DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Disney Movie Club part 5

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-10, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Disney Movie Club part 5

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
I've never seen a B1G1 offer from DMC, ever. Free shipping is really the best you can do to minimize your $ per disc.
Right, I actually didn't mean to say "B1G1F". What I should have said was B1G50%off... and I think maybe I have also seen B1G60%off.
Old 06-15-10, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 740 Likes on 366 Posts

Originally Posted by SMART-ASS
Right, I actually didn't mean to say "B1G1F". What I should have said was B1G50%off... and I think maybe I have also seen B1G60%off.
60% you will only get on a fulfilled account.

As far as the math

7 disc enrollment package = 25.90

To fulfill with B1G1 50% off (and the 50% off is usually off the rest of your order, so you still have to place 2 orders to fulfill), you're talking a minimum of

19.95 + 9.98 + 19.95 + 9.98 + 3.95 + 1.49 + 3.95 + 1.49 = 70.74

70.74 + 25.90 = 96.64

96.64/11 = 8.78 per disc

To fulfill with Free shipping offer, you only need order 2 19.95 titles (again, in 2 seperate orders)

19.95 + 19.95 = 39.90

39.90 + 25.90 = 65.80

65.80/9 = 7.31 per disc

Maybe you could get a better ratio if you ordered titles that are already cheaper than 19.95 as your discounted titles, but their selection of stuff below 19.95 doesn't do much for me.
Old 06-16-10, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Its kind of annoying right now that I have to place two orders to get my dvd's at 19.95 to avoid the 33% off the second one. Since there is no free shipping right now its going to end up costing me extra $2.50 since I can't get the combined shipping rate. Is there any way to "turn off" the 33% off deal so I can just order 2 movies right now at full price?
Old 06-16-10, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by hypeiv
Its kind of annoying right now that I have to place two orders to get my dvd's at 19.95 to avoid the 33% off the second one. Since there is no free shipping right now its going to end up costing me extra $2.50 since I can't get the combined shipping rate. Is there any way to "turn off" the 33% off deal so I can just order 2 movies right now at full price?
There's currently not. There used to be, but they got rid of it for some reason. You could call and place a phone order, and they would probalby be able to do it. Or you can wait for a free shipping offer.
Old 06-17-10, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I signed up with a 7:2 code and made two separate orders yesterday for my last 2 dvd's (both 19.95). I got emails today saying all 3 packages shipped but when I log in none of the DVD's have a mickey mouse logo by them to indicate they count towards fulfillment.

I was wondering does it take a few days for that to show up. Also could I just call now and cancel my membership? Thanks.
Old 06-17-10, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by hypeiv
I signed up with a 7:2 code and made two separate orders yesterday for my last 2 dvd's (both 19.95). I got emails today saying all 3 packages shipped but when I log in none of the DVD's have a mickey mouse logo by them to indicate they count towards fulfillment.

I was wondering does it take a few days for that to show up. Also could I just call now and cancel my membership? Thanks.
Yes, it will take a while for the web-account-status to catch up.
You could probably call and cancel right now, though that is a bit risky before your selections actually arrive.
The DMC usually has pretty good service though, so if something like shipping damage were to happen, they'll most likely make it right.
Old 06-21-10, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yes, it will take a while for the web-account-status to catch up.
You could probably call and cancel right now, though that is a bit risky before your selections actually arrive.
The DMC usually has pretty good service though, so if something like shipping damage were to happen, they'll most likely make it right.
Thanks for the help. I logged in today and I have the four Mickey logos so I am fulfilled. I will wait till the DVD's get here and maybe stay a member for a few weeks to see if I get any deals but I am going to be out of town soon and don't want to miss the mailer so I will most likely just close the account.
Old 06-30-10, 07:59 AM

