Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains > DVD Clubs
Reload this Page >

Have fufilled but final order in "pending" state is it safe to close?

Community
Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-06, 07:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have currently have 2 accounts open and am trying to close 1 out in order to hopefully get another one activated prior to the 24th. Time is running out and the account I want to close is ready, i.e., I recently fulfilled with a B2G2 purchase but all the DVDs in the order show as "pending" status on the order history screen. I am gunshy to close the account without CH actually shipping the DVDs. When do you all normally close an account? In the past I have waited until I have had all the DVDs in my hands.

My other account is just about straightened out. I used my raincheck for Scarface to pick up Batman Begins DE and the CS said they would "rush that to me for no extra charge". Yeah right... I'll be lucky if I see it sometime next week. I plan on doing a B2G2 fulfillment tonight on this account just to get it out of the way now that I should be good for my enrollment selections - even though 2 are still on the way (Beautiful Mind Awards Edition was out of stock when they shipped the initial group but according to a CS they shipped one to me on the 13th).

By the way the CS I spoke to tonight told me that they only have Scarface AE in fullscreen.
Old 03-16-06, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I wouldn't close until you get charged for it - if you really MUST close.

Otherwise, I'd play it safe & not close it until you receive the order & everything is OK with it.
Old 03-17-06, 04:03 AM
Banned

I wouldn't close your account until you've gotten the dvd in hand. Their CSRs can be a pain in the ass (and completely oblivious to their own policies) if you needed them to correct something.
Old 03-17-06, 04:12 AM

They won't close the account until the order has been processed.
Old 03-18-06, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The DVD has to be in my hand. Not just the case - the DVD inside.

I'm nervy about online orders, and I have to make sure they've fulfilled their part of the bargain first.
Old 03-18-06, 05:30 PM

I've never hesitated to close an account as soon as possible. If there is a problem, the CSR can just reopen the account, make the correction and then close it again. It makes very little difference on CH's side. I've had to do this with damaged DVD's before, and there has never been a glitch.
Old 03-19-06, 11:52 AM

All,

Thanks for the input. Given the amount of time left prior to the end of the current B1G1 deals I doubt I'll get another account open now anyway so I will just sit tight until I have DVDs in hand from both my current accounts. At least we all now know based on viking99's input that if something goes wrong on a closed account that a CSR can reopen it, straighten things out, and then close it again.