DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Clubs (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-clubs-13/)
-   -   The Recently Available For Enrollment List (Rebirth) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-clubs/465293-recently-available-enrollment-list-rebirth.html)

lizard 10-14-09 02:13 PM

5318407 Horsemen
5282900 A Simple Wish
5335906 The Wiggles: Go Bananas! (FS)

lizard 10-19-09 09:42 AM

5297403 Robot Chicken: Star Wars - Episode II (FS)

This is the last title added before Columbia House stopped listing new releases on the enrollment website. Until or unless they change their new policy of not adding to the list of DVDs available on the enrollment website, there will be no new ones available for enrollment. :sad:

SMART-ASS 10-19-09 12:24 PM

Re: The Recently Available For Enrollment List (Rebirth)

Originally Posted by lizard (Post 9783068)

This is the last title added before Columbia House stopped listing new releases on the enrollment website. Until or unless they change their new policy of not adding to the list of DVDs available on the enrollment website, there will be no new ones available for enrollment. :sad:

Have you tried sending them an email asking for an explanation as to why this has happened?
I'd be curious to see what the answer is if any.

bigjim25 10-19-09 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by SMART-ASS (Post 9783303)
Have you tried sending them an email asking for an explanation as to why this has happened?

I'd say it has something to do with Christmas. In years past alot of titles wouldn't show up 'til Dec. 26th. I think this year they are doing that with all newer releases, so no cheap Christmas gifts unless you get older titles. :down:

lizard 10-20-09 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by SMART-ASS (Post 9783303)

No. Remember that we aren't supposed to "know" about the two/three month delay in enrollment titles. I am reluctant to reveal that I know more about their (former?) business strategies than the typical CSRs. However, an inquiry as to why certain recent high profile titles (Star Trek, Harry Potter 6, Transformers 2) don't show up on their enrollment website might prove interesting.

lizard 10-20-09 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by bigjim25 (Post 9783918)
I'd say it has something to do with Christmas. In years past alot of titles wouldn't show up 'til Dec. 26th. I think this year they are doing that with all newer releases, so no cheap Christmas gifts unless you get older titles. :down:

This change in no longer listing new titles on the enrollment site started several months ago, so your hypothesis seems unlikely. Not that I have a better one.

SMART-ASS 10-20-09 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by lizard (Post 9785262)
No. Remember that we aren't supposed to "know" about the two/three month delay in enrollment titles. I am reluctant to reveal that I know more about their (former?) business strategies than the typical CSRs. However, an inquiry as to why certain recent high profile titles (Star Trek, Harry Potter 6, Transformers 2) don't show up on their enrollment website might prove interesting.

Ya, well, it's not like you'd have to reveal "all".
It doesn't take a genius to figure out there are no titles at all becoming available for enrollment.

I think sending such an inquiry would be a waste of time anyway. I doubt any real answer would come back that explains anything.

SMART-ASS 10-20-09 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by lizard (Post 9785301)
This change in no longer listing new titles on the enrollment site started several months ago, so your hypothesis seems unlikely. Not that I have a better one.

I like to think of a theory that all of the missing titles are being ported into a new system that also makes Blu-ray available for enrollment.
Soon the new system will take over, and we'll be in business again.

Hey, a guy can dream can't he?;)

putnum 10-20-09 08:17 PM

Hey guys I am new to using Columbia house as a source to getting my stuff. I have one account and its about to be complete and I will open another one and use the knowledge from this site to get the best deals.

My question is how do ya'll know what dvds are ready for enrollment? Is there a way to look at it using my account that I have now or what?

Thanks,
Adam

Space_Monkey 10-21-09 09:37 AM

I use the latest list file referenced in the data miner sticky thread. I open it in a spreadsheet and use the enrollment column as reference. Then I take the selection number for the title and version I want and search the columbiahouse site by selection number. That has proved to be the best method for me.

Cheato 10-21-09 10:06 AM

I check this thread. I find it to be the best method.

I'm actually not sure why you are asking the question, since this thread's exact purpose is to tell you what is available for enrollment.

