Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Disney Movie Club part 5

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-07, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by musicmark
1) Do the movies come in regular retail packaging--specifically, do they have the Disney Movie Rewards codes in them?
The DVDs are identical to retail. I can't confirm about the Rewards codes though.
Old 08-03-07, 01:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just found this thread via Google, and joined because of it. Thanks to the regulars here for all the excellent information.

A couple quick questions before I try to join:

1) Do the movies come in regular retail packaging--specifically, do they have the Disney Movie Rewards codes in them?
-Yes, they do come in regular retail packaging: slipcovers, Buena Vista stamp, etc....
Disney Movie Rewards codes (MINE) other my be different.
Pirates 2 - Yes
Cars - Yes
Cinderella 3 - Yes
Fox & Hound 1/2 -No/No
Air Buddies - No
.....I called about my Air Buddies and I got an email within a few hours with a code.

2) Can anyone tell me the regular price of Donald Duck in Mathmagic Land?
-$19.95, Double Feature w/ School House Rock $24.95
Old 08-03-07, 10:26 PM

Thanks for the quick responses. So it sounds like DMC versions SHOULD come with the codes. Rednowgreen--when you called and got a code, did you call DMC, or some other number? Just in case I need it someday....

Went back and read the whole thread, and have a couple more questions. Does the limit of 3 per "Exclusives" title seem to still be in effect? Saw that mentioned MANY months back.

And about calling Buena Vista to get missing slipcovers...what number would that be?

TIA for the help!

--Mark
Old 08-04-07, 07:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts
Does the limit of 3 per "Exclusives" title seem to still be in effect? Saw that mentioned MANY months back.

And about calling Buena Vista to get missing slipcovers...what number would that be?
--Mark
Here is a quote from the Membership Agreement on the site:
Offer And Order Restrictions:
"The Disney Movie Club reserves the right to restrict quantities of select titles ordered at regular price due to limited stock on hand. Discounted selections are limited to 3 units per title, per order, either on VHS or DVD. A Member may not purchase more than 3 discounted units of any single title during the life of his/her membership."

So while it doesn't directly limit the quantity of non-discounted (including "Exclusive") selections it leaves the door open for limiting such. I don't have the current mailing to check what is printed in the catalog. Sometimes additional restrictions are spelled out in more detail in print than on the web site.

And from the FAQ on the "sign up" section for the club:
"If you have any additional questions, please call 1-800-362-4587 from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., Eastern Time, Monday-Friday."
This is the DMC CS Call center both before and after you join.

Last edited by BobO'Link; 08-04-07 at 07:18 AM.
Old 08-08-07, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
any free shipping codes out there?
Old 08-08-07, 04:35 PM

I just recieved one in the mail today (snail mail), "Free Shipping when you buy 2 movies at regular price".

Offer ends August 27th

I have not completed my membership commitment yet so I don't know if it works on accounts that have.
Old 08-14-07, 06:09 PM

24 HOUR SALE - VIPs Only?

88010 - 50% off additional movies when you buy 1 at regular price - expires August 15th

I wish they'd do a sale that didn't require you to buy a regular priced movie.
Old 08-14-07, 10:09 PM

Well one time I used a free shipping code for the 3 for $30 deal and it worked.
Old 08-15-07, 01:39 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by sailor_moon
24 HOUR SALE - VIPs Only?

88010 - 50% off additional movies when you buy 1 at regular price - expires August 15th

I wish they'd do a sale that didn't require you to buy a regular priced movie.
I got this code yesterday also and got

Kurt Russel Classics for 18.95 and
Alias Complete Series for 72.47 (50% off)

I don't mind getting something else with it to get it at that price even if its not the complete series set and just the seasons together, thats still a great deal considering the cheapest most places carry the rambaldi box set is $144.
Old 08-15-07, 01:52 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts
Wow. I wish I had a current Disney account, I'd jump on that Alias price.
Old 08-22-07, 03:55 PM

