DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

New Sale - B1G1 free is back!!!

Old 04-12-06, 11:16 PM
  #351  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Downriver, Michigan
Posts: 352
I got that email too, but it works for me:




Try clearing out your cookies and click it again.
sailor_moon is offline  
Old 04-13-06, 12:24 AM
  #352  
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Oxnard, California
Posts: 50
Still not working. Didn't clear my cookies but deleted my cache, and tried in both IE and Firefox. No go. Since I opened another account, this account has been behaving erratically on the web. No problem - don't need or want any DVDs now anyway.
Kavalier is offline  
Old 04-13-06, 03:31 AM
  #353  
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 231
Originally Posted by Kavalier
Still not working. Didn't clear my cookies but deleted my cache, and tried in both IE and Firefox. No go. Since I opened another account, this account has been behaving erratically on the web. No problem - don't need or want any DVDs now anyway.
You don't even need that link. There are better B1G1 codes such as 807747. The one in the link is only buy 1 get 1, but if you enter the code you can buy 2 get 2, B3G3, etc.
Obi-Jon Kenobi is offline  
Old 04-13-06, 08:03 AM
  #354  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 2,813
In essence, it is the same sale. 50% off titles 3,4,5,6 after the initial B1G1 is still B3G3.
thejester is offline  
Old 04-13-06, 11:20 AM
  #355  
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 219
I can't find any B1G1 codes that will give me free shipping, I hope that is not a thing of the past now.
Sandyk67 is offline  
Old 04-13-06, 11:23 AM
  #356  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,804
Are there any half-price codes that will give you the cheaper sets (like Tremors Attack or Final Destination 2-Pack) at 50% off?
leeta is offline  
Old 04-13-06, 02:40 PM
  #357  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
lizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: the Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 7,937
Originally Posted by Sandyk67
I can't find any B1G1 codes that will give me free shipping, I hope that is not a thing of the past now.
The BOGOF codes with free shipping expired last month. Free shipping may well return if you are willing to be patient and wait.
lizard is offline  
Old 04-13-06, 04:19 PM
  #358  
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 219
I am willing to wait on something worth waiting for, thank you.
Sandyk67 is offline  
Old 04-13-06, 07:33 PM
  #359  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 2,116
Originally Posted by leeta
Are there any half-price codes that will give you the cheaper sets (like Tremors Attack or Final Destination 2-Pack) at 50% off?
No, boxsets are not part of any 50% off sales. Most boxsets are usually discounted at 30% off (special price) and sometimes they run 40 or 50% off sales.
sotra is offline  
Old 04-13-06, 09:52 PM
  #360  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 2,813
Originally Posted by sotra
No, boxsets are not part of any 50% off sales. Most boxsets are usually discounted at 30% off (special price) and sometimes they run 40 or 50% off sales.
And, those are usually "UP TO" 40-50% off. That 40-50 doesn't normally apply to every box set title.
thejester is offline  
Old 04-13-06, 09:57 PM
  #361  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,804
Thanks for the info. I guess I'll have to wait for another $19.95 sale like they had recently.
leeta is offline  
Old 04-14-06, 12:43 AM
  #362  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Manzana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Posts: 4,514
After much difficulty, I finally came up enough DVDs to reach $30 to get the $5 webdvd discount. When I had tried before the shipping was 99c each. Well, when I tried it today the shipping was $2.99 + $1.99 each, but today is April 14th and not the 15th.

Did Columbia House decide to jack up the shipping charges a day in advance?

I'm so mad at them now. On Monday night I didn't order because they jacked up the price on my 3rd title. Now that I found some substitute titles 3 days later they jacked up the shipping rates.

Are there any codes that will give B1G1F and 99c shipping for preferred members before the 15th?

