Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains > DVD Clubs
Reload this Page >

What if you don't want CH mailing the directors choice?

Community
Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-06, 04:16 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was reading my membership agreement, and I don't want the following. Is there an option in the on-line account to decline the directors choice?

Please note that if you don't decline your Director's Selection or choose an alternate by the specified date the title will automatically be shipped to you and standard shipping and processing of $2.99 will be applied.
Old 03-15-06, 05:13 PM

I'm not sure if this still works, but this is from the Columbia House DVD Club FAQ thread.

After you sign up, wait for your package, then call them back at 888-CHC-DVDS (888-242-3837), press "3" to speak to a CSR, tell them your account number, and ask to become a "Preferred Member" so you don't automatically receive the Director's Selection DVD every month. To cancel your account after you've fulfilled your enrollment agreement, simply call the 888 number and press "3" to speak to a CSR, and tell them you want to cancel. It is as simple as that.
Old 03-16-06, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^It is pretty hard to get Columbia House to eliminate Director's Selections from one's account entirely, although some have been able to do it by saying that they travel a lot and might not be able to respond in time. I would guess that the DS is a major profit maker for CH.

However, it is very simple to decline the current Director's Selection in one's on-line account. Just be sure to check your account(s) every couple of weeks and decline any DS that appears.

Or just cancel the account as soon as it has been fulfilled, making the question of declining Director's Selections moot.
Old 03-16-06, 12:32 PM

once you fufill your account, you can call them and ask them to stop directors selections... there will be no problem.
Old 03-16-06, 12:53 PM
mbs
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JoN8282
once you fufill your account, you can call them and ask them to stop directors selections... there will be no problem.
Yep. If you keep an account open, this works well. Although probably better to just close and re-open a new one.

It's difficult (if not impossible) to get them to stop director's selections on a non-fulfilled account.