Studio Ghibli titles

Does the disney club still have these Studio Ghibli titles available:
Princess Mononoke
My Neighbor Totoro
Pom Poko
My Neighbors the Yamadas
if so how much are they?
how much is porco rosso?
Thanks!
Old 08-22-07, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by psych0kitty
Does the disney club still have these Studio Ghibli titles available:
Princess Mononoke
My Neighbor Totoro
Pom Poko
My Neighbors the Yamadas
if so how much are they?
how much is porco rosso?
Thanks!
Princess Mononoke - not offered
My Neighbor Totoro - $19.95
Pom Poko - $19.95
My Neighbors The Yamadas - $19.95
Porco Rosso - $21.95
Old 08-22-07, 08:36 PM

Just got an email for free shipping on orders over $35, offer ends August 28th

I am not a VIP member yet so I don't know if this offer is good for VIP members.
Old 08-24-07, 11:02 AM

^I've used this offer before and I'm not a VIP member either. This seems like the best code to use to fulfill account.
Old 08-29-07, 08:13 AM

There is a 15% off additional movies when you buy one at regular price deal, plus free shipping. The part of the code I like is the free shipping because you don't have to buy one at the regular club price to get it, I just tried a DVD I want for $13.95 and the code gave me free shipping with just that one DVD, it don't count as a fullfillment of course but this particular DVD is not sold anywhere else (cept at amazon.com in the new and used section for $22.99+shipping) so that is a good price for it.

Offer ends 9/24/07
Old 08-29-07, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Sandyk67
There is a 15% off additional movies when you buy one at regular price deal, plus free shipping. The part of the code I like is the free shipping because you don't have to buy one at the regular club price to get it, I just tried a DVD I want for $13.95 and the code gave me free shipping with just that one DVD, it don't count as a fullfillment of course but this particular DVD is not sold anywhere else (cept at amazon.com in the new and used section for $22.99+shipping) so that is a good price for it.

Offer ends 9/24/07
Oooo... what movie? Or is it a secret?
Old 08-29-07, 08:13 PM

No secret, "Treasure of Matecumbe".
Old 08-30-07, 04:41 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Ok, I'm thinking about joining DMC. A few questions since this thread is getting old.

I went to the join page, and used the code given above for 4-for-$1 at signup (785047). As long as I was on the "Best Sellers" page it presented, that offer stayed up on the right-hand side of the page. Clicking to "Disney Exclusives" replaced it with the "3-for-$1.99 each" offer instead. But clicking on the "A-Z List" button let me see all the movies, and kept the 4for$1 offer. If I join up, I'll report back on if/how it works through checkout
seems to be the best code.

They seem to carry some the of BV boxed sets. Do higher priced sets like the Alias Rimbaldi set count as multiple fufillments (a la CH). FOr example 59.99 DVD sets may count as two fulfillments instead of 1.

What Platinum titles are still available?
Old 08-30-07, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks
The only Platinum Editions available are The Little Mermaid and Peter Pan, as those are the only two still in print. They do carry the special editions for many, non-Platinum titles though.
Old 08-30-07, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks
Do higher priced sets like the Alias Rimbaldi set count as multiple fufillments (a la CH). FOr example 59.99 DVD sets may count as two fulfillments instead of 1.

According to the latest mailing I have the Zorro Season 1 set, which sells for $59.95, counts as 3 fulfillments. Based on that I would think any set at that price point or above would count as 3. I was unable to find anything showing where the 2 fulfillment price point would be but I would guess it to be at $39.95.
Old 09-06-07, 02:26 AM

Hi, I'm thinking of joining DMC as a first time member. Reading thru this thread, it sounded like fulfillment titles need to be purchased at $19.95 or more. However, there's a question/answer on their FAQ (http://disney.videos.go.com/General/...p/HelpFAQ?q=21) that answers this question: What movie purchases will count toward my membership agreement?

Their answer is:

Each movie you purchase at regular Club Price counts as one unit toward completion of your membership agreement.

