DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

New Sale - B1G1 free is back!!!

Old 04-07-06, 01:13 AM

does 807748 (or 807749) include free shipping? Everytime I try to place an order, there's always a shipping charge

Last edited by canucker45; 04-07-06 at 01:16 AM.
Old 04-07-06, 01:23 AM

Originally Posted by canucker45
does 807748 (or 807749) include free shipping? Everytime I try to place an order, there's always a shipping charge
I just placed an order earlier today with 807748 and it qualified for free shipping.
Old 04-07-06, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by canucker45
Fuckers! It looks like they are now applying shipping charges. I should have made my order yesterday.

EDIT: I was just kidding about being mad at CH for ending the free shipping. I'm actually pissed at myself for dawdling and not placing my order earlier.

Last edited by Sweet Baby James; 04-08-06 at 12:31 PM.
Old 04-07-06, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
Fuckers! It looks like they are now applying shipping charges. I should have made my order yesterday.
What a rip. I am glad I placed a few orders while the shipping was free.
Old 04-07-06, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

punks! It looks like they are now applying shipping charges. I should have made my order yesterday.
That stinks, I just signed up again. No more boxset purchases on this sale, and no more tacking on cheap 4.95 dvds.
Old 04-07-06, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I was about to ask if the King Kong Production Diaries price will likely stay at $17.21 through Tuesday (there's nothing else I want at CH until Tuesday), but now that they've tacked on shipping charges I'm not sure if I want to order it through CH vs. Amazon. I just did a test order and shipping fees showed up. I also found that even though the Production Diaries regular price is $22.95, then 1 currently available title I wanted at $22.95 wouldn't show up free... only $21.95 and less titles worked.

Good old CH... between not carrying Fox and Disney (which are the DVDs I want the most), now adding shipping charges to this code, and then taking away preferred member shipping, I'm *really* pleased with them lately.
Old 04-07-06, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

It looks like the reg price for the Production Diaries is $22.90 in my account, maybe that is causing the problems for you.
Old 04-07-06, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Manzana
I also found that even though the Production Diaries regular price is $22.95, then 1 currently available title I wanted at $22.95 wouldn't show up free... only $21.95 and less titles worked.
You need to place the $22.95 title into your cart first and then the KKPD second. The $22.95 title should show up for free. If you place the KKPD into the cart first, then the $22.95 title will show as full price.
Old 04-07-06, 11:57 AM

You need to place the $22.95 title into your cart first and then the KKPD second. The $22.95 title should show up for free. If you place the KKPD into the cart first, then the $22.95 title will show as full price.
That worked! Thanks. Now I'm struggling to find a $13+ title to go over $30 for the $5 webdvd discount which makes up for the shipping they are now charging. Unfortunately I've got to go to work now, so it looks like I'll have to continue this tonight. I have so many titles on my preorder want list, and CH does not carry a single one of them. As usual, they are all Fox and Disney titles except 16 Blocks and Dirty Dozen SE, neither of which show up yet. I might find it impossible to find a 3rd title at CH I want. Actually, I need 4 titles because the 3rd will let me get another free. Aargh!

Does anyone have a guess how long the King Kong Production Diary price will stay the same at CH (or Amazon)?
Old 04-08-06, 11:52 AM
Cool New Member

Has any1 seen any BoGo codes with free shipping? they are trying to screw us.
Old 04-08-06, 12:18 PM

Jeez the sale ends for a few days and now they are screwing us. Everything is still very cheap and sometimes these sales don't come around for weeks or months so no need to get worked up over it. Just order it or wait for another code. I'm gonna wait.
Old 04-09-06, 11:38 PM

