DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Disk Stolen!!

Old 03-21-06, 03:39 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Disk Stolen!!

So I had a disk stolen from me!

The box was ripped open with two pieces of tape used to “seal” it. Constantine: Deluxe Edition was NOT in the box when I received it, while Doctor Who: The Leisure Hive has a disc rattling around in it. I have contacted the Post Office to look into it, as I believe this happened in transit. My building is serviced by doormen, whom I don’t believe would risk their jobs for a DVD. There is no other access to my mail which is key locked and the doormen are positioned right across from the mail room.
Old 03-21-06, 03:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've had several stolen over the years. CH has always been good about just mailing out a replacement. The USPS has never been that good at following up on it.
Old 03-21-06, 04:02 PM
Banned

There was a house I lived in which wasn't in a great neighborhood (college neighorhood, not like a ghetto). If no one was home, the postal worker would just leave the packages on the front porch for anyone to come steal.
Old 03-21-06, 08:04 PM
mbs
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I wonder why they didn't take both. Or just gank the package.

Either way, CH will replace it. Tell them the package arrived missing the selection. You won't even have to wait thirty days.
Old 03-22-06, 03:42 AM
Banned

One time, I received a box that was completely empty. It didn't look tampered with, so it seemed like CH just sealed it up and shipped it out empty.
Old 03-22-06, 04:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

BMG just recently sent my sister a duplicate CD in her enrollment along with another one not ordered. Of course, they took the place of 2 she actually ordered and I had to e-mail them about it. They sent out replacements in a couple of weeks and said I could keep the 2 that did ship originally.
Old 03-22-06, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mbs
I wonder why they didn't take both. Or just gank the package.

Either way, CH will replace it. Tell them the package arrived missing the selection. You won't even have to wait thirty days.
Thieves are apparently picky in what they take. Last month I had a 4-DVD farscape set stolen from my mail because the package could be easily opened and re-closed. I had 4 CH shipments waiting there on the same day that weren't touched, because those are too tough to open and re-close. You'd think they'd just take the package, but they want to see what they're getting first. Even thieves have standards...
Old 03-22-06, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Legolas
One time, I received a box that was completely empty. It didn't look tampered with, so it seemed like CH just sealed it up and shipped it out empty.
Similar thing happened to me. I got a package with a DVD case inside, but it wasn't sealed and there was no DVD inside. But there was no way anyone tampered with that package...
Old 03-23-06, 12:54 AM
Banned

^ Maybe I should've been clearer. I didn't even get the DVD case. The cardboard mailing box was empty. I did get a receipt of my bill, but was nothing else inside.
Old 03-24-06, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by Legolas
^ Maybe I should've been clearer. I didn't even get the DVD case. The cardboard mailing box was empty. I did get a receipt of my bill, but was nothing else inside.
Happended to me once, mail person took one DVD but left the other (it was a 2 DVd shipping box) & the bill.

CH did send replacement though.
Old 03-25-06, 07:39 AM

Ive told this story before on this forum ...but like 10 years ago, back in my CH / BMG CD Club days, my orders started dissapearing for a couple months. I was getting bills, no CD's. Both BMG and CH would re-ship, and I STILL wasnt getting the deliveries.
One day, I go to the grocery store down the street and notice this damn store is selling CD's for $10 a pop. Coicedently, many of the CD's I had ordered ! When I noticed two copies of this sound effects CD I had ordered, that put the icing on the cake.
I went to the postal police and the mailman lost his job for stealing the packages and selling them to the grocery store.