Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains > DVD Clubs
Reload this Page >

Newbie Q's (CH Canada)

DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Newbie Q's (CH Canada)

Old 07-09-05, 01:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Newbie Q's (CH Canada)

I just placed an order for Miss Congeniality 1 & 2 (both sold together)

The website lists the price as $44.95 reg & $33.71 sale (Canadian $)

Which price will I be billed for?
Does this count towards fullfillment?

Thanks!

Last edited by namja; 07-09-05 at 11:28 AM. Reason: add "(Canadian $)"
Old 07-09-05, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I was puzzled by the prices you listed until I saw that you are in Canada; it would be helpful if you said that in your thread title since the US and Canadian clubs are different. There are several people here who use CH Canada who can help you with you question, but they might not notice it.

You should have been charged the sale price on your order and it should have been readily apparent during checkout. As to whether it counts for fulfillment, at that price it likely will but I will leave that for someone up north to say for sure.

Edit: Thanks for the thread title change pilot.

Last edited by lizard; 07-09-05 at 12:03 PM.
Old 07-09-05, 04:10 PM

What you bought was the 2 pack together, which they consider a boxset. All box sets are automatically 25% off. $44.95 is the original price and the $33.71 is the one you will be paying, and is 25% off.

It will count as 1 fulfillment.
Old 07-09-05, 06:07 PM
Suspended

Does this mean that if I order Tales From the Crypt Season 1, it won't be 36.95, but $27.71? This would actually be a deal, then! How come they don't advertise this?
Old 07-10-05, 01:38 AM

Sorry for the confusion. I didn't know regular & sale prices regardless of Canada & the US CH Clubs worked different on both websites.

Also, my bad cause I was browsing the threads on this forum & didn't see any CH Canada threads. We have what 3 members on this forum LOL

Thanks smegger2000. Cause they consider it a boxed set, does that mean $8 extra for shipping? I was merly concerned with fulfillment, now I'm a bit worried about the total cost. Doh!
Old 07-10-05, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by krammer
Sorry for the confusion. I didn't know regular & sale prices regardless of Canada & the US CH Clubs worked different on both websites.
Yes, the clubs are quite different. For reasons I don't understand the US club is much more complex and has many more offers and deals than CH Canada. Pricing is different too, due to exchange rates.

Also, my bad cause I was browsing the threads on this forum & didn't see any CH Canada threads.
There hasn't been much activity in the Canada threads of late. But here are the most recent ones:
question for a member of Columbia House Canada.
Columbia House Canada Titles
CH Canada - In stock if in the catalogue but not online and slipcover questions
Best CH Canada Code?
Canada CH Sign up a Friend referal
We have what 3 members on this forum LOL...
Something like that But they do monitor this forum, as you can see above.
Old 07-13-05, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by old-boo-radley
Does this mean that if I order Tales From the Crypt Season 1, it won't be 36.95, but $27.71? This would actually be a deal, then! How come they don't advertise this?
The website isn't showing the sale prices on boxsets right now. It usually does show the 25% off price. I'm guessing that yes, Tales from the Crypt should be only $27.71.

They really nail you for shipping on the boxsets.
I ordered Clerks X, and they wanted $9 because it had 3 discs.
Old 07-13-05, 05:30 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by smegger2000
The website isn't showing the sale prices on boxsets right now. It usually does show the 25% off price. I'm guessing that yes, Tales from the Crypt should be only $27.71.

They really nail you for shipping on the boxsets.
I ordered Clerks X, and they wanted $9 because it had 3 discs.
I hope so, it showed up 27.71 when I ordered it, so. Plus, for some unknown reason there seems to be a shortage of TFTC sets out there. I haven't heard of a single Canadian to find one at a store. Future Shop doesn't list it, ABSound, Chapters, no one. Weird.

Either way, it's mine now
Old 07-13-05, 10:51 PM

Can I expect a $9 charge as well for that 2-pack of Miss Congeniality?

What is the exact shipping rate for boxed sets?.... as smegger pointed out, that is what I ordered.
Old 07-14-05, 05:06 AM
Suspended

I'm guessing it's 3.69 for the first DVD an 3.49 for each additional one. I'm not sure if two disc releases get charged double shipping or what, though (Not that Miss Congeniality is, but just a sidenote)
Old 07-15-05, 04:30 PM

This is how they billed me for Miss Congeniality 1 & Miss Congeniality 2

$33.71 (Films)
$3.69 (Shipping)
$2.62 (Tax)

$40.02 (Total) Still cheaper than if I went to the store & bought them.
Old 07-17-05, 06:04 AM
Suspended

Well, TFTC was only 27.71 and they, too, only billed me for 3.69 shipping. I think I'm going to order the Hammer House of Horrors set from them, 4 discs, so I'll bet you they charge for each and every disc for that one
Old 07-22-05, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by old-boo-radley
Plus, for some unknown reason there seems to be a shortage of TFTC sets out there. I haven't heard of a single Canadian to find one at a store. Future Shop doesn't list it, ABSound, Chapters, no one. Weird.
Tales From The Crypt has not actually been released domestically in Canada. It is considered an import, and as such can not be found in many places due to this status. The stores you listed do not as a rule stock import titles.

The big HMV in downtown Toronto has it.
Old 07-23-05, 05:46 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by raining_helper
Tales From The Crypt has not actually been released domestically in Canada. It is considered an import, and as such can not be found in many places due to this status. The stores you listed do not as a rule stock import titles.

The big HMV in downtown Toronto has it.
I just don't get that move. I suppose it makes about as much sense as the Midnite Movies from MGM getting Canada-only releases for the first 6 months.