Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains > DVD Clubs
Reload this Page >

Will Crash (2 disc DC edition) ever be available as an enrollment?

DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Old 04-07-06, 08:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Or will they use the approach followed for Constantine and Lord of War and only allow the single disc edition to be available for enrollment?

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-07-06, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Only time will tell, but most likely it won't be available. Or we could get another Constantine situation whereby it is available only for a shrt period of time. I was lucky enough to get that one as an enrollment when that happened.
I've stopped speculating in what they are going to do with SE/DE of various movies though and just get them during bogof sales or as fulfillments instead.
Old 04-07-06, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i suspect that this will almost certainly be available for enrollment....this is a re-release, much in the vain of batman, tommy boy, new jack city, etc. those batman begins, willy wonka, constantine, WOW were all released at the same time as the single discs....i would be shocked if this isn't eventually an enrollment...
Old 04-08-06, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by SoonerDoc
i suspect that this will almost certainly be available for enrollment....this is a re-release, much in the vain of batman, tommy boy, new jack city, etc. those batman begins, willy wonka, constantine, WOW were all released at the same time as the single discs....i would be shocked if this isn't eventually an enrollment...
Well you had the original (now OOP) of Amadeus and One Flew over Cuckoo's Nest that were available for enrollment a long time ago and then the SE were released. AFAIK they have never been available for enrollment and they are still not (same price as Crash DC too), but as I said - time will tell and we are talking about CH/BMG and their erratic behavior here.
Old 04-08-06, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by sotra
AFAIK they have never been available for enrollment and they are still not

I got the 2 disc versions of both Amadeus and Cuckoo's Nest as enrollments from CH. I didn't know they were no longer available as such. strange.
Old 04-08-06, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by garmonbozia
I got the 2 disc versions of both Amadeus and Cuckoo's Nest as enrollments from CH.
Same here.

I love all my enrollments I got "under the wire". All the Fox and Buena Vista DVDs, and so on.
Old 04-08-06, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Before my time then. That's why I said AFAIK. They haven't been for a long time (2 years or so).
Old 04-09-06, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Will the Kingdom of Heaven directors cut be available as a fullfillment title? And will it be right away?
Old 04-09-06, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by starman9000
Will the Kingdom of Heaven directors cut be available as a fullfillment title? And will it be right away?
It's a Fox title, so CH will not carry it. Go ahead and place that pre-order at Amazon.
Old 04-09-06, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
It's a Fox title, so CH will not carry it. Go ahead and place that pre-order at Amazon.

Thanks, I already ordered it, but was just double checking. I could've sworn I say the original version there.

Now, should I watch the original version, which I just picked up and have never seen, or should I return it and wait until the new one comes out.....
Old 04-09-06, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by starman9000
Thanks, I already ordered it, but was just double checking. I could've sworn I say the original version there.

Now, should I watch the original version, which I just picked up and have never seen, or should I return it and wait until the new one comes out.....
I haven't seen either version, but a review at thedigitalbits claims that the extended version blows away the theatrical cut. If it were me, I would return the version that you currently have and wait until May 23.

BTW, the theatrical version is currently airing on Cinemax.