Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains > DVD Clubs
Reload this Page >

Has been dropped due to policy?? (Interstate 60)

DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Old 01-06-06, 01:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone else seen this before? I ordererd selection 4062006 - Interstate 60 as part of an enrollment. The shipment arrived without it and my web account summary initially showed "awaiting stock." Now, the web summary indicates "has been dropped due to policy." It still appears as an enrollment selection on the website.

If I had to guess, I would guess that CH has a policy that any enrollment selection that can't be shipped within a certain period due to zero inventory will be dropped from the order and a voucher issued. I would still like to obtain the movie (blind buy, IMDB 7.7), however it was just one of those cases of "fill up an enrollment order so that I can get another account in under free shipping."
Old 01-06-06, 01:54 PM

That's strange. I ordered Interstate 60 last week so that I could use up my Funcash. The order status still says "Awaiting stock." I placed the order on 12/30.
Old 01-06-06, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^"Dropped due to policy" means out of stock. Yes, I know it is a weird way to say it, but this is Columbia House we are talking about...

You have likely received a rain check for this. You could try to order the same title (might be back in stock by now) or select something else (must be available for enrollment). Please call CH and ask them about it; they should have the rain check listed on your account.
Old 01-06-06, 02:32 PM

Thanks. I actually don't mind this since it allows me to delay an enrollment selection while still getting my fulfillments. I'll probably float the rain check, as there are a number of great selections becoming available for enrollment later this month (Batman, Batman Returns, Batman Forever, Land of the Dead, Man With the Golden Arm, Big Lebowski, etc...).
Old 01-06-06, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Off topic, but I bought this sight unseen from DeepDiscountDVD during the sale. I LOVED IT. Really unique movie. Well worth it.
Old 01-06-06, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by viking99
Thanks. I actually don't mind this since it allows me to delay an enrollment selection while still getting my fulfillments. I'll probably float the rain check, as there are a number of great selections becoming available for enrollment later this month (Batman, Batman Returns, Batman Forever, Land of the Dead, Man With the Golden Arm, Big Lebowski, etc...).
Yes, getting a raincheck is a good thing if one didn't much care about the original enrollment selection. And if one doesn't care about cycling accounts as quickly as possible, as is the case for many of us who have had many accounts before.
Old 01-06-06, 10:46 PM

That's my situation Lizard. I went through the phase of cycling as often as possible (especially back when we had the 3-for-25 fulfillments with free shipping). I was stocking up using six 19.95-and-up enrollments and fulfilling with six 14.95 titles. At this point, I'm pretty much waiting for new enrollments to accumulate before cycling, as I have most of the CH titles that I want.

DVDude! - that's good feedback. After stumbling accross this movie, I read up on it at IMDB and it sounded like a movie that I would really enjoy. I'll get it eventually.