I thought I was done with the club until I had enough titles I wanted to cycle again, but my new selection of the month just came up as "A Bug's Life", which is a Club Exclusive BD/DVD Combo pack(24.95, plus I have a free shipping offer on my account). I don't have A Bug's Life yet, and I'm hesitant to buy any BD's that don't come in a combo pack (because I only have one BD player, and I hate the idea of buying movies--especially kids movies, with the DVD player in our car--that I can only watch in the living room), so this is kinda perfect for me. Buying it would ruin my per title cost on this membership that i work so hard to keep down (kinda wish I hadn't fulfilled last month now), but I think I'm gonna cave and buy it.
Old 07-06-10, 11:34 PM

Well, I worked out a better way than spending the 24.95. I converted my account to blu-ray, and got the $10 blu ray offer. Only problem was that once I got the offer, I found it wouldn't work with the Bug's Life Combo pack. However, quick call to DMC, and they let me have it for 10 bucks. And according to my confirmation email, they didn't even charge me shipping, so even better.
Old 07-07-10, 07:48 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts

Ah, that sucks, I waited for the combo pack to be released in hopes of getting it for $10, but since it wasn't working online I just ended up ordering the regular BD of Bug's Life for $10. I didn't even think to call.
Old 07-07-10, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
Well, I worked out a better way than spending the 24.95. I converted my account to blu-ray, and got the $10 blu ray offer. Only problem was that once I got the offer, I found it wouldn't work with the Bug's Life Combo pack. However, quick call to DMC, and they let me have it for 10 bucks. And according to my confirmation email, they didn't even charge me shipping, so even better.
Nice!
Old 07-29-10, 11:22 AM

Just curious if anyone knows of any current codes for the Blu-ray club?
Old 08-08-10, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hate this club. I hardly ever remember to decline their selections so I refuse their selections and send it back. This week I got a card in the mail threatening to cancel my membership. Well, hopefully they'll finally get the fucking hint.
Old 08-08-10, 05:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt
Hate this club. I hardly ever remember to decline their selections so I refuse their selections and send it back. This week I got a card in the mail threatening to cancel my membership. Well, hopefully they'll finally get the fucking hint.
I set a recurring reminder in my Outlook calendar after that happened to me a few times. Hasn't happened since.
Old 08-09-10, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Lol, I just get the Director's Selection email in my inbox, take literally 3-5 seconds to click on it and decline it. Not too hard, and in fact, took more effort to type this post.
Old 08-09-10, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Lol, I just get the Director's Selection email in my inbox, take literally 3-5 seconds to click on it and decline it. Not too hard, and in fact, took more effort to type this post.
My DMC emails stopped coming for many months, which is why I created the Outlook reminder. They have been coming in fine now for some time.
Old 08-11-10, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Finally decided to put in an application. I ordered all three of the new Ghibli DVD releases, but the only one I thought I "needed" was My Neighbor Totoro. Turns out the new DVD editions are upgrades from the 2003 releases for Kiki's Delivery Service and Castle in the Sky (Thanks DVDTalk.com reviews). I already had the later two but decided I should upgrade.

I also decided to upgrade my copy of Lilo and Stitch to the new 2-Disc Big Wave edition so I could get the documentary. As for the rest, I ordered Mulan, Robin Hood, and The Sword in the Stone for the first time.

Without back-tracking through this thread, does anyone know the best way to fulfill the account? And does Disney allow for people to re-join after their commitment is fulfilled? There are several other titles I have wanted but never even considered purchasing at higher prices... with the Disney movie club, I may want to.
Old 08-11-10, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by GenPion
Without back-tracking through this thread, does anyone know the best way to fulfill the account? And does Disney allow for people to re-join after their commitment is fulfilled? There are several other titles I have wanted but never even considered purchasing at higher prices... with the Disney movie club, I may want to.
Disney doesn't do anything resembling a BOGO. Free shipping is the best that you'll do for fulfillment. And yes, you can re-join as many times as you like. I've had several memberships in the last few years.
Old 08-11-10, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

^And even then on most unfulfilled accounts you'll only get free shipping if you take advantage of the selection of the month (and then possibly only with it's pairing title/offer). I waited for a "stand alone" (i.e. no need to purchase the selection of the month) free shipping offer for over a year on one account which caused me to miss picking up a couple of titles I really wanted as they went OOP during that time. If you do not wait for a free shipping offer it's best to order all fulfillment titles at the same time as shipping is less per title for the 2nd and up selections ordered.

