Community
Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Above List Price?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-05, 02:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Above List Price?

I am relatively new to the club with only a short experience about 3 years ago with the great deal of 5 for $24.95. I have recently rejoined and have received my enrollments. I am looking for fulfillments and was looking at Stealth and found to my chagrin that it is $2 MORE than list price ($20.95 vrs $22.95). Does this happen often?
Old 12-23-05, 04:05 PM
Jim
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Amazon and DDD both have the list price for Stealth as $28.95. CH also shows the list price as $28.95 on my account.
Old 12-23-05, 04:26 PM

I didn't look closely enough. Now that you let me know it is an 8 instead of a 0, I see that the line through the price makes the 8 look like a 0. In any case, you are correct that it is $28.95. If I paused and added the sale price $12.97 to what they say I am saving ($15.98) I would have gotten $28.95. Sorry for the confusion and thanks for straightening me out.
Old 12-23-05, 07:23 PM

You're saving more than that if you take into consideration the overall CH account. Paying $23 for a fulfillment DVD, for those who optomize their purchases, is really only paying about 9 bucks. You don't want to buy it for the sale price, as that won't count as a fulfillment.
Old 12-23-05, 11:18 PM

I understand how to optimize to keep pricing/DVD low and why buying at full price is better in this case to the sale price. I was just not happy that CH seemed to have the audacity to price it $2 above list price. I see now that I was just jumping to a conclusion without looking close enough at the numbers on the screen.