DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Clubs (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-clubs-13/)
-   -   New site to get a free iPod mini (requires only six offers) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-clubs/360356-new-site-get-free-ipod-mini-requires-only-six-offers.html)

ClownFace666 04-28-04 09:18 PM

CloverClover,

I agree. No sure why.

Hope we dont only get 3 points and they somehow manage to forget and credit the other 3.

Will this site manually credit points?

bdrules 04-28-04 11:03 PM

I think the reason that it takes different amounts of time for the points to credit is because the companies send out a "sign up tally" to freeslide every few days. Like for example ebay may send it out every monday, so people that sign up on saturday will get the point in two days, but people who sign up on tuesday won't get it for another six days.

Just my guess...

ClownFace666 04-28-04 11:29 PM

Originally posted by bdrules
I think the reason that it takes different amounts of time for the points to credit is because the companies send out a "sign up tally" to freeslide every few days. Like for example ebay may send it out every monday, so people that sign up on saturday will get the point in two days, but people who sign up on tuesday won't get it for another six days.

Just my guess...

I hope so. That would be fine then.

I did do 6 offers. I am just hoping to get all 6.

By the way, have you received any referral points yet like you should have?

Just curious.

bdrules 04-29-04 12:22 PM

Originally posted by ClownFace666
I hope so. That would be fine then.

I did do 6 offers. I am just hoping to get all 6.

By the way, have you received any referral points yet like you should have?

Just curious.

Yeah, one just showed up. Thanks guys that let me refer you.

ClownFace666 04-30-04 08:56 PM

Why are all these links dead?

I dont even remember the link for checking into my own account. Damn. Should have wrote it down.

BDrules,

I have sent you an email through your profile asking you for correct info. Please respond. This is important.

Thank You.

CloverClover 04-30-04 10:40 PM

Hey Clownface, the link to check the account is:

http://sbase30.com/promotions/status.php

ClownFace666 05-01-04 12:28 AM

Originally posted by CloverClover
Hey Clownface, the link to check the account is:

http://---/promotions/status.php

Clover,

Check them out. They are all dead. At least for me.

On my screen most of the link is there, but someone removed parts of the links after http: and replaced them with

---

This is in most of the links and has killed them off for me.

Check them yourself and see if they work for you. If they do, report back.

Thank you.

bdrules 05-01-04 02:08 AM

Ok guys, this is kind of weird. I don't know what is going on but it seems that it is blocking sbase31.com (change 31 to 30) and replacing it with --- in the addresses. Why would it do that? Is a mod doing it? I don't know why, since there is no referral or anything in them?

Doesn't make sense really. If a mod doesn't want me to post it (and I really don't know what is wrong with it), then I'll remove the post... Again, there isn't any referral in any of those links...

ClownFace666 05-07-04 01:34 AM

Has anyone received all their points yet???

I still have not received Ancestory, Miracle Burn, or Curb your Cravings and it's been over a week.

bdrules 05-07-04 12:12 PM

I only need one more point....

...waiting...waiting....waiting....

JEStinson3 05-07-04 03:57 PM

Still waiting on Trimlife. Ancestry, bargain.com, ebay, AOL, and miracle burn have all credited.

gfoots 05-08-04 04:14 PM

Do any of these offers accept Web Certificates?

bdrules 05-08-04 07:31 PM

Originally posted by gfoots
Do any of these offers accept Web Certificates?
Sure. I'm pretty sure just about all of them will (if you have enough money to cover the charge, of course). To them, all a WC is is a debit card.

tmorrell 05-09-04 09:26 PM

I did the stamps.com and ancestry deals 2 weeks ago and still no credit. I e-mailed support and they were no help

ClownFace666 05-10-04 01:18 AM

Originally posted by tmorrell
I did the stamps.com and ancestry deals 2 weeks ago and still no credit. I e-mailed support and they were no help
Did they email you back?

What did they say?

tmorrell 05-10-04 06:30 AM

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your email to our priority support team.

The terms and conditions of our offer can be easily accessed from our webpage. Those terms clearly explain the requirements you must fulfill to receive the free Promotional Item. We encourage you to review them for yourself at this web address:

http://---/promotions/gift_terms.htm.

Currently your status is pending. It can take up to 2 weeks for your advertiser to process your order and to notify us that you have completed it. When we are notified you have completed the process you will be sent an email to confirm your mailing address.

You may check your redemption status at anytime by signing in at the following website:

http://www.freeslide.com/campromo/status.php

Please feel free to contact us again if you have any more questions about the redemption process. It will be our pleasure to help you.

Sincerely,

Freeslide Priority Support Team

JEStinson3 05-10-04 05:43 PM

Anybody get all 6 points yet?

bdrules 05-11-04 08:22 PM

Anybody willing to start a dedicated FAQ thread on freeslide?

ClownFace666 05-11-04 08:44 PM

Originally posted by bdrules
Anybody willing to start a dedicated FAQ thread on freeslide?
We dont even know if this site is legitimate yet. I have checked several boards including Fat Wallet. No one has received any items and they seem to be giving them the run around.

I still have not received all my points even though I completed all the offers weeks ago.

yourmomlikesemo 05-13-04 10:52 AM

A member of the FreeSlide staff is even posting on the thread on FatWallet. It looks like this site is super shady.

bloopbleep 05-13-04 10:52 AM

check out fatwallet,freeslide is a fraud,hundreds of angry customers,when you use thier search over there,type in ipod or freeslide.

bdrules 05-13-04 12:29 PM

Yeah, everybody hold off on signing up for these guys...I've not yet got my account cancelled (I did bargain.com), but I'll let you guys know. I've got my six points and am waiting for them to email me.

ClownFace666 05-13-04 06:32 PM

Yep,

I dont blame anyone, but I should have listened to that first guy who posted here who said this might be shady.

None of my emails have been returned and I did complete all offers in a legitimate way.

We most likely have been had.

Grrrrr!!!!!!!

Well, I went in fully knowing I may not have gotten anything. I took that risk. But, knowing how shady this ended up to be (They are getting away with this everywhere), I will now by writing to the BBB and will be reporting this site to the authorities for internet fraud.

I will also be notifying the companies for offers I completed. These companies are paying Freeslide under false intentions. Freeslide is ripping off these companies too by keeping all the commissions these companies are paying.

Maybe these companies can do something even though many of us cant.

Freeslide is commiting Fraud not only with it's customers, but also with the companies paying them. They have used the BBB as a front.

P.S. They will probably send some items to some customers to appear legitimate, but will continue to rip people off. Remember most people dont even complain due to hassel.

With all the people complaining, that means there are many more who have not said anything, but have also been taken advantage of as well.

bdrules 05-14-04 02:22 PM

Ok guys, I've got my six points and just recieved the email asking for my address. We'll see how this goes...

scroll2b 05-16-04 05:56 AM

This is sad.