Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Approval troubles

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-06, 05:38 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Approval troubles

Applied Feb. 24 with k7l. No word back. What can I/should I do? Thanks for any help.
Old 03-03-06, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts
I don't know if it's just me, but I tried K7L two times and didn't get accepted, but I've gotten accepted for every attempt at a 1KJ. So, maybe the answer is to try with a different code? A little more per disc average, but that's better than nothing, right?
Old 03-03-06, 06:14 PM
Cool New Member

so there is a good chance that I won't get an acceptance in a few days. I don't really want two copies of those dvds.
Old 03-04-06, 06:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I applied in late february with K7l. I never heard anything either, but I did contact them and I was accepted. I have not recieved any discs yet however. I would give it another week or two.
Old 03-04-06, 06:47 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

i tried k7l twice, i got my dvds once and received a letter after about a month the second time saying thanks for the application but get lost. it seems k7l is the most difficult code to get approved with.
Old 03-04-06, 06:48 AM

I used K7L on the 1st and it went thru fine. Why not give them a call at the customer service number and see what they say?
Old 03-04-06, 10:56 AM

It seems like,to me anyways,that they are approving slower right now than before.The last 3 or 4 I done I received my approval email in 2 or 3 days,but after the new b1g1 codes were announced I submitted an app for the TV Club and the regular DVD Club last wekend and just today I noticed my credit card was finally charged for the DVD Club app,so about 7 days this time,and still haven't heard anything about the TV Club.I wonder if they are approving them slowly right now because of the new b1g1 codes?
Old 03-04-06, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts
I've applied 4 times in the last month or two with 4 different codes, and got no response of any kind with any of them. The only app to get approved this year was the "surprise" one from October that popped up in January.
Old 03-04-06, 12:41 PM
Cool New Member

I called and they said give it another week.
Old 03-04-06, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've had previous enrollments this year (early and late January) go through in 3 days. 3 different enrollments from early Feb. have yielded no response whatsoever, and one of these was from my own mailing, including a PSN and CC#. I'm at a loss.
Old 03-04-06, 06:26 PM
Cool New Member

So is there any chance that they will get back to me next week?
Old 03-04-06, 07:29 PM

I too have had issues over the past month. I submitted two accounts using code 1KK and two others using a PSN and code DR5 and they allhave just disappeared into limbo. I contacted CH on all of these and was told there was a tranmission error and to resubmit. I just moved to this address and I have only had two accounts which I opened and closed without issue. I did however try using my parents address as I have some mail that goes there and that one just went through as of today about three days after submitting. I can't see how I can be blacklisted after only two accounts at this address so hopefully they are actually having transmission errors or whatever.
Old 03-05-06, 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by MichaelMeyers
I too have had issues over the past month. I submitted two accounts using code 1KK and two others using a PSN and code DR5 and they allhave just disappeared into limbo. I contacted CH on all of these and was told there was a tranmission error and to resubmit.

I've been having the same problem with their "transmission errors" lately. I've had 4 applications get lost in about as many weeks. I used different codes each time. I finally applied via phone just the other day and I'm waiting to hear back from that one.
Old 03-05-06, 07:27 AM

I had accounts approved on 1/16 and 2/4, but nothing since. I re-applied for the TV club on 2/25, and my CC has a $1.00 pending charge from CH for that day, but I've not received the discs or an approval email. I have a few things I want to get with the B1G1 codes, so I'm hoping something goes through soon.
Old 03-05-06, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SLeopold
I had accounts approved on 1/16 and 2/4, but nothing since. I re-applied for the TV club on 2/25, and my CC has a $1.00 pending charge from CH for that day, but I've not received the discs or an approval email. I have a few things I want to get with the B1G1 codes, so I'm hoping something goes through soon.
The $1 temp charge is just a credit card test. Until/unless you see a charge for the correct amount you probably haven't been approved.
Originally Posted by Spez
I've been having the same problem with their "transmission errors" lately. I've had 4 applications get lost in about as many weeks. I used different codes each time. I finally applied via phone just the other day and I'm waiting to hear back from that one.
You aren't likely to get an e-mail acceptance for a phone application. You should see a charge on your credit card for the correct amount or you should just receive your enrollment package.

