Community
Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Smokin' Hot Code - Take $21.95 title for $9.95, counts as fulfillment

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-05, 01:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Marvin
I wasn't able to use it on a pre-order (Million Dollar Baby) but it was listed as a 22.95 title (even though it was 19.95 as a pre-order) rather than a 21.95 title. So I don't know if it would have worked on a pre-order that was cheaper.

But I was able to use it for a different DVD in the same order (My Fair Lady) and both counted as fulfillments.
That's funny, I just ordered it yesterday, and even though it was priced at 22.95 it still took it as 9.95 plus shipped with the code. CH must have caught on!

Honkey
Old 07-14-05, 02:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I ordered it last week. I guess I should have waited until it was no longer a pre-order to order it. Still, with an average price per DVD at 5.75, I guess I can't complain too much. I was going to order it from Amazon for over $19.
Old 07-19-05, 09:16 PM
Banned

Anyone find any other titles that will never be available for enrollment -- besides Hamlet: Criterion, Memento: LE, American Pie: UE, Eternal Sunshine: CE, Cats: UE, and Highlander: Immortal Edition -- for this offer?

Last edited by Legolas; 07-19-05 at 09:31 PM.
Old 07-19-05, 09:40 PM

This thread is older than dirt, but you might try Amadeus, Near Dark, or One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest. Haven't actually tried them myself.
Old 07-19-05, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by Legolas
Anyone find any other titles that will never be available for enrollment -- besides Hamlet: Criterion, Memento: LE, American Pie: UE, Eternal Sunshine: CE, Cats: UE, and Highlander: Immortal Edition -- for this offer?
Doctor Zhivago and Grave of the Fireflies are a couple more not available for enrollment that the code works for
Old 07-21-05, 02:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is this still active?
Old 07-21-05, 02:18 AM

Just did it 5 mins ago, said it was valid through 7/21. $12.94 (9.95+2.99 shipping) with a credit towards fulfillment can't be beat.
Old 07-21-05, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 249 Likes on 185 Posts
Sorry guys dumb question - How do I enter the code? I've never entered a code before.
Old 07-21-05, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Mrs.Nesbit
Sorry guys dumb question - How do I enter the code? I've never entered a code before.
There is a link that says "Looking for the offer in your mailing?" when you first sign in. Click on that link and a pop-up will appear where you enter the savings code. Make sure to turn off you pop-up blocker first. The deal should be good until midnight.
Old 07-21-05, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 249 Likes on 185 Posts
Ahh, I'm at work so I can't see it or remove the blocker. Thank you very much I'll be doing it when I get home.
Old 07-21-05, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Something odd happened to me tonight - I added "Million Dollar Baby" to my cart, and it came up $9.95 - then just for curiosity, I deleted it and tried a $24.95 title (to see if it might come up $11.95, with the same discount). When I went back to try again a few minutes later, MDB no longer came up $9.95 (I tried clearing cookies). Other $22.95 titles worked OK, just not MDB.

Just out of curiosity - when CH has an ending date, is it midnight central time (where they are located) or midnight eastern time?
Old 07-21-05, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by GeoffreyL
I was going to use the code to fulfill with Hamlet Criterion on one order and Doctor Zhivago on another order, as these are not available for enrollment.
I got Doctor Zhivago (1965 version) about a year ago as a phone enrollment - it is on the phone-only enrollments list, which hasn't been updated in almost a year.

Last edited by NCYankee; 07-21-05 at 11:39 PM.
Old 07-21-05, 11:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The deal is now DEAD for me.
Old 07-26-05, 03:32 PM

Code Shows But CH Says No

Hello to all...First time poster here...I used the code the other day to order 2 dvds and it showed up at the lower price, but for the past few days I kept checking CH order status page and it kept saying To Be Assigned. Now while this was going on, I did get an update stating that 1 of the 2 fulfillments had been processed and 1$ in Fun Cash was added, with the total showing due for that dvd. They both still show as To Be Assigned...I sent them an email about it and they said the 2 dvds I ordered would not count toward fulfillment as they were not the $19.95 price, but they had BOTH shipped. Then they say that 1 dvd cannot be shipped due to some shipping regulation. I replied saying that if they did not count towards fulfillment I am sending them back. All of this and the site still shows 1 HAS fulfilled 1 of 2 commitments! It should be very simple...
Old 07-26-05, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by rw3829
Hello to all...First time poster here...I used the code the other day to order 2 dvds and it showed up at the lower price, but for the past few days I kept checking CH order status page and it kept saying To Be Assigned. Now while this was going on, I did get an update stating that 1 of the 2 fulfillments had been processed and 1$ in Fun Cash was added, with the total showing due for that dvd. They both still show as To Be Assigned...I sent them an email about it and they said the 2 dvds I ordered would not count toward fulfillment as they were not the $19.95 price, but they had BOTH shipped. Then they say that 1 dvd cannot be shipped due to some shipping regulation. I replied saying that if they did not count towards fulfillment I am sending them back. All of this and the site still shows 1 HAS fulfilled 1 of 2 commitments! It should be very simple...
Your best bet is to relax, don't panic, and wait a few more days.

I used the code, and got the same weirdness. 2 orders showed as "to be assigned" with "****" for prices, etc. Then 2 orders appeared with correct prices, for a total of 4 orders listed. I quickly paid the amount due for the first order, it shipped, then I paid the amount due for the 2nd order and it also shipped. After a few days the "to be assigned" orders disappeared, the order history is correct, my status shows all commitments as fulfilled, and preferred member status.
Old 07-28-05, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I placed two separate orders to fulfill, one has shipped (Cuckoo's Nest SE) and one has disappeared from my order history (Spotless MInd CE).

Have most of you been getting more than one to go through with no problem?
Old 07-28-05, 02:33 PM

I used this code twice on two different accounts. Both accounts fullfilled with no problem.
Old 07-28-05, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I called and got a CSR to do the order manually - though she made a couple comments like "We don't usually send offers like that to new accounts".
Old 07-28-05, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by kevin7215
I used this code twice on two different accounts. Both accounts fullfilled with no problem.
Same here, fulfilled 2 new accounts with this code, everything shipped properly, both accounts show as fulfilled. I hope they bring it back again!!
Old 07-28-05, 02:54 PM

Good To Go

Hey once again...I got another email today stating that all of the info in my previous email was not correct. I now have confirmation that the dvds I ordered WILL count toward commitment. I received the first of the 2 dvds in the mail today as well, so seems all is right with the world as of now...I am now paying for the other dvd which is waiting to be shipped. That will fulfill my commitment at this time. Thanks to all for making this a really good place to learn from.
Old 08-21-05, 05:36 PM

Is this still working?
If so, where do you actually enter the code. I put two Criterions in my cart and went to check out but there is no place to enter a savings code.

Russ
Old 08-21-05, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Russ Rubman
Is this still working?
If so, where do you actually enter the code. I put two Criterions in my cart and went to check out but there is no place to enter a savings code.

Russ
No it's not working. And this question has been asked a lot lately I've noticed. The CH FAQ answers it: on the homepage you click on the "looking for the offer in your mailing?" in the upper left corner and then insert the code.