Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains > DVD Clubs
Reload this Page >

New site to get a free iPod mini (requires only six offers)

DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

New site to get a free iPod mini (requires only six offers)

Old 05-16-04, 12:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah at least with freedvds.com or netflip,they might have been late but still paid up.freeslide is fraud.I would avoid them.
Old 05-18-04, 10:10 PM

Wow, I'd pretty much classify this as dead about now. They changed the offer requirements today. Now instead of a 14 day free trial to ancestry.com, for example, where you could cancel any time before the 14 days, you now have to be a member for over 14 days to get the point. So instead of a free trial, you have to pay $99! Miracleburn now requires you to order a months supply. And on and on it goes... In the end you'd have spent more on the offers than it would cost to buy an ipod mini.

Of course I haven't verified that this changes anything, like they might just be warnings that don't mean anything, but I doubt it.
Old 06-08-04, 01:41 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

As I logged in today to check my status this is what I found.....

Because you originally registered with Freeslide prior to June 4, 2004, you have the option of completing the offer requirements under the terms and conditions as they existed on the date of your original registration or completing the offer under the terms and conditions as they currently exist. If you have questions regarding your status please email us at [email protected] Your status under both models is shown below.

For all those people that now sign up or didn't register before June 4th you have to complete 1 offer from each of their 3 pages with each page offer getting higher in dollar value to complete.

But those that did register before that date can still complete it under the old terms.
I am waiting to hear back from them as to if there is an offer from the new terms offers that we might like can we complete that and have the action point still count for us.
Old 06-08-04, 01:51 AM

Oh also I was reading some of these old posts and it had this

02 - AOL for Broadband
05 - Stamps.com
08 - BMG Music Club
09 - Columbia House DVD Club
10 - Video Professor
13 - Ancestry.com
15 - Netflix
16 - Ebay
17 - Trimlife
19 - Bargain.com
20 - AOL 9.0
49 = Curb Your Cravings
51 = NY Tines Home Delivery
53 = Miracle Burn
Had any one copied one of the links, then changed the number, signed up for the new offer, and actually got the point?

I have a feeling they changed this offer because so many people were signing up for this and they must have been really loosing money. (and iPods )

When I came across this offer on a different web site I checked out sbase and some of the other promo deals they offered and noticed that how you had to sign up for offers on them is now how you have to with their new set up.
Old 06-16-04, 02:59 PM

Wow, I just got an email from them telling me that they shipped my check out today. I'll let you guys know if/when it gets here.
Old 06-16-04, 05:30 PM

What kind of check ?
Old 06-16-04, 06:02 PM

Well, since they were running low on ipod minis, they gave me the option to choose one of the other promo items (dvd player, ps2, etc...) or just have them send me a $250 check (what the ipod mini costs). So, I just choose the check.
Old 06-16-04, 07:54 PM

Wow that's cool !!!!!!

Are iPod Mini's still that hard to get ahold of from Apple like they were when they first came out ?
Old 06-23-04, 02:19 PM

Ok guys, I got the check in the mail yesterday! Did anyone else complete the six offers and get anything?
Old 06-26-04, 09:48 AM

Originally posted by bdrules
Ok guys, I got the check in the mail yesterday! Did anyone else complete the six offers and get anything?
My 6th credit just showed up 2 nights ago and I wanted to ask you how long after you had all 6 did your email from them show up?
Old 06-28-04, 03:22 PM

It showed up in about a day if I remember right. I replied to it with my info, and never heard anything back. A month later, I emailed them asking if my email got lost or anything because I hadn't heard or recieved anything. So they sent the email again and I sent the info. A couple of days later they sent me an email saying they sent the check that day. A couple days later I recieved it.
Old 06-28-04, 03:39 PM

Awesome I just got the email last night and I am going to be sending my info off to them soon but in the email this is something that they are saying now. Hope all goes well for this.

Recently, Freeslide has noticed a marked increase in the fraudulent use of Freeslide Referral Links. Such uses include spamming, posting in message boards, and using the links in eBay auctions. Some especially nefarious users are even selling their link in an ebook format along with other information about our offer.

Due to the increased level of fraudulent activity, all accounts who qualify for a free gift must now be inspected to determine if there is a reasonable suspicion that the owner of the account has violated our terms of use prior to the shipment of their gift.

Your account has been forwarded to our redemption department for review. Once it is determined that your account is in compliance, we will send you an email notification that your gift will be shipped. Due to our current backlog, please allow us a week to ten days to review your account.

We apologize for any extra delay that the review process may cause. However, we are determined not to allow the bad actions of a few spoil the enjoyment of our offers for our customers and advertisers.
Old 07-07-04, 01:48 AM

Well I got the email saying it's shipping on the 7th of July so I am hoping to see what color shows up cause they didn't ask or let me choose.
Old 07-08-04, 11:28 PM

I sent them an email and they have said that it's going to be a silver one. Fine with me.
Old 07-20-04, 12:29 PM

has anyone ever recieved an ipod from this site?
Old 07-20-04, 02:26 PM

Originally posted by gfoots
has anyone ever recieved an ipod from this site?
Just got mine last week.

But if you are just signing up now to do this it is not worth it any more.

They changed their terms and it is alot harder now. But there is another site and it is a bit easier.

www.freeipods.com
Old 08-15-04, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

A friend hooked me into doing the freeipods deal. Although to anyone attempting to do it, good luck on getting 5 other folks to sign up. So far I have been able to get 1 person to do it.
Old 08-15-04, 04:58 PM

I have goten about 4 people to sign up and hoping the 5 is on the way. One of the people that I have gotten to sign up say his is being shipped real soon. So some one below me has even done it faster that me the referer.
Old 08-19-04, 12:13 PM

freeipods is owned by gratis freedvds.com ,it might be late but you will get your freeipod for christmas.
Old 08-19-04, 05:38 PM

Originally posted by bloopbleep
freeipods is owned by gratis freedvds.com ,it might be late but you will get your freeipod for christmas.
bloopbleep Have you gotten yours yet ?