Disney Movie Club part 5

DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Disney Movie Club part 5

Old 06-30-09, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Disney Movie Club part 5

Originally Posted by SMART-ASS
Blu-ray Club? Did someone say Blu-ray Club?
Found Blu-ray Club info in post #1007.
Anyone hear any more info about this deal? Is there a number I can call and ask for this deal, or ask them to send me an app?
Old 07-01-09, 05:14 PM

Ok, this might be a dumb question, but how do you force their website to charge you full price for your 2nd selection instead of it being XX% off so it counts towards your commitment?
Old 07-06-09, 05:12 PM

There is a blu-ray sale this week that makes most of the blu-rays $20 each when you buy 3. The sale was not working online for me (even though it is advertised online) but by calling in over the phone I got:

Smart People
Miracle
The Greatest Game Ever Played

for $63 shipped.
Old 07-07-09, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by baap
I just talked to a cast member to ask them if they had a specific Blu-ray club. I know that VamPirateXXX was kind enough to post that information, I wanted to find out if they had a code to sign up online. The CSR took my information and said that I should be getting the enrollment packet in the mail. He said the club should be getting going in the next couple of weeks. Thought I would post this here in case anyone else was wondering.
As a follow-up to the above post, I did receive a sign-up package in the mail last week but it was for DVDs. It specifically said DVD only for the enrollment. Oh well !
Old 07-07-09, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by duckydan
There is a blu-ray sale this week that makes most of the blu-rays $20 each when you buy 3. The sale was not working online for me (even though it is advertised online) but by calling in over the phone I got:

Smart People
Miracle

for $63 shipped.
That's a good way to fulfill an account! I think the best way to use it would be to sign up for the 7:2 account, but make it a 6:3 by not buying the 7th DVD, and then use these 3 to fulfill.

Duckydan, your first post was far too useful and informative. Something's fishy here. We're keeping our eyes on you.

(Assuming you haven't been lurking for a long time, welcome to the forums! )
Old 07-08-09, 01:59 AM

Smart People
Miracle

for $63 shipped.
Worked online for me. I also was able to combine this sale with one of the other offers on my account. The other offer was, I think, 25% off movies and free shipping. So, if anyone is going to take advantage of this sale, take a look at your other offers and see if you can combine for free shipping as well.
Old 07-10-09, 08:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

went ahead and picked up NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS, SIN CITY and THE ROCK all on blu-ray for $66 to fulfill my account.
Old 07-12-09, 02:05 PM

The last time they had a $20 blu-ray sale I called a cast member to ask if buying three would qualify for my fulfillment. I was told they would not because they were a discounted item. Did something change?
Old 07-12-09, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by inksketcher
The last time they had a $20 blu-ray sale I called a cast member to ask if buying three would qualify for my fulfillment. I was told they would not because they were a discounted item. Did something change?
Disney Movie Club Membership Agreement

Fulfilling Your Agreement:
Each movie purchased at the member's respective regular Club price counts as 1 unit toward completing the purchase commitment. Regular Club prices prices start at just $19.95 per DVD and $29.95 per Blu-ray for members who joined under a DVD enrollment offer. Regular Club prices start at $19.95 per DVD and $29.95 per Blu-ray for members who joined under a Blu-ray enrollment offer. (PLEASE NOTE: Discounted or sale-priced movies, non-recorded merchandise, music product, special offers, and promotional items do not count toward fulfilling your purchase commitment, unless otherwise indicated. Other exclusions and exceptions will be noted in particular mailings or online at DisneyMovieClub.com.) Multipacks are subject to different commitment rules, and their value toward your purchase commitment will be noted in individual communications. Prices are subject to change, and the Club will notify you of changes in future mailings.
Old 07-12-09, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 737 Likes on 364 Posts

That's what the membership rules say, but in most cases, if the purchase is over 19.95, they count them as fulfillments, regardless of whether or not they are discounted. I mean they could always stop doing it, and then point at the rules as why, but in the past they have usually counted them.
Old 07-13-09, 01:29 AM

^ Just fulfilled an account with 3 for $60.
Old 07-13-09, 02:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by rednowgreen
Disney Movie Club Membership Agreement

Fulfilling Your Agreement:
Each movie purchased at the member's respective regular Club price counts as 1 unit toward completing the purchase commitment. Regular Club prices prices start at just $19.95 per DVD and $29.95 per Blu-ray for members who joined under a DVD enrollment offer. Regular Club prices start at $19.95 per DVD and $29.95 per Blu-ray for members who joined under a Blu-ray enrollment offer. (PLEASE NOTE: Discounted or sale-priced movies, non-recorded merchandise, music product, special offers, and promotional items do not count toward fulfilling your purchase commitment, unless otherwise indicated. Other exclusions and exceptions will be noted in particular mailings or online at DisneyMovieClub.com.) Multipacks are subject to different commitment rules, and their value toward your purchase commitment will be noted in individual communications. Prices are subject to change, and the Club will notify you of changes in future mailings.
As Obi-Wan said, these are the terms, but not the practice. There have been at least 10 examples of this in this thread alone, so feel free to go back and read a bit. I have fulfilled 4 accounts using discounted items, and am currently on my 5th, and will do so again. Only DVDs and Blu-rays count, so you can't fulfill with a DS game, for example. But anything at least $19.95 after discounts will go towards fulfillment.
Old 07-13-09, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Cheato
That's a good way to fulfill an account! I think the best way to use it would be to sign up for the 7:2 account, but make it a 6:3 by not buying the 7th DVD, and then use these 3 to fulfill.

