DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Clubs (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-clubs-13/)
-   -   Receiving movies after cancellation? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-clubs/455507-receiving-movies-after-cancellation.html)

veritas878 02-10-06 04:49 PM

Receiving movies after cancellation?

I cancelled my account about a week ago and just received Wedding Crashers in the mail. However, the weird thing is I already received the copy I originally ordered and paid for it. So is this a duplicate or mistake? I have a "bill me later optiion" so if it was mailed before I canceled wouldn't they of charged me for it? But since my account was fulfilled already, I wouldn't have director selections automatically mailed, right? Should I send it back or just keep it and hope they don't notice?

legend42 02-10-06 05:01 PM

You still have to respond to Director's selections after your account is fulfilled (you can call and request they be discontinued). See if you can still log in to your account, and check whether the DVD was a DS or a duplicate of your other order. Either way, returning it to them should solve the problem.

paulringodaman 02-10-06 05:08 PM

My friend actually canceled 2-3 months ago. He gets one movie a week now and has NOT been charged (in fact for some strange reason has gotten 3 credits for like 15 dollars!!)

And no this is not me, I only buy used DVDs cuz I am a cheapskate.

viking99 02-10-06 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by paulringodaman

And no this is not me, I only buy used DVDs cuz I am a cheapskate.

What the heck do you think the rest of us here are? :rolleyes:

( :) )

zaq12wsx 02-10-06 08:28 PM

I also received Wedding Crashers by mistake. I am sure i had declined that

j-bo 02-13-06 09:41 AM

I only buy used DVDs cuz I am a cheapskate
And I would have to bet, you are paying more for the used, then we are for the new!!

Unless you found the Holy Grail of deals, if so, share with us!!

BTW. we avg. around $5-6 a new disk.

grivet 02-15-06 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by zaq12wsx
I also received Wedding Crashers by mistake. I am sure i had declined that

Yep, me too.

Got my Wedding Crashers director's selection today which was a bit of a shock since I declined it on 1/07 according to the e-mail confirmation.

The csr I spoke with had no record of the decline or a satisfactory explanation as to what happened. Evidently those declines "sometimes just don't take." :rolleyes:

Fortunately the account is still open, so tomorrow it's "Refused: Return to Sender" then wait two weeks for the credit.

cherrycrusade 02-18-06 11:36 AM

This is wrong, but if you get a DS in the mail that you declined..maybe it's something you wanted..maybe not..you can always say you sent it back and really kept it. Within 30 days they will credit you back, but you do have to wait that long.

ericjanderson 02-21-06 08:26 PM

Today I received Battlestar Galactica Season 2 in the mail, which was a director's selection a short while ago. I checked my email, and I received notice that I declined this offer on Jan 6.

If this happens to anyone else, I suggest just writing "refused" on the package and putting it back in the mail. I am also going to shoot them an email to let them know it is coming.

It is bad enough that they pester you every three weeks with a selection you must decline. When you decline and have confirmation that they got the message, and send it anyway, that is very bad form!

ChefWinduAZ 02-21-06 08:51 PM

Today in the mail I received The Wedding Crashers which I did not order and I can only assume it was a Director's Selection. The only thing is that I never had the chance to decline this title as a Director's Selection because I didn't get my account approval email until 1/7 and according to the CH website this order was placed "automatically" on 1/5. So they just sent me a DVD they felt like sending me without giving me the chance to decline it. What is up with that!? Also let me add that this order didn't show up in my order history until last week and by then it had already shipped.

lizard 02-22-06 10:14 AM

^Wedding Crashers was reported in another thread as being sent out to many by mistake.