I thought I would also add this info under this thread: The code 806199 seems to be taking 50% off of everything. Shipping still exists. The good part is you don't have to buy expensive titles (19.95 and up) to get the equivalent deal as the BOGO codes. A whole bunch of MGM titles are only $4 a piece with this method.
Old 04-09-06, 11:39 PM
mbs
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by drpie
I thought I would also add this info under this thread: The code 806199 seems to be taking 50% off of everything.
It doesn't take 50% off box sets (or anything with a special club price), unfortunately.
Old 04-10-06, 12:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

thanks drpie. Some $17.50 criterions will be nice after the 50% code.
Old 04-11-06, 01:31 AM

I ran out of time this morning (thanks to having to go to work as always) trying to find a $19.95 title I wanted to pair with Mission Impossible being released on Tuesday. By the time I got home it was about 10 PM PST on Monday night, and even though Mission Impossible still said Preorder at $16.95, they charged $19.95 in my cart. I guess they go by Indiana time and change the price (but not the item description) promptly at midnight?

Well, I was borderline on the whole order anyway and stretching to come up with a single currently available $19.95 or $14.95 I even remotely wanted. Adding in shipping was bad enough, but their tacking on an extra $3 decided it for me... I'll just get the Jackson Diaries for $14.99 from Amazon someday and I'll forget the rest.

I don't know how the rest of you are able to find things you want to order at CH. It's hard for me to find very many titles I've heard of, and even harder to find one I want. Their 4 page list of preorders is pretty sad (in my opinion).
Old 04-11-06, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I ran out of time this morning (thanks to having to go to work as always) trying to find a $19.95 title I wanted to pair with Mission Impossible being released on Tuesday. By the time I got home it was about 10 PM PST on Monday night, and even though Mission Impossible still said Preorder at $16.95, they charged $19.95 in my cart. I guess they go by Indiana time and change the price (but not the item description) promptly at midnight?

Well, I was borderline on the whole order anyway and stretching to come up with a single currently available $19.95 or $14.95 I even remotely wanted. Adding in shipping was bad enough, but their tacking on an extra $3 decided it for me... I'll just get the Jackson Diaries for $14.99 from Amazon someday and I'll forget the rest.

I don't know how the rest of you are able to find things you want to order at CH. It's hard for me to find very many titles I've heard of, and even harder to find one I want. Their 4 page list of preorders is pretty sad (in my opinion).
I would reccomend the special edition of Event Horizon that streets next Tuesday. You can pre-order it for $16.95 and take Mission:Impossible as the freebie. If you order it on a fulfilled account, the shipping will be $1.98(remember that CH is doing away with preferred shipping on April 15). Also, if you received the 10% off anniversary e-mail, click through the e-mail link. Once you're on the site, enter the 807748 code. This should take an additional $1.70 off of your order.
Old 04-11-06, 10:43 AM

Sweet Baby James, thanks for the suggestion. I scoured the preorders and there weren't any I wanted (I disliked Event Horizon and wouldn't take it for any price).

I did use another code (50% everything with no full price item) + $5 webdvd discount to order 7 DVDs - $7.95 ($3.98) and $9.95 ($4.98). It worked out to about $4.90 each on average after 99c shipping, or nearly the same I would pay if I waited for DDD's 20% off sale at their current prices.

I didn't receive any 10% off anniversary mail. There's probably a thread about that, but I must've missed it. I wonder if I could've also used that code... bummer. Right now the only CH titles I want are the King Kong Production Diaries, 1 $22.95 DVD for free to go with it, and the new Mission Impossible. Maybe some new titles will appear before the B1G1F code is dead. If not, the production diaries are ordered for $14.99 at Amazon. I just hope that Amazon doesn't decide to ship it by itself before the other preorders are released in case I want to cancel. Amazon usually doesn't, but once or twice they did (they probably thought they were doing me a favor shipping something separate for free) when in fact they screwed up my plans doing that.
Old 04-11-06, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Sweet Baby James, thanks for the suggestion. I scoured the preorders and there weren't any I wanted (I disliked Event Horizon and wouldn't take it for any price).
Ouch! There is a code for the 10% off, but you cannot combine it with the BOGO code. The only way that you can do both is if you received the e-mail. You click the link in the e-mail and you'll be redirected to the site with the 10% off already loaded. Then you enter the BOGO code and you'll get both deals. I have no idea what movies that you're into or what you already have, but here are a few suggestions, all priced at $19.95-