I aborted the order because I expected $5 shipping for 5 DVDs rather than $11 shipping. If shipping is really this high no matter what the offer code, I think my days of buying from CH are over.
Manzana is offline  
Old 04-14-06, 10:05 AM
  #363  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Sweet Baby James's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 11,587
Originally Posted by Manzana

Are there any codes that will give B1G1F and 99c shipping for preferred members before the 15th?
After reading your post, I tried the 807748 code to see if I still had preferred shipping. I'm still receiving preferred shipping on all of my fulfilled accounts. Maybe it was a temporary thing. You should delete your CH cookies and give it another go.
Sweet Baby James is offline  
Old 04-14-06, 11:26 AM
  #364  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Manzana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Posts: 4,514
Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
After reading your post, I tried the 807748 code to see if I still had preferred shipping. I'm still receiving preferred shipping on all of my fulfilled accounts. Maybe it was a temporary thing. You should delete your CH cookies and give it another go.
I went into some detail about this in the "end of preferred shipping" thread you're also reading. Today the shipping charges were $4 lower than last night but $2 higher than they should be. I placed the order figuring I can live with the $2 since I got the $5 webdvd discount again.
Manzana is offline  
Old 04-14-06, 03:12 PM
  #365  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Sweet Baby James's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 11,587
Originally Posted by Manzana
I went into some detail about this in the "end of preferred shipping" thread you're also reading. Today the shipping charges were $4 lower than last night but $2 higher than they should be. I placed the order figuring I can live with the $2 since I got the $5 webdvd discount again.
As Obi mentioned in the other thread, the shipping charge is correct. King Kong PD is considered a box set and the preferred shipping charge is $2.99, not $0.99. Last night, they were charging you $5.99 for KKPD and $1.99 for your other title. Now they are charging you $2.99 for KKPD and $0.99 for your other title, which is the correct amount.


EDIT: I'm assuming that KKPD was one of your titles. If not, please disregard.

Last edited by Sweet Baby James; 04-14-06 at 03:21 PM.
Sweet Baby James is offline  
Old 04-19-06, 03:51 PM
  #366  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 305
^ Two more days left of B1G1F - hopefully they'll extend it again.
richard98 is offline  
Old 04-20-06, 01:15 AM
  #367  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: California
Posts: 569
Where do you input the savings code? I'm trying to fullfill the membership requirements, but I can't seem to find the area where to input the code.
EvlAsh is offline  
Old 04-20-06, 01:55 AM
  #368  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,609
Originally Posted by EvlAsh
Where do you input the savings code? I'm trying to fullfill the membership requirements, but I can't seem to find the area where to input the code.
After you login to your account, the 1st page has the default offer banner across the top. Click on the link, "Look for the offer in your mailing" and a pop-up box should appear.
Xbox69 is offline  
Old 04-20-06, 02:46 AM
  #369  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: California
Posts: 569
Thanks!
EvlAsh is offline  
Old 04-21-06, 07:10 AM
  #370  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 2,813
For those that used 806199 code, has your order disappeared from your order history?

Mine was there yesterday, but today is is gone. It was in a "pending" status since I placed the order & hadn't shipped in over a week.
thejester is offline  
Old 04-21-06, 07:22 AM
  #371  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: MN
Posts: 23,936
Originally Posted by thejester
For those that used 806199 code, has your order disappeared from your order history?

Mine was there yesterday, but today is is gone. It was in a "pending" status since I placed the order & hadn't shipped in over a week.
My order from the 14th is still there.
starman9000 is offline  
Old 04-21-06, 09:42 AM
  #372  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,429
I didn't use that code, but, I used another code (which gave me BOGO), from the 15th. It has sat in pending for quite a while, although the amount of the order has cleared my bank. I finally called, yesterday evening, and the guy I spoke to said my order had shipped on the 19th, so the online system must not be updating as it should.
MadonnasManOne is offline  
Old 04-21-06, 01:18 PM
  #373  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Jaymole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: N.Y, N.Y
Posts: 9,199
Every time i have used any of these codes on my order (4 accounts over the past 2 months), the order has disappeared after a few days. I always have to call customer service to re-order over the phone, which is a real hassle as some of the reps aren't very helpful. Don't know why this is happening, maybe because i joined over the phone?
Jaymole is offline  
Old 04-22-06, 10:59 AM
  #374  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: NYC
Posts: 3,192
Looks like the 8077xx codes are finally dead.
illennium is offline  
Old 04-22-06, 11:03 AM
  #375  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Sweet Baby James's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 11,587
Originally Posted by illennium
Looks like the 8077xx codes are finally dead.


Hopefully they will put out some new codes with free shipping.
Sweet Baby James is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.