Reload this Page >

Columbia House Phone Number Live Person

DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Old 03-07-06, 08:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,

I've read many posts on the internet concerning frustrations with trying to talk to a live person at Columbia House and I soon found I am not alone. I got a kick out of reading peoples' way to work through the automated systems to talk to a live body by knwoing what menu options to select. It sounds like Columbia House changes their options on a a regular basis probably for this reason.

My quesiton is this, does anyone have any CURRENT phone info they know works for talking to a live person? I am trying to fulfill my membership obligation but since it just came due they have cancelled my account and I can't get back into their website to view prices and make sure I purchase my last movie at regular price (they all show at $0.49 for new members). This company is very frustrating to deal with.

Any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Tracy
Old 03-07-06, 08:58 AM

This has worked for me. Call:
800-262-2001

And make the selections as if you want to cancel your account. I've gotten real people fairly quickly.
Old 03-07-06, 09:13 AM

My account reached the end of the term so in a sense the account has already been cancelled. I would like to talk to a person and through the number 800-262-2001, I can't seem to get a live attendant.
Old 03-07-06, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Assuming you know your account number, you ought to be able to get through the phone tree with it even though it is cancelled.

IIRC, choose 1 for English, then choose 1 "to place an order" (whether you want to or not). Then enter your account number at the prompt. As of a couple of weeks ago this got me to a live CSR in short order.
Old 03-07-06, 01:51 PM

After entering my account number, it goes into another series of menu options. Do you remember what you selected?
Old 03-07-06, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Whatever happened to the WOlfHusky bypass?
Old 03-07-06, 02:44 PM
mbs
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Daniel-A
Whatever happened to the WOlfHusky bypass?
It still works. Or at least the modification to it works (the first post in that thread has the information at the top).
Old 03-08-06, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by tpitz
After entering my account number, it goes into another series of menu options. Do you remember what you selected?
Try 0. (From The Wolf Husky Phone Bypass thread.)

If it works please report back and say so.

Press 1 (English)
Press 1
Enter account number
Press 0
Old 03-10-06, 10:31 AM

I just tried that sequence and I got to a live operator (I needed to report an error on the price of an order I had submitted). Thanks.
Old 03-10-06, 11:11 AM
mbs

Originally Posted by lizard
Try 0. (From The Wolf Husky Phone Bypass thread.)

If it works please report back and say so.

Press 1 (English)
Press 1
Enter account number
Press 0
This definately still works. I use it for my nearly weekly CH call to correct their latest screw up.
Old 03-10-06, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

^Thank you Marvin and mbs.
Old 03-20-06, 03:28 PM

This sequence is not working for me. I am dialing, 800-262-2001 then 1,1,account #, 0.

When I enter the final 0, it tells me that it is an invalid options. After the second time, it tells me to either call back or go online.

Could it be because I have reached the end of my contract term? I wouldn't think that it would matter.

I would appreciate any suggestions. I have emailed them a number of times but continue to get their canned replies.

Thank you,
Tracy
Old 03-20-06, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by tpitz

When I enter the final 0, it tells me that it is an invalid options. After the second time, it tells me to either call back or go online.
Are you waiting a moment before hitting the final 0. After you enter your account number you should hear a sale pitch or somehting again. Thats when I hit the final 0 and it pretty much cuts them off the pitch and gets you right into the que. I've used this several times last week and in the previous months and never waited more than a moment or two.
Old 03-20-06, 04:44 PM
mbs

Originally Posted by Erreth
Are you waiting a moment before hitting the final 0. After you enter your account number you should hear a sale pitch or somehting again. Thats when I hit the final 0 and it pretty much cuts them off the pitch and gets you right into the que. I've used this several times last week and in the previous months and never waited more than a moment or two.
Yeah, it definately still works (I just tried for fun). Like Erreth said, make sure you wait for the next prompt before hitting the next number.

I imagine by inputting all that at once, you'd have quite a mess.
Old 03-30-06, 10:08 AM

You want to place into the system you are going to order or that you are going to cancel. If you a BAD mamber do not put your account number in, if you do you will never get to talk to a person, or you will get a non-US rep!
Old 04-11-06, 08:13 AM
dxx
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by mbs
This definately still works. I use it for my nearly weekly CH call to correct their latest screw up.
I tried this method several times, with 2 different account numbers but it did not work from my cell phone. Then I tried it from a land line and it went through.

DXX
Old 04-11-06, 07:58 PM

Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. You don't always get that sales pitch after entering your account number. Sometimes it goes right to asking for an online code. I tried it and had to call back twice before I got the blurb after entering my account number.

xpfshost
Old 06-19-06, 04:54 PM

The phone bypass did not work for me. When trying to press 0 - it told me "sorry you're having trouble." When I called bac and tried to cancel - it had me do it automated - no live person.
Old 06-20-06, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by warner1108
The phone bypass did not work for me. When trying to press 0 - it told me "sorry you're having trouble." When I called bac and tried to cancel - it had me do it automated - no live person.
You are not alone.

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=462284
Old 06-21-06, 09:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

If you're REALLY desperate, you could try the "out-sourced #" - 1-888-467-7404. Since they can't do as much for you, you'd have to be really desparate.

Pretty sad that CH appears to be doing away with its US based CS dept.
Old 06-22-06, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

^I don't know about that. The last two CSRs I spoke with, the week before last, sounded like Americans. Haven't had an outsourced CSR recently.

I don't know why some have difficulty in reaching Columbia House CSRs when I don't. I use a different number (800-667-0364) but since the main phone numbers all go to the same phone tree, it shouldn't matter. Maybe it is time of the day or phase of the moon or something.

Last edited by lizard; 06-22-06 at 01:19 PM.
Old 07-17-06, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, this worked for me once, but not today, despite many attempts (I'm on a land line).

Would sure like to get cancelled and re-sign up without having to wait for an email reply...any new tricks?
Old 07-18-06, 09:03 AM

No more live CSR's

I've been fruitlessly trying a bunch of times yesterday (Monday) and this morning to reach a CSR live on the phone.

It seems like they are only doing customer service by e-mail now.

If anyone reached a human being in the last two days I'd love to know how.
Old 07-18-06, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 307 Likes on 229 Posts
FTMF!!!! It's like there trying to avoid their customers. I have never believed in using email as the only way to provide customer service/support. I've tried several times today to reach CH and its always automated only or their machines dont even pick up the phone call. WTF???
Old 07-19-06, 06:18 AM

Wasted 45 minutes yesterday trying to get a live CSR because they sent me a wrong selection in an intro package. Nothing worked - and I tried everything. I finally tried to get a rep by hitting the cancel membership option and it looks like my membership was actually cancelled via the phone menu without even speaking to a rep (the account commitment was fulfilled) - a first for me. I haven't gotten a cancellation email yet so I'll believe the cancellation when I see it. I don't know what to thinK about not being able to speak to a rep but it ain't good.

Next time I'll try the new member line just to speak to someone. Has anyone tried that?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.