Anything older than the 3 months is almost definitely available as an enrollment selection, unless CH carried a deluxe version and a regular version of the title, in which case usually only the regular version is available as an enrollment selection. You can also check the "Not Available for Enrollments" thread for the other exception titles.

bigjim25 11-06-09 03:05 PM

These are on the enrollment front page now:
5352000 17 Again
5342001 Coraline
5341706 Fast & Furious (2009)
5335302 The Haunting In Connecticut: Unrated Special Ediiton
5407101 Twilight Two Disc Special Edition
5352208 Watchmen

On these, once on the enrollment front page you have to click the title I mentioned in ( ) to see these. I'm sure they are others but I didn't have time to look. Hope this helps someone.
5407200 Knowing (have to go under Twilight to see this)
5364005 Management (have to go under 17 Again to see this)
5331905 Miss March Unrated Fully Exposed Edition (have to go under Twilight then Push then Sex Drive to see this)
5407408 Push (have to go under Twilight to see this)
5406806 Sex Drive Unrated and Cream-Filled 2-Disc Special Edition (have to go under Twilight then Push to see this)

lizard 11-07-09 09:28 AM

^ They sure make it difficult to find enrollment titles now that they are no longer adding them to the search database. This is the sort of tiresome Easter egg hunting that our lists were supposed to prevent. What a PITA!

lizard 11-07-09 11:42 AM

^^Under Fast and Furious (2009) you can find:

2665008 The Fast And The Furious (2001) Collector’s Edition
4495404 The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift

If you add 2665008 The Fast And The Furious (2001) Collector’s Edition to your cart, it will pull up:

2933604 2 Fast 2 Furious

(Isn't this fun?)

If you go to Halloween Collector's Edition you can link to:

5352703 Friday the 13Th: Part 4 - the Final Chapter Deluxe Edition

From there you can link to:

5352802 Friday the 13th: Part 5 - A New Beginning: Deluxe Edition

From there you can link to:

5352901 Friday the 13th: Part 6 - Jason Lives: Deluxe Edition

Well, you get the idea...

Bill Needle 12-13-09 10:16 AM

Yeah, CH has been a big steaming cup of JACK SQUAT when it comes to new enrollments for me lately. Either that, or there just hasn't been anything I care about coming due the last few months.

Of course, I haven't been able to get a new membership approved with the 20 or so titles I already have ready to go anyway, so I guess it shouldn't matter.

inksketcher 01-16-10 09:21 AM

Lizard, is this thread no longer active? Did CH stop adding new enrollment titles or what?

lizard 01-16-10 12:08 PM

Columbia House stopped listing the newly available titles in a searchable database. It made it impractical for me to check when titles became available. The amount of work to find and list titles as Columbia House adds them to their catalog is large, but if I can't easily check when they become available for enrollment it is also pretty useless.

I haven't checked in recent weeks to see if CH has fixed their enrollment site, but nobody has reported that they have either. Without a searchable enrollment site, there is no simple way to find newly available titles.

I did the "Not Yet Available" list for several years and that represents hundreds of hours of work. If someone else would like to give it a try, please have at it. Perhaps someone can develop a script that will search out all titles on the enrollment site and ferret out the new ones by comparing it to the previous iteration. I'm on dial-up so that is not an option for me.

I should also point out that I was an early adopter of high definition, so buying DVDs is of little interest to me. I kept doing the list, when it was still useful, as a courtesy to others. But I haven't opened a new account in over a year and can't even find a good B1G1F deal on Blu-ray Discs to finish fulfilling my one open account. Columbia House is still a good deal for those interested in building DVD collections. But it makes little sense for those of us buying BDs.

SMART-ASS 01-16-10 05:09 PM

Well lizard, hopefully things will change soon for the Blu-ray side of things.
A couple of days ago CH sent me an email to take a survey.
The survey was very lengthy, and asked any and all questions that had to do with using, owning, buying hi def media, dvds, displays ect... ...and it even mentioned the CH was looking into a Blu-ray exclusive club, and all that jazz.
I was surprised how in_depth the survey was. Hopefully this means good changes for the better soon.

skidmark 01-17-10 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by SMART-ASS (Post 9946372)
Well lizard, hopefully things will change soon for the Blu-ray side of things.
A couple of days ago CH sent me an email to take a survey.
The survey was very lengthy, and asked any and all questions that had to do with using, owning, buying hi def media, dvds, displays ect... ...and it even mentioned the CH was looking into a Blu-ray exclusive club, and all that jazz.
I was surprised how in_depth the survey was. Hopefully this means good changes for the better soon.

I started a thread here on the survey:

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-clubs/5...ay-survey.html

basaro 01-20-10 02:13 PM

Using the datamine and the database I put together, I can probably provide this update, but it would likely be on a monthly basis as the datamine becomes available.

This month, I tracked 184 new enrollments since last months update. Many of them, even though available can't be found on the enrollment site (see lizards thread above), and I need help finding the item number of the titles I don't have.

See the dataminer thread for more info.
Cheers :)