Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains > DVD Clubs
Reload this Page >

$10 Off First Web Order...

DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Old 03-12-05, 09:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just letting you know - I've waited maybe a month, month and a half since my last opening of a CH account, and they sent me an e-mail saying take $10 off my first web order (over $30) since they haven't heard from me in a while.

Now granted I know some people open, fulfill and close ASAP, but to those out there who wait a while, this is a nice deal.

I was able to pick up a regular-priced dvd and a 50% off one all for the price of the regular, with the free shipping code, too. Good luck.
Old 03-12-05, 09:51 AM

Good to know, thanks for the post!
Old 03-12-05, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 99 Likes on 74 Posts
I waited close to a year to fulfill one of mine. I never received a $10 off.
Old 03-12-05, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

How did they give you $10 off? Is there a coupon code or web address link you can share with us?
Old 03-12-05, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
How did they give you $10 off? Is there a coupon code or web address link you can share with us?
I was wondering the same thing.
Old 03-12-05, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This would be a great deal if they would bring back free shipping for 3 or more DVDs. As is, it would be cheaper using the $5 coupon with free shipping.
Old 03-12-05, 06:57 PM

Here is the graphic; note the filename is EE_10dol_6wk_offer - so maybe after 6 weeks of inactivity, they send you it.

Old 03-13-05, 01:26 AM

Can u click on the link and post the address? could that work ?
Old 03-14-05, 11:18 AM

I got this too after waiting about 2 months. Not bad at all.
Old 03-14-05, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I also received this email a few weeks ago, the only problem was that it was for an account that I'd already fulfilled. I tried my best to figure out how to use this deal with my other 3 accounts (for which I didn't receive this email) but I couldn't do it - as there is no code listed and it brings you directly into the account when you click on it.
Old 03-14-05, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Mikael79
I also received this email a few weeks ago, the only problem was that it was for an account that I'd already fulfilled. I tried my best to figure out how to use this deal with my other 3 accounts (for which I didn't receive this email) but I couldn't do it - as there is no code listed and it brings you directly into the account when you click on it.
Usually you can right-click on the link, copy the shortcut, paste it into the top of your browser, and change the account number imbedded in the link. Then anybody could use the link. So, if you still have your email, please do this and paste the link here. Just replace your account number with XXXXXXX so we know where to insert our account number...
Thanks!
Old 03-14-05, 11:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Usually you can right-click on the link, copy the shortcut, paste it into the top of your browser, and change the account number imbedded in the link. Then anybody could use the link. So, if you still have your email, please do this and paste the link here. Just replace your account number with XXXXXXX so we know where to insert our account number...
Thanks!
That doesn't always work. CH has been doing encrypted links for a while now - 20-25 random characters that translate back to a specific account #.

What Mikael79 could do is click on the link & because his account is closed, he shouldn't be able to get into it. As a result, he will be at the default CH home page & the offer # (or whatever) should be visible in the URL.