Community
Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

CH is giving me a free TV Season Set???

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-06, 02:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CH is giving me a free TV Season Set???

I just got my enrollment package yesterday. I used the HDL code and got 2 sets for $9.95 plus tax.

In my welcome packet was a Welcome note and a coupon for a free TV Season Set. It said to make my selection from the enclosed stamp sheet (enrollment titles only) and send back the coupon along with payment for my enrollment selections (which are already paid for). On the coupon it has a little box "My payment is enclosed. Send my FREE TV Season Set now."

Are they really going to send me a free set? Nothing is mentioned about shipping costs.
Old 02-25-06, 07:56 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by ESG927
I just got my enrollment package yesterday. I used the HDL code and got 2 sets for $9.95 plus tax.

In my welcome packet was a Welcome note and a coupon for a free TV Season Set. It said to make my selection from the enclosed stamp sheet (enrollment titles only) and send back the coupon along with payment for my enrollment selections (which are already paid for). On the coupon it has a little box "My payment is enclosed. Send my FREE TV Season Set now."

Are they really going to send me a free set? Nothing is mentioned about shipping costs.
yes. the shipping will be free on that one.
Old 02-25-06, 10:04 AM

Nice, but how did he get the coupon? Slip-up on CH's part?
Old 02-25-06, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I dunno. But you just convinced me to dig through my garbage to find my welcome packet. Nothin in there for me! Mine was also for the TV club with HDL, so I think you just got lucky...
Old 02-25-06, 10:39 PM

Yeah, I didn't think this was a normal deal!

Guess I'll try to send it in and see what happens. Since they seem to be expecting payment, I'll make a copy of my paid invoice to send along.
Old 03-01-06, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah, I didn't think this was a normal deal!

Guess I'll try to send it in and see what happens. Since they seem to be expecting payment, I'll make a copy of my paid invoice to send along.

I got the same coupon in my enrollment package.

Did you send the coupon?
Old 03-01-06, 07:56 PM

Yes, I sent it in Monday 2/27, so obviously no response yet. Since I had paid by credit card for the enrollment, I marked by the "Payment Enclosed" box that it was already paid for.

Just in case it would have been a red flag, I did not include a copy of my invoice that showed I got two TV sets for $9.95 plus tax!
Old 03-24-06, 08:35 AM

Hmmmm, almost a month later and I still don't have the free TV DVD set. I haven't given up hope, but I am a little bit skeptical.

I ordered Quantum Leap S1. I see it's on sale at Circuit City next week but I don't want to risk picking it up, just in case I actually do get it!
Old 03-24-06, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hmmmm, almost a month later and I still don't have the free TV DVD set. I haven't given up hope, but I am a little bit skeptical.

I ordered Quantum Leap S1. I see it's on sale at Circuit City next week but I don't want to risk picking it up, just in case I actually do get it!

I ordered that as an enrollment in the TV club and they were out of stock for a few weeks, I finally got it on Tuesday, probably about a month after I signed up.
Old 03-31-06, 12:23 PM

Yesterday (3/30/06) I got a letter from Columbia House stating that they could not fulfill my certificate order because the items listed below (my two enrollment choices) were sent at no charge as a certificate selection. Huh?

My two enrollment choices were paid for (albeit they didn't cost me much!), and besides that, Columbia House SENT ME the certificate! I'm wasn't trying to pull a scam on them, they offered it to me!

I don't expect it to get anywhere, but I'm going to write them back, stating in a very polite way, why the heck did they send me a certificate for a free set if they didn't intend to honor it? Like I said, I don't expect it to go anywhere. I probably won't even get a response. Then again, maybe something cool will happen and they'll send Quantum Leap S1 to me after all!
Old 04-01-06, 07:33 AM
Cool New Member

Yesterday (3/30/06) I got a letter from Columbia House stating that they could not fulfill my certificate order because the items listed below (my two enrollment choices) were sent at no charge as a certificate selection. Huh?

My two enrollment choices were paid for (albeit they didn't cost me much!), and besides that, Columbia House SENT ME the certificate! I'm wasn't trying to pull a scam on them, they offered it to me!

I don't expect it to get anywhere, but I'm going to write them back, stating in a very polite way, why the heck did they send me a certificate for a free set if they didn't intend to honor it? Like I said, I don't expect it to go anywhere. I probably won't even get a response. Then again, maybe something cool will happen and they'll send Quantum Leap S1 to me after all!

just b/c you have enrollment certs does not mean you get to choose anything you want. you get to pick things in the magazine that do not have an asterick by it. if you do not have a magazine when you call in the place your order have some titles ready and they can tell you whether or not it's up for an enrollment selection.
Old 04-01-06, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by cherrycrusade
just b/c you have enrollment certs does not mean you get to choose anything you want. you get to pick things in the magazine that do not have an asterick by it. if you do not have a magazine when you call in the place your order have some titles ready and they can tell you whether or not it's up for an enrollment selection.
Are there signifigant differences between what's available as enrollment titles on their web site VS what's actually available? May be easier to pretend you're enrolling for a new account.
Old 04-01-06, 10:33 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by richard98
Are there signifigant differences between what's available as enrollment titles on their web site VS what's actually available? May be easier to pretend you're enrolling for a new account.
Yes. For instance, I Love Lucy..you can only get the first 2 seasons with the enrollment (I don't believe the 3rd one is available for enrollment yet). It just really depends on what the title is.