Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains > DVD Clubs
Reload this Page >

What does "awaiting credit approval mean"?

DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Old 05-16-05, 10:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just started a DVD account and I placed an order to fullfill but it has this on there. So are they going to wait until I get my enrollments and make sure I pay for them before they approve this order. I don't want it to be too long. Might lose out on the $5.95 movie with purchase of Fockers and free shipping.
Old 05-17-05, 08:00 AM

I have no idea WTF?

Made my order on the 1st time web $5 site, used b1g1, and my order is all messed up with the same thing you have on it!

I paid for the order as usual at the time I placed the order. I have a web order on the 11th still "pending".
Then an order is placed on the 12th with MY SELECTIIONS I made on the 11th. It shows that now I owe $21.95!! and has the "awaiting credit approval" on one of the dvd's and holding the other "free" one.

Besides that, the $5 off isn't showing either.

Making a call today to get it straightened out!

This is my 1st time ever of having a simple order messed way up.
Old 05-17-05, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by MrShackleford
I just started a DVD account and I placed an order to fullfill but it has this on there. So are they going to wait until I get my enrollments and make sure I pay for them before they approve this order. I don't want it to be too long. Might lose out on the $5.95 movie with purchase of Fockers and free shipping.

Short answer is YES.
Old 05-17-05, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by j-bo
This is my 1st time ever of having a simple order messed way up.
Ahhhh... I remember my first time like it was yesterday...

Wait -- it was yesterday -- and last month -- and 3 times last year... damn you CH!! Damn you!! :-)
Old 05-17-05, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MrShackleford
I just started a DVD account and I placed an order to fullfill but it has this on there. So are they going to wait until I get my enrollments and make sure I pay for them before they approve this order.
Like island007 said, yes, if you don't have a credit card on the account Columbia House may make you wait until you pay for enrollments. If you do have a credit card on the account this "waiting for credit approval" should disappear in a day or two.

I don't want it to be too long. Might lose out on the $5.95 movie with purchase of Fockers and free shipping.
I don't quite understand the deal you are referring to, but regardless of how long it takes for your order to be processed, the terms and deals you had when you placed it should be honored by CH.

When I place a complex order I find it helpful to capture the order summary or receipt by saving the page to my computer or printing the page out. If there are any questions about the prices I was supposed to be charged I have some evidence of the order as it was placed.
Old 05-17-05, 03:23 PM

If you order Meet the Fockers, you get a comedy movie(from a very small selection of movies; I picked You've Got Mail)for $5.95. I also ordered Dances with Wolves. This put me too 3 DVD's so I got the free shipping. I also used the $5 off webdvd coupon. So this was the final tally:

Meet the Fockers: $19.95
You've Got Mail: $5.95
Dances with Wolves: $16.95($21.95-$5 webdvd coupon)

I hope they still give me the fullfillment for Dances. Also, I just paid for my enrollments with a credit card. I'll let you know if the credit approval goes away.
Old 05-17-05, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

^ You should get fulfillment credit for Dances with Wolves with no problem. If you were to call and ask about it some CSRs tend to be clueless about the web discount, but fulfillment credit should get applied as the DVD ships.
Old 05-17-05, 05:41 PM

I received a mail today (more than 2 weeks after placing order) saying the package cannot be shipped unless i pay it over phone (with number). So it seems if its "awaiting credit approval" it may very well keep waiting till you pay it over phone. (I had already paid that after 3-4 days "awaiting credit approval" )
Old 05-17-05, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts
I called about the "awaiting credit approval" on one of my selections. They said that since I requested that they send me a bill (although I have a credit card on file) they will only send me dvds up to a certain limit. After I pay them for those dvds then they will send the remainder of the dvds (in this case it is only one and the cheapest of the order). I really don't see the point as they have my credit card and can charge it (as they did for the enrollment selections).
Old 05-17-05, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

When you use the good codes, where you receive the DVDs before your card is charged, you have to select the option where it says place card on file instead of the bill me directly option when paying for your enrollment package.

I chose the bill me option so I have the "awaiting credit approval" on my account as well. I paid for one of my fulfillments and it went to pending and the other two remain at the same "awaiting credit approval" status.

Next time I think I'll just place the card on file even though it technically is on file.
Old 05-18-05, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

as long as they keep my prices at what they are, I really don't mind having a multi item order shipped out piece by piece. It means I'm going to get more packages and i like getting packages. I'm never in too big of a hurry for crap I buy on CH anyway.
Old 05-18-05, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
I called about the "awaiting credit approval" on one of my selections. They said that since I requested that they send me a bill (although I have a credit card on file) they will only send me dvds up to a certain limit. After I pay them for those dvds then they will send the remainder of the dvds (in this case it is only one and the cheapest of the order). I really don't see the point as they have my credit card and can charge it (as they did for the enrollment selections).
Since you haven't authorized charging your card — you selected "bill me" — I believe that it would be illegal for CH to charge your credit card, even though they have the number on file.