DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Clubs (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-clubs-13/)
-   -   DV2 Club? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-clubs/413019-dv2-club.html)

acidworkzfx 03-07-05 02:48 PM

DV2 Club?

I'm very confussed about the DV2 club. Is it worth it? If I already have two accounts with Columbia House can I sign up?

pilot 03-07-05 02:50 PM

yes you can sign up with DV2 if you already have two accounts..I find it decent..it's good to use to move funcash over and hold it ..also good if you want to just buy the deal of the day ..won't pay any shipping cost..just tax (if you are charged tax)..

acidworkzfx 03-07-05 02:54 PM

So you can earn funchase with the DV2 club too? Does it reset every year? Do all the same codes work for the DV2 club?

SFranke 03-07-05 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by acidworkzfx
So you can earn funchase with the DV2 club too? Does it reset every year? Do all the same codes work for the DV2 club?

Yes. Yes. Depends. You won't get deals like the Oscar sale or 2 Action Titles for $18 there, however.

dsa_shea 03-07-05 07:33 PM

Can you cancel the DV2 club after you fulfill your commitment?

duganrm 03-07-05 08:00 PM

How do you put in codes to sign up for the DV2 club? I may have some that work but don't know how to test them.

pilot 03-07-05 08:56 PM

not sure..don't think you can...though I don't remember...

SFranke 03-07-05 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
Can you cancel the DV2 club after you fulfill your commitment?

Yes, but you might as well keep it open. You can deposit your Funcash from other accounts into your DV2 account. Besides, it doesn't count towards the "two DVD accounts per address" rule.

Originally Posted by duganrm
How do you put in codes to sign up for the DV2 club? I may have some that work but don't know how to test them.

There's a thread around here that will show you how to do it. It is probably buried under 6 or 7 pages. Sadly, "DV2" is too short for a search. You can phone in an application, also.

dsa_shea 03-07-05 10:06 PM

I put in an application for the dv2 club. It was 9.95 for two sets with free shipping and only one purchase of 19.95 to fulfill. The only think is that I dont want to be charged the yearly fee.

Keith123 03-07-05 10:16 PM

I put in an application for the dv2 club. It was 9.95 for two sets with free shipping and only one purchase of 19.95 to fulfill. The only think is that I dont want to be charged the yearly fee.

Any DVD purchase will fullfill in DV2. I bought "Galaxy Quest" on special for $4.95 and that fullfilled my commitment. I quit the club last year to avoid the yearly fee and rejoined again recently with no problem and got 2 DVD's for my $9.95 new enrollment for the year...

Keith123 03-07-05 10:51 PM

One way is in your browser window exactly enter: go.columbiahouse.com
and then you can enter your savings code(s) after your scroll down a little bit on the screen. If you enter "HDX" as a code then you will automatically go to the "DV2" area where you can get 2 DVD's for $9.95 instead of the regular one DVD for $9.95. Don't enter "WWW." as part of the "go.columbiahouse.com" address as that will not work correctly. Good luck on your code checking!

Big Worms 03-07-05 10:53 PM

Just signed up myself. I like how they have 40% off boxsets all the time.

Keith123 03-07-05 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by Big Worms
Just signed up myself. I like how they have 40% off boxsets all the time.

And Free shipping ALL the time! If only tax wasn't charged for Ohio...oh, well!

Big Worms 03-07-05 10:59 PM

Oh yeah how could I forget that Keith123.

grivet 03-07-05 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by evitagen
Besides, it doesn't count towards the "two DVD accounts per address" rule.

So one could theoretically have five CH dvd accounts open at one time?

2 DVD Club
2 DVD Club TV Edition
1 DV2

I don't think I'd try five, but I could definitely see going four. DV2 for dotd and funcash orders. 1 each unfulfilled TV and DVD club waiting for 40% boxset sale w/free shipping, and a DVD club account for cycling.

Pending approval of course, does this seem feasible and within the CH account guidelines?

duganrm 03-08-05 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Keith123
One way is in your browser window exactly enter: go.columbiahouse.com
and then you can enter your savings code(s) after your scroll down a little bit on the screen. If you enter "HDX" as a code then you will automatically go to the "DV2" area where you can get 2 DVD's for $9.95 instead of the regular one DVD for $9.95. Don't enter "WWW." as part of the "go.columbiahouse.com" address as that will not work correctly. Good luck on your code checking!

that looks alot like the standard dvd club. The only thing that changes when you add the DV2 code is the little banner at the top. Has anyone actually been approved applying that way??

duganrm 03-08-05 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by grivet
So one could theoretically have five CH dvd accounts open at one time?

2 DVD Club
2 DVD Club TV Edition
1 DV2

from what I have read here, I believe you can have 6. You can also have 2 DV2 accounts open (although there is probably no reason to have 2).

Big Worms 03-08-05 12:03 PM

that looks alot like the standard dvd club. The only thing that changes when you add the DV2 code is the little banner at the top. Has anyone actually been approved applying that way??

That is how I did it just last week.

duganrm 03-08-05 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Big Worms
That is how I did it just last week.

you got approved? Do you think it counts as a dvd club or dv2 club? are you only able to have 1 other dvd club open at a time or can you have 2 others.

Keith123 03-08-05 12:21 PM

I was approved and once you get your two selections entered and go to the next screen for entry of your address info and stuff- the text in the membership rules box are for the DV2 club...

Big Worms 03-08-05 12:29 PM

you got approved? Do you think it counts as a dvd club or dv2 club? are you only able to have 1 other dvd club open at a time or can you have 2 others.

I have 2 open dvd clubs (the normal ones) and now I have this one the dv2 club.

Big Worms 03-08-05 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by Keith123
I was approved and once you get your two selections entered and go to the next screen for entry of your address info and stuff- the text in the membership rules box are for the DV2 club...

This is exactly how you know that it falls under the DV2 club.

j-bo 03-08-05 02:31 PM

I may be missing something here. After I put in the HDX code......

In the "member details". It says you will be charged $9.95 for the club. Cancel within 10 days and it will be refunded.

"Choose 2 DVDs for $4.98 each, with free shipping! All you need to do is buy 1 DVDs over the next year at $19.95 or more plus shipping and processing"

My math may be screwy, but isn't this expensive? I don't see the benefit of joining.

SFranke 03-08-05 02:43 PM

$10 for two DVDs is a very good deal. You can always purchase a Deal of the Day title for your obligation.

zooiiks 03-08-05 02:56 PM

Wait a minute...$9.95 for two SETS or two DVDs? If you can get 2 sets and then fulfill with a DOD, that'd be killer. Could someone please clear this up for me? Thanks.