DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

New phone bypass?

Old 03-13-06, 09:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New phone bypass?

Hi - the old thread of how to reach a CSR (by wolf I believe) does not work anymore - b/c options have changed.
Does anyone know what number to call and what number/choice sequence to press in order to TRY to get a CSR who will track down an online application status?
Old 03-13-06, 09:51 AM
mbs
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Use the information at the top of the first post in the Wolff Husky bypass. It still works, unless they changed something today.
Old 03-13-06, 11:15 AM

It still works, I use it all the time. You've been posting tons of threads worrying about your account approval....Sit back and relax man, let it ride out, it's only a DVD club.
Old 03-13-06, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by joshtown
It still works, I use it all the time. You've been posting tons of threads worrying about your account approval....Sit back and relax man, let it ride out, it's only a DVD club.
Joshtown, Thank you for your concern. However - I find it odd coming from someone who has posted 187 messages on a DVD forum since December 15th.
Old 03-13-06, 11:45 AM
mbs

Originally Posted by mulderxcoltrane
Joshtown, Thank you for your concern. However - I find it odd coming from someone who has posted 187 messages on a DVD forum since December 15th.
In some ways, his point is a good one. Not saying anything about anyone in particular, but if a person is anal or one compulsive about knowing what is going on with their membership, CH is probably not a good fit. Understanding CH's madness is next to impossible.

CH has screwed up (sometimes majorly) about 1 in 5 accounts that I have had. It's not a straightforward and painless process, but it's worth it for the ~$5 DVDs.

It is definately a good idea to exercise patience with CH. Or else you'll go crazy trying to figure out why they do the things they do.
Old 03-13-06, 12:34 PM

Do your math, that's about 2 posts a day, and considering I'm a regular on the DVD Trading forum, I see nothing wrong with that. Come to think of it, I see no reason to defend the fact that I enjoy many aspects of this forum.
Listen, I'm just saying to have some patience. You've posted questions on pretty much every single aspect of Columbia House, constantly worrying about every step of the process. There are plenty of threads to help your needs on here. Just give the club some time. It works differently for everyone. Good Luck!
Old 03-13-06, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by joshtown
Do your math, that's about 2 posts a day, and considering I'm a regular on the DVD Trading forum, I see nothing wrong with that. Come to think of it, I see no reason to defend the fact that I enjoy many aspects of this forum.
Listen, I'm just saying to have some patience. You've posted questions on pretty much every single aspect of Columbia House, constantly worrying about every step of the process. There are plenty of threads to help your needs on here. Just give the club some time. It works differently for everyone. Good Luck!
I know it takes time - but I was hoping to use them for work purposes - so was hoping to speed up the process. Thanks for wishing me luck - apparently I'll need it.
Old 03-13-06, 04:21 PM
mbs

I was hoping to use them for work purposes
I'm curious... What work purpose does CH serve?
Old 03-13-06, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by mbs
I'm curious... What work purpose does CH serve?
I teach at the collegiate level and I use movies to help my students apply the course concepts.
Old 03-13-06, 05:20 PM
mbs

I teach at the collegiate level and I use movies to help my students apply the course concepts.
Cool. Tax deductible movies sounds like a plan. I just need to figure out how to make my collection apply to my work. Hmm...
Old 03-13-06, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by mbs
Cool. Tax deductible movies sounds like a plan. I just need to figure out how to make my collection apply to my work. Hmm...
Problem is -as cheap as they are - I'm a long way from a deduction - but I still use them because they really seem to help the students with soak in the course material.