Delays in approval may be due to an enrollment title being out of stock. In such cases the application may be held up for a few days. Or the application may be turned down. In that case it usually just disappears without a trace. But sometimes one gets a denial letter in a few weeks.

"Transmission error" is just an excuse. In fact, the lost applications were not processed or accepted for some reason. Why some applications are accepted and others "lost" remains a mystery, although it does appear to have something to do with one's history with Columbia House.

In the past, phone applications had a much higher acceptance rate than did on-line applications, from the reports here.
Old 03-05-06, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by kalaharibushman
So is there any chance that they will get back to me next week?
They probably won't get back to you at all. If you get accepted you will likely just get the enrollment package. Try calling them again in a few days. A different CSR might be able to track down the application.

If there are other DVDs you want, you might try re-applying using a different code and different DVD titles. You could phone in the new application (888-242-3837). It has been reported that K7L is not accepted on the phone, but LMT (a 7:2 code) does work on the phone, as do many others.
Old 03-05-06, 02:38 PM

Has anyone been able to get accepted with K7L twice? I was able to open an account on-line with K7L but need to open another one soon. I don't know if I should try K7L again or phone in with a different code. There aren't enough DVDs that I want to do both.
Old 03-05-06, 08:51 PM

"Transmission error" is just an excuse. In fact, the lost applications were not processed or accepted for some reason. Why some applications are accepted and others "lost" remains a mystery, although it does appear to have something to do with one's history with Columbia House.

In the past, phone applications had a much higher acceptance rate than did on-line applications, from the reports here.[/QUOTE]

This is just frustrating. I've had two TV clubs and one DVD club in the past. I also have one DVD club open right now. I haven't done anything that would be deserving of a blacklist, so I'm just rather frustrated by the disappearance of EVERY application I send in.
Old 03-06-06, 05:36 AM

The $1 temp charge is just a credit card test. Until/unless you see a charge for the correct amount you probably haven't been approved.
The $1 temp charge is gone, and no other charge has taken its place. I'm planning on cancelling my old DVD account today (21 DVD's for a $4.98 average over the life of the account), then my current TV account as soon as I get my most recent order, to see if that helps me get approved.
Old 03-06-06, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Spez
This is just frustrating. I've had two TV clubs and one DVD club in the past. I also have one DVD club open right now. I haven't done anything that would be deserving of a blacklist, so I'm just rather frustrated by the disappearance of EVERY application I send in.
While it is, indeed, frustrating to have web applications "lost" it has nothing to do with being blacklisted. The criteria used by Columbia House for making decisions on applications are arcane. Former CSR cherrycrusade mentioned some of them in another thread and some were downright weird.
Old 03-06-06, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by lizard
While it is, indeed, frustrating to have web applications "lost" it has nothing to do with being blacklisted. The criteria used by Columbia House for making decisions on applications are arcane. Former CSR cherrycrusade mentioned some of them in another thread and some were downright weird.
Yeah, I think I read some of that. It was stuff like writing in black ink instead of blue on mail in applications. I just don't understand why my first few club applications went through fine and here I am trying to open my third DVD and TV club (with no other accounts open) and my applications keep getting "lost."
Old 03-06-06, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've tried submitting two applications on the Web ---- no email confirmation. I got a reply back from customer service and he said they have no record of my transmission.
Old 03-07-06, 07:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I applied on March 1, and received an immediate "thank you for your appplication" email. Since then, I have heard nothing, but my Visa card now shows a March 2 charge in the amount of the enrollment package - so hopefully a package will arrive reasonably soon, even if an email doesn't.
Old 03-07-06, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by marty888
I applied on March 1, and received an immediate "thank you for your appplication" email. Since then, I have heard nothing, but my Visa card now shows a March 2 charge in the amount of the enrollment package - so hopefully a package will arrive reasonably soon, even if an email doesn't.
I'd count on it. I applied Feb 27, Visa charged 2 Mar and intro package arrived yesterday. Never got a "welcome" mail. I usually do but not this time. Perhaps a system glitch.
Old 03-07-06, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
I have finally gotten approved again... two apps - one by phone and one by web... both showing charges in the correct amount.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.