Duckydan, your first post was far too useful and informative. Something's fishy here. We're keeping our eyes on you.

(Assuming you haven't been lurking for a long time, welcome to the forums! )

I've been lurking for a while following this club before I signed up but don't tend to post much (mostly log on looking for deals.)

I signed up for the 6:3 and then used these 3 to fulfill although atm it tells me I still need to purchase 3 discs and I have no order history so I'm not sure what is up with their site...

*Edit: It now is showing up right so it may have just been down for a while earlier.

Last edited by duckydan; 07-13-09 at 01:29 PM.
Old 07-13-09, 07:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by riotinmyskull
went ahead and picked up NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS, SIN CITY and THE ROCK all on blu-ray for $66 to fulfill my account.
none of mine counted as commitments
Old 07-14-09, 09:21 AM

Give it some time Riot...

At first they only showed up in my purchases with the ears and now under my committment it says "VIP Member" with all four ears filled. It took a little over a week to get to that point. I also received the discs yesterday which is pretty quick for DMC.
Old 07-14-09, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Give it some time Riot...

At first they only showed up in my purchases with the ears and now under my committment it says "VIP Member" with all four ears filled. It took a little over a week to get to that point. I also received the discs yesterday which is pretty quick for DMC.
the titles are listed as "shipped" and no ears...here's hoping things change.
Old 07-14-09, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

^ Has the charge cleared your credit card? For me, the items have always shipped a few days before the charge actually goes through on my card. Once the charge went through, my ears showed up on the site.
Old 07-14-09, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Has anyone noticed, that on the enrollment site, if you select to view all titles A-Z, that there are quite a few Blu-ray titles that you can add to your cart?
I got all excited, filling up my cart with Blu discs, but then at checkout, the total price in the cart was like $180 .
Old 07-15-09, 03:30 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Cheato
^ Has the charge cleared your credit card? For me, the items have always shipped a few days before the charge actually goes through on my card. Once the charge went through, my ears showed up on the site.
ears showed up! awesome deal.
Old 07-15-09, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Signed up for new membership and purposfully made the account a 6:3 so I could take advantage of the 3 Blus for $60 deal. Is the deal dead now ?
Old 07-16-09, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I took advantage of a new deal called the Big Summer Sale (see below). I only needed to purchase one more DVD at full price to fulfill my account and become a VIP member. I picked up three DVDs, and I ended up getting two Miyazaki DVDs for the price of one.

Your highest-priced selection counts as your regular price movies (DVD must be $19.95 or more. Blu-ray must be $29.95 or more). All additional DVD titles of equal or lesser value will have the 50% discount applied. All additional Blu-ray titles of equal or lesser value will have the 20% discount applied. Discounted titles do not count toward your purchase commitment, and are limited to 3 units per title. Multipacks, CDs, Merchandise and Club Deals are not eligible for discounts. These offers cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion. Offers end July 27, 2009.
Old 07-18-09, 07:35 PM

What are the advantages of keeping a fulfilled VIP account with DMC vs. cancelling and signing up for a new membership to get the freebies? Once this summer 50%/20% sale is off, I am considering flipping. Is it worthwhile with Disney?
Old 07-18-09, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

There is no advantage to keeping a fulfilled account compared to cycling accounts, unless there are not at leas 5 titles that you want to get that are available as enrollment selections.

And the Summer Sale is virtually useless. Cycling accounts gets you DVDs at an average cost of something like $7.50 delivered. You're not beating that with the Summer Sale, especially with shipping costs.

Your question has been asked and debated a few times in this thread, so feel free to look back and read previous similar comments by me and others.
Old 07-18-09, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Signed up for new membership and purposfully made the account a 6:3 so I could take advantage of the 3 Blus for $60 deal. Is the deal dead now ?
Don't worry, it'll be back soon enough. I would just wish that DC would put more Blu-Rays in their listing. What they have listing is pretty limited. Or, is that all they have out in the market?
Old 07-19-09, 02:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by thejester
Don't worry, it'll be back soon enough. I would just wish that DC would put more Blu-Rays in their listing. What they have listing is pretty limited. Or, is that all they have out in the market?
Ok, thanks man. I havn't had a Disney Club account for so long, I had no idea if it was a "one off" type deal or what. I hope it comes back soon.

Not sure about EVERYTHING on the market, but you know how Disney is. They're gonna milk it nice and slow.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.