High Tension Unrated
Zombie
Exorcism of Emily Rose Unrated
Producers Deluxe Edition
Snatch Deluxe Edition
Brokeback Mountain Widescreen
Knight's Tale Extended Version
Top Gun
Gone With the Wind 2 disc SE
Interpreter
Adventures of Sherlock Holmes(Basil Rathbone)
Four Weddings and a Funeral Deluxe Edition
Various Hitchcock movies(Rear Window, Vertigo, Psycho, etc).

I believe that all of these titles are available as enrollment selections with the exception of Brokeback Mountain. Hopefully one of these titles will float your boat.
Old 04-11-06, 10:34 PM

There is a code for the 10% off, but you cannot combine it with the BOGO code. The only way that you can do both is if you received the e-mail. You click the link in the e-mail and you'll be redirected to the site with the 10% off already loaded. Then you enter the BOGO code and you'll get both deals.
Thanks for the additional suggestions. Even though I like some of the movies on your list, the problem is I already have the ones I like, and the rest I know nothing about.

Do you happen to know if the 10% off code would've worked with code 806199 (50% off everything) for people without the 10% off email? Just curious.
Old 04-11-06, 11:33 PM

Thanks for the additional suggestions. Even though I like some of the movies on your list, the problem is I already have the ones I like, and the rest I know nothing about.

Do you happen to know if the 10% off code would've worked with code 806199 (50% off everything) for people without the 10% off email? Just curious.
Yup, it works. Strange though cuz the email I have is over a month old but the link still works.
Old 04-12-06, 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by Obi-Jon Kenobi
Yup, it works. Strange though cuz the email I have is over a month old but the link still works.
From the "List of all offer codes thread", I tried a couple different codes (809276 and 809233) that I thought were supposed to be an extra 10% off. They didn't work for me.

Are you able to get the 10% off the entire order to work in addition to code 806199 WITHOUT using the email link?

I was thinking about ordering a few more DVDs with the 50% off code, so I'd like to know if there's any way I can get the extra 10% off without the email.
Old 04-12-06, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

From the "List of all offer codes thread", I tried a couple different codes (809276 and 809233) that I thought were supposed to be an extra 10% off. They didn't work for me.

Are you able to get the 10% off the entire order to work in addition to code 806199 WITHOUT using the email link?

I was thinking about ordering a few more DVDs with the 50% off code, so I'd like to know if there's any way I can get the extra 10% off without the email.
You need the e-mail link to get the offer combined with another code. If you try to enter 2 different codes, the first one will be negated when you enter the second one. The only way for you to get the 10% on top of the 50% off code is to e-mail CH and tell them that you had the anniversary e-mail, but you accidentally deleted it. It's highly probable that they'll credit your account for the 10%.
Old 04-12-06, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Obi-Jon Kenobi
Lucky you. Mine is only "expired" by 5 days & I can't get it to work at all. Click on the link & no % off is shown in my cart indicating the extra discount.
Old 04-12-06, 10:18 PM

B1G1F April 12 - 13

Has anyone else received an email announcing this? I got it this morning. It says on the upper left corner "Special Preview!". I click on it and it takes me to the web site but there is nothing about the sale there. Maybe the dates are wrong in the email and they recalled it before too many were sent out, because 12 hours later there is no mention of it in this forum.
Old 04-12-06, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by Kavalier
Has anyone else received an email announcing this? I got it this morning. It says on the upper left corner "Special Preview!". I click on it and it takes me to the web site but there is nothing about the sale there. Maybe the dates are wrong in the email and they recalled it before too many were sent out, because 12 hours later there is no mention of it in this forum.
it works fine for me.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.