(PLEASE NOTE: Discounted movies, movies priced below $14.95, non-recorded merchandise, special offers, and promotional items do not count toward fulfilling your membership agreement, unless otherwise indicated. Other exclusions and exceptions will be noted in particular mailings or online at DisneyMovieClub.com )

Multipacks are subject to different commitment rules, and their value toward your membership commitment will be noted in individual communications. Prices are subject to change, and the Club will notify you of changes in future mailings.

-------------

So does this mean that non-discounted movies that are $14.95 and up would count towards a fulfillment? In other words, if there are titles whose regular price is $14.95 or higher, then buying these would count as a fulfillment? Are there any such titles available?
Old 09-06-07, 02:49 AM

Could someone who's a member post the prices for the following titles? I wanted to check which ones are worth it to get as enrollment vs fulfillment titles. Thanks!

- Cars
- Miracle
- Toy Story
- Toy Story 2
- Schoolhouse Rock
- Chicago (Razzle Dazzle edition)
- The Village
- Castle in the Sky
- Kiki's Delivery Service
- Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
- Porco Rosso
- The Cat Returns
- Whisper of the Heart
Old 09-06-07, 02:53 AM

Also, would the three Wave 7 Disney Treasures coming out in December eventually be made available to purchase as fulfillment titles? (I'm assuming that Disney Treasures have never been available as enrollments before.) How have the Disney Treasures titles from the previous Waves been priced?
Old 09-06-07, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm pretty sure all fulfillments have to be $19.95 or higher. I'm not sure what that bit you quoted from the site is about.

Treasures do work for fulfillment of course. They're priced at $29.95 each. You can get some pretty good deals on them though. Once you fulfill with cheaper titles you'll become a VIP member and you'll get a special one time only coupon for B1G1. Use that and you can get two Treasures for $29.95 plus shipping. I was unable to find a better use for the B1G1 code.

As for your other post...

- Cars - $21.95
- Miracle - $19.95
- Toy Story - $21.95
- Toy Story 2 - $21.95
- Schoolhouse Rock - I can't even find this, I know they used to offer it though.
- Chicago (Razzle Dazzle edition) - $21.95
- The Village - $19.95
- Castle in the Sky - $19.95
- Kiki's Delivery Service - $19.95
- Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind - $21.95
- Porco Rosso - $21.95
- The Cat Returns - $21.95
- Whisper of the Heart - $19.95

Before you order anything from DMC check prices elsewhere. You won't usually find a better deal on the animated stuff, but a lot of the single disc live action movies can be had cheaper from other places. I know Miracle was just on sale at Buy.com for $5.xx, it's bound to come up cheap again. I think The Village may have been in the same deal too.
Old 09-06-07, 07:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

This should clear up the price point for fulfillment titles.

From the Membership Agreement link:

Your Membership Agreement: By accepting the introductory offer, you agree to the terms of membership specified within your enrollment contract, including the purchase of a minimum number of titles at regular Club prices within the time period specified (your purchase commitment). Regular Club prices start at just $14.95 per VHS and $19.95 per DVD, plus shipping and processing of $3.95 for the first title in each shipment and $1.00 for each additional title on the same order (plus applicable sales tax in California and Wisconsin). Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery.

Fulfilling Your Agreement: Each movie you purchase at regular Club prices counts as 1 unit toward completing your purchase commitment. (PLEASE NOTE: Discounted movies, videos priced below $14.95, DVDs priced below $19.95, non-recorded merchandise, music product, special offers, and promotional items do not count toward fulfilling your purchase commitment, unless otherwise indicated. Other exclusions and exceptions will be noted in particular mailings or online at DisneyMovieClub.com. Multipacks are subject to different commitment rules, and their value toward your purchase commitment will be noted in individual communications. Prices are subject to change, and the Club will notify you of changes in future mailings.

-----

So... *if* you want a VHS tape you can spend $14.95 otherwise it'll cost at least $19.95 for each fulfillment. Another very important point I should mention is that ANY discount that causes the price to go below the fulfillment threshold will invalidate that selection as a fulfillment title. i.e. A 10% discount on even a $21.95 title will cause it to fall below $19.95 and therefore NOT be considered a fulfillment.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.