Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains > DVD Clubs
Reload this Page >

Erroneous Charge (King Kong) anyone else?

Community
Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-06, 06:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

I noticed on my credit card today that CH charged my 25.94. I thought maybe I'd missed cancelling an automatic shipment (it happened once, with Hitch) I went to my open account and found that on 5/3, they charged me 25.94 for an order for King Kong that I supposedly forgot to decline in March. So two months after I (supposedly) forgot to decline a DVD (which I did not ever receive) they are charging me for it. Has anyone else had this happen? I emailed them, so hopefully it will be cleared up but it seems kind of weird. It's so long ago, that I don't even have the "declined" email anymore.

Here's the order:
3/17/06 1889500456370 Automatic $25.94 $2

Here's the payment:
5/3/06 1889500456370 Visa $25.94
Old 05-08-06, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That happened to me last year with Million Dollar Baby. It was a Director's Selection from July but I didn't receive it 'til October. Just wait for it to arrive and when it does do not open the box and just write, "Refused : Return To Sender" across the address window where your name appears. It shouldn't cost you anything to just drop it at the post office counter. I recently did this with a BMG music selection that I was sent and my account has already been adjusted. Mailed it back on 4/28.

Last edited by Xbox69; 05-08-06 at 08:21 PM.
Old 05-08-06, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Thanks. That does sound like what happened--I was just worried it wouldn't come so nothing to send back, but from what you said as well as their response, it sounds like it just shipped on DDD time.
Old 05-09-06, 10:56 PM

I just had this happen to me on the TV account I opened recently. The selection showed as ordered on my account on 3/17, BUT, I did not even get the welcome to the club email until 3/20! I hace declined all selections since signing up, and this did not show in my order history for at least a month after I had signed up (I noticed it a few days ago when I happened to log into my accounts).

Anyways, the package came today, and since I my packages come to my work, I was able to refuse the package. Is this the correct way to handle things (this is how I used to do it with BMG years ago)? How long will it take for them to credit my card?
Old 05-10-06, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DrPrimo
I just had this happen to me on the TV account I opened recently. The selection showed as ordered on my account on 3/17, BUT, I did not even get the welcome to the club email until 3/20! I hace declined all selections since signing up, and this did not show in my order history for at least a month after I had signed up (I noticed it a few days ago when I happened to log into my accounts).

Anyways, the package came today, and since I my packages come to my work, I was able to refuse the package. Is this the correct way to handle things (this is how I used to do it with BMG years ago)? How long will it take for them to credit my card?

Thats a good way to do it. Don't worry about being present to refuse a package, so long as you don't open it you can just write refuse on it and drop it off at the PO or into a mailbox if its small enough. I think I waited over a month to refuse a BMG mailing once.
Old 05-10-06, 08:38 PM

This happened to me FOUR MONTHS in a row. They charged me for a director's selection I declined months prior. They charge you for the director's selection and do not process the return until you get charged for the next month's again. Thus you keep returning and being charged. It is a process they have figured out that I won't play with anymore. I may join again through Bill Me and close immediately some time down the line. It just doesn't pay to keep an account open anymore.