Community
Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

CH frustration.

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-06, 10:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I Keep getting denied!!

Ok, I'm a tad new. I've signed up for CH once before but that was 2 years ago. Since then I've gone to college and all that jazz. Well, I recently found this site. Pretty sweet. Anyway, I have used 4 different codes spaced out over 4 months to try and sign up with. None required a psn and allowed credit cards. All 4 times I never got approved. I don't understand. And it's not like the codes I used were ancient. They were pretty popular and from the boards everyone said they worked at the time. Quite frustrating. Is the phone process any better? I just want the freaking dvds!

Last edited by xboxfanatic; 02-01-06 at 11:21 AM.
Old 02-01-06, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 702 Likes on 455 Posts
approval ratings are much higher on applications that are phoned in, I would give that a shot and see if it would work.
Old 02-01-06, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
xboxfanatic, on line enrollments used to be problematic, as you have discovered. In recent weeks they have started yielding a much better application acceptance rate, from what I have read here and in my own experience. Nevertheless, phone applications have long had a much higher application acceptance rate than on-line ones.

I would suggest that you try another on-line application, using a current code (see the "Better code thread"); preferably one that requires a credit card. If you don't get an acceptance e-mail, or see a charge on your credit card, in two weeks then try a phone application (888-242-3837).

For phone applications be sure to have your DVD selection numbers ready to help make sure you get the ones you want. And have several codes at hand; some have reported that not all of them work on the phone (but they may have been calling the wrong phone number, so it is hard to say for sure). If asked for "the number above your name on the mailing" (the infamous PSN), or some such thing, give them the number of your old account if you have it. If not, just say that you "don't have it in front of you" and that should suffice.

Last edited by lizard; 02-01-06 at 12:08 PM.
Old 02-01-06, 12:41 PM
Cool New Member

Hey Xbox, I know how you feel, I found this site not that long ago and suffered through alot of the "lost" online applications. Recently I started using the code C7L online, (which is the standard 6 @ 0.49, 1 @ 9.95, 2 left to fulfill) and have had 5 straight apps go through without a problem...you do not need a psn...and I've been slecting Bill me Later option at the credit card screen(you can add your credit card # as soon as you get your approval email w/ acct #) For some reason, anytime I use pay by credit card when applying thats when I have them become "lost", I'm guessing due to waiting for credit approval or something.
Old 02-01-06, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Sammy
Hey Xbox, I know how you feel, I found this site not that long ago and suffered through alot of the "lost" online applications. Recently I started using the code C7L online, (which is the standard 6 @ 0.49, 1 @ 9.95, 2 left to fulfill) and have had 5 straight apps go through without a problem...you do not need a psn...and I've been slecting Bill me Later option at the credit card screen(you can add your credit card # as soon as you get your approval email w/ acct #) For some reason, anytime I use pay by credit card when applying thats when I have them become "lost", I'm guessing due to waiting for credit approval or something.
Wow, ok. Thanks guys. I've been waiting about 5 days with my 4th attempt, so I'll go ahead and give C7L a try, with bill me later. I guess I can't get too mad, simply becauase these are some incredible deals. Thanks again.
Old 02-01-06, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Just to be safe - select different titles with your next attempt than your most recent one. We've had "delays" in approval bite us sometimes - especially the most recent one of 3+ months.
Old 02-02-06, 06:19 AM

This reminds me of my current application. I submitted an application for the DVD Club on Wednesday, January 25th. I can't remember what code I used, but I had my credit card in there. I was trying to get a new account in to cash in on the B1G1 free deal. Anyway, it's been 8 days since the application went through. Should I try to submit a new one or just wait a bit longer or try emailing or calling customer service?
Old 02-02-06, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts
i've done 3 accounts, each one applied online and got an email back like 2-3 days later, then got the dvds like 4 days after that, used the bill me option for all them too.
Old 02-03-06, 10:56 AM

I recently applied successfully (C7L with card at checkout) - got confirmation, acceptance letter, and the charges appeared on my card about a week ago, but I haven't gotten word that the enrollment package has been shipped. Are they still bad about getting out shipment notices? Towards the end of my last account I got a 'your DVDs have shipped' e-mail a few days after the package actually arrived, and once I never got one at all.
Old 02-03-06, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Operator13
...Are they still bad about getting out shipment notices?...
In a word: Yes.

It is typical to receive a package before the e-mail, if you even get one; I haven't been getting any "shipped" e-mails lately.
Old 02-04-06, 03:53 PM

Yeah, thanks...received the package in the mail today, but still no word from CH that it had been shipped. I guess it's not a big deal, but I liked knowing the DVDs were on their way.
Old 02-06-06, 12:20 PM

I resubmitted a "lost" 1KJ app from a month ago with C7L on 2/1/06 using the same titles and I got the welcome e-mail today! I did use my CC at checkout. THANKS GUYS!

Originally Posted by Uncle Sammy
Recently I started using the code C7L online, (which is the standard 6 @ 0.49, 1 @ 9.95, 2 left to fulfill) and have had 5 straight apps go through without a problem...you do not need a psn...and I've been slecting Bill me Later option at the credit card screen