Community
Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

CH Enrollment Issue

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-04, 07:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CH Enrollment Issue

If anyone could give me any advice on what to do with the situation I would appreciate it. Just picked out some enrollments today using 67P and it went through fine and all, but I had a 6th choice I put on there (The General/Steamboat Bill Jr.), it even said on the site I had the 6 and the total price of what it was and such but then when I get the e-mail from them saying they will review my application it only has these 5..

DVD Count As Price

Goodfellas 1 selection 0.49
Apocalypse Now 1 selection 0.49
Aguirre, the Wrath of God 1 selection 0.49
The Lady From Shanghai 1 selection 0.49
Breathless 1 selection 0.49

Total Items 0 selections

What should I do? Thanks for any help.
Old 12-06-04, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If I recall from a previous membership of mine, that is the way they handle the enrollments - they consider the $14.95 DVD as a separate order, not part of the enrollment package, so it is not included in your welcome email. Another order confirmation might be sent for that disc.
Old 12-06-04, 08:12 PM
lad
Cool New Member

I would say don't worry until it arrives. The same thing happened to me last week. They said that the order only included 5 selections, but six were on the invoice that they mailed me when it shipped.

OTOH, when the package came, only three of the six in the enrollment list were included. :-(

Its just a part of the deal when using CH. You'll have to contact a CSR a relatively significant percentage of the time.
Old 12-07-04, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by cfloyd3
If anyone could give me any advice on what to do with the situation I would appreciate it. Just picked out some enrollments today using 67P and it went through fine and all, but I had a 6th choice I put on there (The General/Steamboat Bill Jr.), it even said on the site I had the 6 and the total price of what it was and such but then when I get the e-mail from them saying they will review my application it only has these 5..

DVD Count As Price

Goodfellas 1 selection 0.49
Apocalypse Now 1 selection 0.49
Aguirre, the Wrath of God 1 selection 0.49
The Lady From Shanghai 1 selection 0.49
Breathless 1 selection 0.49

Total Items 0 selections

What should I do? Thanks for any help.
On my last 2 accounts the same thing happened. Both times all 6 dvds were sent together. I think that is "standard" CH procedure. Give it a couple of days and see what happens. I would not call a csr until you know for sure something is wrong.
Old 12-08-04, 06:56 AM
Cool New Member

This happened to me last week. I was concerned about it but the application was lost (like my previous two web apps). I have a feeling this is a bug on their website.
Old 12-09-04, 04:08 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Edit: I misread your post. I thought this was your welcome email.

Last edited by island007; 12-09-04 at 08:18 PM.
Old 12-14-04, 09:46 AM

customer service had just emailed me about the same concern that you have. My account was lost due to an internal computer error. She resubmitted the membership and it should be arriving soon. what i would like to know is how does she know what code i used or what my 6th selection was if everything was lost. I emailed them again, hopefully they get back to me sooner than the 4 days it had already been.
Old 12-15-04, 06:53 AM
Cool New Member

This happened to me on my last 3 web attempts so I think it is a bug on their website. Unfortunately all 3 attempts at joining via the webpage failed (got the application e-mail but never the welcome e-mail) so I can't tell you if you'll get all of the enrollments you selected or not (assuming of course, that you actually get accepted).

My guess is that your application will probably be lost like mine were. I don't think the success rate via the web is very high. But if you do get a membership and you don't get all of your enrollments just call CH and tell them.
Old 12-15-04, 12:07 PM

i think am going to have to call from now on. Dagmar from customer service emailed me back and said I was approved and only told me 5 would be shipped and gave me the list. So i responded and gave him the 72sd code and told him the 6th dvd i want. another responce and the 6th dvd i asked for was put over the 5th dvd and now im back to 5 dvd's again. do these people even understand what im saying? well i emailed them back again, so tommorrow or who knows when should bring more frustrations,
Old 12-15-04, 06:10 PM

I received my 6 DVD's yesterday that I enrolled with for so I am pleased. Personally never had much problems with CH. Had to call a few times but I always got someone that I could understand very easily. Never a foreigner. Good luck to those opening new accounts.
Old 12-15-04, 10:20 PM

woo hoo, my account was corrected and a person from customer service sent an apology for all my troubles that I have had with their other customer service representatives (who apparently didnt understand the english language). too bad they didnt send me a gift certificate or a free dvd. but im happy now.
Old 12-15-04, 10:34 PM
Banned

Here's my odd enrollment dilemma -- for the longest time my online applications have always "disappeared" with no shipment or even a "sorry, your application has been declined" letter. So I've always had to get my memberships by calling them. My last few calls now have gotten rejection letters or no response at all. I was worried I might've been blacklisted (even though they keep sending the "please come back" junk mail), but I placed an online order for the hell of it and got a confirmation the very next day!
Old 12-15-04, 11:24 PM

i have been a columbia house member on and off for as long as i can remember, back in the vhs days, i never had a problem with the club until the last year or so where i have had to deal with people who just dont understand the english language. its a shame.

awesome stuff legolas, that was mighty quick confirmation!