they respond quickly.
Old 08-18-16, 07:13 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When did they quit offering free shipping when ordering the multi-deal on featured selections? Haven't ordered in a while (load up during the VIP 60% off sales, which is the current offer). But the $2 per item shipping price (with no maximum) really runs up the price. It makes the exclusives pretty much the only things worth buying.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.