Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains > DVD Clubs
Reload this Page >

#%^&@*&* CH sends full screen instead of widescreen!!!!

Community
Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-05, 02:35 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I get Crash from Columbia House today, which excites me until I see on the cover that it's the full screen version!! I double checked my order, and indeed I ordered widescreen. This actually is the first time CH has done this to me, but reading other threads, this seems to be a common occurance.
Old 09-08-05, 02:38 PM

This only happened to me once. It was when I first joined with them, and they sent me Scarface: 20th anniversary edition in fullscreen. Believe me when I say I know how much this sucks.

Last edited by EL_Cangri; 09-11-05 at 01:49 PM.
Old 09-08-05, 02:45 PM
Banned

^ Uh... you WANTED full screen??
Old 09-08-05, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Hasn't happened to me yet...

Originally Posted by Legolas
Old 09-08-05, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Why do you get so worked out?

Just don't open the package an exchange at best buy or CC.

Big deal.
Old 09-08-05, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It's certainly not been my experience that this is "common". It's never happened to me and I've not seen this forum overrun with others having the same problem. Just call them and get the right one sent. It's still better than paying normal prices elsewhere. A month from now you'll have forgotten all about this.
Old 09-08-05, 10:01 PM

The enrollment site says EVERYTHING is widescreen ... that's why you gotta check the data miner spreadsheet, and actually check. Sorry about that!
Old 09-08-05, 11:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by yukon-cornelius
The enrollment site says EVERYTHING is widescreen ... that's why you gotta check the data miner spreadsheet, and actually check. Sorry about that!
This makes no sense. I clearly stated that I did indeed order the widescreen version. And since when do movies that were released three days ago count as enrollments? Who even said anything about enrollments? I guess common sense is anything but.
Old 09-09-05, 01:09 AM

This makes no sense. I clearly stated that I did indeed order the widescreen version. And since when do movies that were released three days ago count as enrollments? Who even said anything about enrollments? I guess common sense is anything but.

Easy, pal. No need to be an ass. The guy was just trying to help.
Old 09-09-05, 01:31 AM
Banned

Yeah, I was overreacting. But on initial reading, his last sentence seemed like he was mocking the situation.
Old 09-09-05, 09:08 AM

I opened my order of the Widescreen version of "Crash" which arrived today and before reading this thread had already pulled off the celophane before discovering FULL SCREEN printed across the top. I'm pissed.
Old 09-10-05, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

mine finally arrived in the mail yesterday, and it was the damn FS version...i've gotta send the F'n thing back now.

FS should die!
Old 09-10-05, 07:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts
Looks like CH is really getting their stuff together. I prefer they go back to their old ways of a few months ago.
Old 09-11-05, 05:24 AM
MSA

It happened to me on numerous occasions, especially when I buy mass quantities of DVD's.
I call them up to talk to a human because going through the return procedures via email style is horrific, well atleast from my experiences.
If I want the correction done immediately, I get charged for the correct version in lieu of returning the wrong one they sent, but this time I pay full price. You have to wait for a green return tag and send it to a McHenry Illinois return site.
Wouldn't you know?...weeks go buy, I call and they say they never received anything.
Now they have to track the thing down and give me credit, credit the difference from them charging me full price, change my damn FunCash point total......... Oh my god I'mm getting myself pissed off again just thinking about the crap I go through.

Goodluck! and might I add, getting a name of someone you spoke too doesn't seem to mean squat. I always get, "We are just a call center and it's nearly impossible to speak to the person that initially tookl care of your issues"

In the long run they get so screwed up with what they created and the amount of email correspondance that they just give in.

.......nice to vent at such an early morning

Last edited by MSA; 09-11-05 at 05:27 AM.
Old 09-11-05, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by yukon-cornelius
My bad! I didn't see this was a fulfillment title (Crash), rather than enrollment. Apologies if you thought I was mocking you, because I certainly know your pain, having received a few screwups myself.
Old 09-11-05, 01:50 PM

No, it was a typo.