DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Clubs (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-clubs-13/)
-   -   It's FS and it's back from the dead/Chillin' at the beach, down at Club Med (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-clubs/386797-its-fs-its-back-dead-chillin-beach-down-club-med.html)

SFranke 09-22-04 11:59 AM

It's FS and it's back from the dead/Chillin' at the beach, down at Club Med

According to my Offer Details page, I have free shipping on my account. I couldn't get it to work at the checkout, though.

By the way, FS is not combinable with Funcash, but it can certainly be combined with 40% off box sets.

love_DVDs 09-22-04 02:53 PM

How you get free shipping on box sets???? I also have FS on both accounts (read from the detail page) but couldnt get it through checkout. I think I get some problem with the website ehh
The FS also conflicts with the 0.99 preferred member bonus.

Jim 09-22-04 03:42 PM

Email them and see if they can process your order via email. Earlier this year, back about March, they had a 40% off box sets for a day or two + free shipping. I emailed that I couldn't get it to work and they replied "Tell me what you want and the prices you expect and we'll process your order." I actually got the deals too.

SC_Trojan 09-22-04 04:51 PM

I didn't have any free shipping in any of my accounts. As always, CH is a mistery.

ruk 09-22-04 06:00 PM

same here, no free shipping

Bill Needle 09-22-04 07:04 PM

Unlike
Sam the Butcher bringin' Alice the meat,
Columbia House will not ship at their treat.

thejester 09-22-04 07:35 PM

Is it really free S&H on your whole order, or just on the DS? I've seen that one (DS) on 2 of my accounts recently.

SFranke 09-22-04 08:00 PM

Get FREE SHIPPING & PROCESSING when you order 3 or more DVDs!
Save with this special holiday offer!
Please note: FunCash purchases and orders placed with expedited shipping are not eligible to participate in this Free Shipping & Processing offer.

I don't know what the holiday is. The Feast of Maximum Occupency?

thejester 09-22-04 09:15 PM

Is this an old TV Edition account? Those had the free S&H.

viking99 09-22-04 10:06 PM

I've got the same thing showing on my account, but it doesn't work. I think someone at CH messed up (again).

SFranke 09-22-04 10:26 PM

Originally posted by thejester
Is this an old TV Edition account? Those had the free S&H.
No, it's just a k4bd.

sumdeus 09-23-04 11:31 AM

Me Too?!?!

Originally posted by viking99
I've got the same thing showing on my account, but it doesn't work. I think someone at CH messed up (again).
I have the same offer showing on my unfulfilled account too:

Get FREE SHIPPING & PROCESSING when you order 3 or more DVDs!
Save with this special holiday offer!
Please note: FunCash purchases and orders placed with expedited shipping are not eligible to participate in this Free Shipping & Processing offer.

I tried fulfilling my account by ordering two sets of the "3 for $25" lot, but still got charged normal S&H! I tried using the $5 off first web order and I also tried without using the $5 off -- it didn't make any difference. Sent a message to CH Customer Service -- hopefully it will get fixed because this is too good to pass up! An Average price of $5.20 is about the best anyone could hope for ($17.40 for 6 enrollment DVDs + $45 for 6 fulfillment DVDs = $62.40/12 = $5.20 per DVD).

SFranke 09-23-04 01:26 PM

The $3 for 25 deal is a good way to rake up the Funcash, too.

viking99 09-23-04 01:43 PM

Originally posted by evitagen
The $3 for 25 deal is a good way to rake up the Funcash, too.
For me it yielded $6 in funcash (fulfilling with 3-for-25 x 2). Problem is, $6 funcash is useless. The cheapest DVD's at CH are $10, so 10 - 6 + 2.99 = $6.99. That would save me 17 cents over the normal deal, but there aren't really any $10 DVD's of interest.

SFranke 09-23-04 04:16 PM

Leave the account open and apply for a second account. When you fulfill, ask a CSR to transfer the Funcash to your first account. They will usually do so if you cancel the second account, and it helps if you get the Panama call center.

sumdeus 09-23-04 04:23 PM

Originally posted by evitagen
Leave the account open and apply for a second account. When you fulfill, ask a CSR to transfer the Funcash to your first account. They will usually do so if you cancel the second account, and it helps if you get the Panama call center.
Do the 2 accounts need to be in the same name in order to transfer the fun cash?

SFranke 09-23-04 04:43 PM

Perhaps, I do not know. I do know that they don't have to be the same address.

Bill Needle 09-23-04 05:36 PM

You never know when fun cash migth come in handy. I used $1 in fun cash (all I had on the account) when the box sets were going for 55% off. Even with shipping (and only $1 off) it was an amazing deal.