From personal experience: Keep in mind that *any* % discount causes a title to no longer be valid as a fulfillment even if it's still higher than the $19.99 minimum fulfillment price. Free shipping is the only offer I've found that doesn't remove a title from being a fulfillment.
Old 08-11-10, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
^And even then on most unfulfilled accounts you'll only get free shipping if you take advantage of the selection of the month (and then possibly only with it's pairing title/offer). I waited for a "stand alone" (i.e. no need to purchase the selection of the month) free shipping offer for over a year on one account which caused me to miss picking up a couple of titles I really wanted as they went OOP during that time. If you do not wait for a free shipping offer it's best to order all fulfillment titles at the same time as shipping is less per title for the 2nd and up selections ordered.

From personal experience: Keep in mind that *any* % discount causes a title to no longer be valid as a fulfillment even if it's still higher than the $19.99 minimum fulfillment price. Free shipping is the only offer I've found that doesn't remove a title from being a fulfillment.

I've gotten a free shipping offer on 2 different unfulfilled accounts twice in less than a year. Second account was only open for about 3 months before I got it. I waited a long time for the first one. Each offer was buy one at regular price, get additional titles at x% off + free shipping. Each time I placed 2 seperate orders of one title to get them shipped for free and count as fulfillments.
Old 08-31-10, 05:02 PM
Suspended

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How do I go paperless?
Old 10-05-10, 06:25 PM
Suspended

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what is the number one calls to reply to the featured title?
I noticed this number at their website(1-800-362-4587),which I called.It does not give the option to reply to the featured title.
Old 10-05-10, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

HOW TO RESPOND TO YOUR FEATURED TITLE IT'S EASY!
Choose from the options below - 24 Hours a Day

GO ONLINE disneymovieclub.com
Respond online by the date provided. Login with your email and password. (New users must register first. Call customer service to register for paperless.)

BY PHONE 1-800-382-4527
Call by the “respond by” date. Have your Membership Number (look at the top of your Featured Title email) and billing ZIP ready. (Can't find your membership number? Call 920-521-4015)

• Available 24/7
• Fully automated
• Easy and fast!
• Respond to your Featured Title in under 1 minute!
Old 10-08-10, 05:05 PM

Hi everybody! I just joined the DMC a week ago and now I'm just waiting on the movies to arrive. I did the 5 at 1.99 each deal.

I just have one question! When we do get the featured title offer, are these usually discounted? Or do they ship free? Or are they the same regular price (like 24.95) plus shipping?

Thanks!!
Old 10-26-10, 05:02 AM

I am sure you are all aware of this. But just in case you missed it. Disney just released the following as Disney Movie Club Exclusives.

Kim Possible: The Complete First Season
Kim Possible: The Complete Second Season

Curse them! I hate joining these things, giving out my credit card information, getting bugged by them to buy things, something will go wrong and I'll be charged for crap I don't want, hard to get out of, ect,. I am tempted to join now. It's a great introductory deal. The thing that has me now is this will only be the beginning. What if they put Goof Troop box sets on there? What if they complete Rescue Rangers, ect,. on there? What other shows and movies will end up there?

Not joining will make these things next to impossible to acquire! I am sure they will turn up on eBay or Amazon.com but being rare and exclusives I am sure they'll be twice the $24.95 asking price on DMC right now.

Anyway, it's hard to find info on the Kim Possible releases right now. Apparently you have to be a member and logged in to see them on the site. A member did post the cover shots of them and I saved those images. Not sure if I am allowed to post those images on here or not.

On another note: Does anyone know when the Duck Tales movie will be released to retail? They keep saying that it will be. Donald In Mathland or whatever was already released. But I'd like to get that Duck Tales movie without joining DMC or using points on DMR.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.