Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains > DVD Clubs
Reload this Page >

Why do my on-line CH orders just disappear?

Community
Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-06, 10:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an account with Columbia House, which worked fine. Then one day my ability to place an on-line order went banannas. I can put items in my cart and go through the checkout process and even get a receipt. However, the order then shows up on CH's website as "to be assigned" with **** appearing next to prices and item #'s. Then after a day or two the order just disappears completely. I tried talking to CH customer service about this, but they have done nothing. I tried clearing out cookies and even tried ordering from a different computer but the result was the same.

Finally, I just opened a new account. my initial subscription processed ok, but sure enough the first time I place an order, the order processes, and I even got an order confirmation, but the order just shows up as "to be assigned" on the web site (three days after having been placed).

Has anyone ever had this problem? Or have any insight into what may be causing it?
Old 03-10-06, 10:45 AM

That happened the last couple of fulfillment orders I submitted. After a day or two, a new order gets created with the same DVDs and the old "pending" order eventually goes away. Just make sure the webdvd discount gets carried over to the new order.
Old 03-10-06, 10:56 AM

I have has this happen to me about 5 times now. In my case a new order never gets created and CH customer service just says they have no record of the order. (My only option is to order via phone every time, which is not acceptable.)

This last time though, I even got an e-mail confirmation from them with the items listed, but sure enough there was no order # or prices listed in the e-mail confirmation.