Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains > DVD Clubs
Reload this Page >

Naked Gun Set can't count as fulfillment??

Community
Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-06, 09:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, I'm trying to use the B2G2 code and buy the Naked Gun DVD Set ($22.95) and the Ben Stiller Show ($20.21) and get 2 DVDs free. But the price of Naked Gun in my cart is "Special Club Price" of $17.21.

When I try the "Choose How Many" to add 1 more title towards my commitment, it gives me the confirmation:

"You have added 1 more dvd towards your commitment. You are one step closer to fulfilling your commitment and becoming a preferred member!"

BUT it does not update my cart at all. Naked Gun is still $17.21 and Ben Stiller is the only guy counting towards the commitment...

It's frustrating. Is Naked Gun intentionally un-fulfillable??
Old 02-25-06, 10:29 AM

It won't work. CH's "special club price" system has been confused for awhile. The "real" price is what shows up in the cart. Usually, this is a good thing (i.e. $39.95 sets really cost $29.95); but as in the case you're dealing with, it works to your disadvantage. The same thing happens with the Ghostbusters set.
Old 02-25-06, 10:37 AM

Thanks for the info! Good to know it's just a CH anomaly...
Old 02-25-06, 11:49 PM

FYI...the American Pie Set DOES work so that's what I ended up getting. If they won't let me get the Naked Gun Set, I'm still going to get 3-movies for the price of one one way or another!!
Old 02-25-06, 11:53 PM

They werent letting my universal monsters discs count as a fullfillment until I called them. They told me they were on sale and that's why, but I told them the sale price I paid for them is still over the 21.99 lol. She then credited it.
Old 02-25-06, 11:59 PM

The thing with the Naked Gun set is it won't let you buy it for over $20...it's "Special Club Price" of $17.21 no matter what you do. Combined with the fact that it's not available for enrollment, I might as well get it at Wal-mart for $16.88...

I wonder what other sets besides Naked Gun and Ghostbusters fall into this loophole?

Last edited by icecube; 02-26-06 at 12:02 AM.
Old 02-26-06, 07:48 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts
Originally Posted by icecube
The thing with the Naked Gun set is it won't let you buy it for over $20...it's "Special Club Price" of $17.21 no matter what you do. Combined with the fact that it's not available for enrollment, I might as well get it at Wal-mart for $16.88...

I wonder what other sets besides Naked Gun and Ghostbusters fall into this loophole?
Well, if you put the Naked Gun set in your cart with the B1G1 code, you can get a free selection with it, even though you aren't supposed to. So in that case, you can consider that you're getting the free DVD for 33 cents