Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains > DVD Clubs
Reload this Page >

CC shows pending charge for the correct amount. Did I get approved?

DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Old 03-07-06, 11:03 AM

I placed an order on the 3rd using a 7:2 w/CC which totaled up $12.89. I checked my bank account today and noticed there was a pending charge for $12.98 that was charged on the same day I applied, the 3rd. Does this mean I got approved and my package has not gotten shipped or does it simply mean nothing and this sort of thing happens to everybody who applies using CC? The main reason I want to know is so I can open an another account to take advantage of the B1G1F sale before its to late.
Old 03-07-06, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Pending charges always show up immediately for me. After about 2-5 days they'll either expire(not approved) be completed(approved). If it is approved, they will have shipped from the day or day after you placed the order.
Old 03-07-06, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by John Galt
Pending charges always show up immediately for me. After about 2-5 days they'll either expire(not approved) be completed(approved). If it is approved, they will have shipped from the day or day after you placed the order.
I was approved on February 15 and they have yet to ship my enrollment. It is still pending under the order status.
Old 03-07-06, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I notice you're in TX. They are still charging sales tax here, AFAIK. When I signed up, I saw the amount pending immediately (less the sales tax, 8.25%). After a few days, I noticed the amount increased by the tax and it totaled, $13.95. That's how I knew I was approved. TV Club = $10.77.
Old 03-07-06, 08:38 PM

Yep, same thing here. I'm in Los Angeles, therefore when I apply online for a new account the pending charge immediately hits my account ($12.89 w/o tax). After a day it drops off and reappears 3 days (usually) later as a posted item ($13.82 after tax - 7.25%). When I see that $13.82 charge show up I know I need to call CH up and get my account number. To hell with waiting for the enrollment package to arrive.
Old 03-07-06, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

They seem to be skipping the "welcome to the club!" emails. I signed up on March 1, imediately got the "thank you for your application" email, saw the correct amount posted to my CC two days later, and received my enrollment package today.
Old 03-07-06, 11:00 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by The_Cube
I was approved on February 15 and they have yet to ship my enrollment. It is still pending under the order status.
doesn't mean anything, I got an account open, got my enrollment package, fullfilled the account, got that shipment and the original enrollment item is still listed as pending, heh
Old 03-13-06, 01:37 PM

It's been exaclty 10 days since there was a pending charge in my account and the pending charge is still showing up. I have yet to recieve a package or welcome letter. What does this mean?
Old 03-14-06, 01:20 AM

It depends on your financial institution. But a pending charging should have posted after 10 days. Usually a temp charge is something that drops off later to be replaced by a posted (settled) charge. It's similar to a restaurant will authorize the bill + 20% immediately, then a day or two later the charge adjusts and posts (settles) to your account.
Old 03-21-06, 01:25 PM
Cool New Member

I live in TX and have got a temp charge on my CC for 13.95. Can I call in with a cancelled account number to get my new account number?
Old 03-22-06, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by kalaharibushman
I live in TX and have got a temp charge on my CC for 13.95. Can I call in with a cancelled account number to get my new account number?
It would probably be best to wait until the temp charge becomes real. But yes, you can call in, using your old accoutn number, and ask the CSR to see if he or she can find your new membership account number. If the first CSR isn't cooperative, call back and try again.