Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains > DVD Clubs
Reload this Page >

CH Enrollment Codes (Previously "Better Code Thread")

Community
Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

CH Enrollment Codes (Previously "Better Code Thread")

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-06, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What are these 6:1 codes?
Old 08-22-06, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

^6:1 codes, such as K7L, are the lowest cost codes around. They are described in the first post in this thread.

They only work on-line, not on the phone, and my impression is that only those who have had few or no previous accounts will get applications accepted. But they are worth a try if one is placing on on-line application.

A strategy note: it is often best to use the codes as 5:2 codes (skip the $14.95 bonus). Then you can buy a set worth two commitments as a fulfillment or you can use a B1G1F sale offer code to get two freebies.

Last edited by lizard; 08-22-06 at 10:56 AM.
Old 08-22-06, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Ah, thank you. I've had more CH accounts than I can count so I doubt I'd get accepted but I'll give it a try.
Old 08-25-06, 07:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
been out of the game for awhile... just tried to call in a LMT enrollment, was stunned to hear its not valid... had a very nice CSR who asked me the details of my code, and said he would be able to get me that deal even w/o a code. Took CC info and no PSN. we'll see how this goes.
Old 08-25-06, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Don't know if it was the 42M code, me choosing "Bill Me" or my being taken off of CHs' infamous BlackList? Whatever it was, I was finally able to get an order @ one of my addresses for the 1st time in almost a year.

More than a year ago, I closed the accounts @ that address with "Deceased". Since then, I had no success even getting a letter of rejection in several tries (web & phone) - until today. I had decided to not try for a long while (8+ months) & then I tried last week.
Old 08-26-06, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by JoN8282
been out of the game for awhile... just tried to call in a LMT enrollment, was stunned to hear its not valid... had a very nice CSR who asked me the details of my code, and said he would be able to get me that deal even w/o a code. Took CC info and no PSN. we'll see how this goes.
Yes, nearly all of the best codes no longer work on the phone. Last I heard, only EBP and its relatives still did work on the phone.
Old 08-26-06, 01:36 PM

fyi - Since the demise of the phone codes, I've been able to get two successive web apps approved (about 6 weeks apart). I was able to get the second one this past week despite the first still being open. I fit the profile of an account-cycler, so in the past web apps were very difficult. Hopefully, this is a sign that CH has loosened the web apps for those of us who cycle accounts.
Old 08-27-06, 07:05 PM
Cool New Member

Hey all, I just finished enrolling and paying via credit card. Does anyone know how long it usually takes to be able to access the website, I need a membership number, and how long it will take for the initial shipment of DVDs to arrive? Thanks!
Old 08-28-06, 01:46 PM

Assuming you applied over the web, you may get a welcome email (w/account number) within 2 or 3 days. The enrollment shippment will likely arrive in 7 - 10 days.
Old 08-29-06, 04:29 PM
Banned

This is strange. My web sign-ups would get "lost" like 95% of the time while all my phone applications would go through without a hitch. Now that all the good codes are being rejected over the phone, I'm having no problems getting HDL accepted over and over again online for the TV Club.
Old 08-30-06, 10:04 AM

I just put a web app in on Sunday, received my confirmation, but have yet to receive my welcome email. Hopefully I'll get one today or tomorrow. This will be my 4th attempt at a web app since May. My eight attempt since November with only 1 success. I've only had 4 accounts in the past 4 years and have 0 open now. Hopefully this new one will work.

EDIT: Still no email. I'll wait a few more days and then I'll just do it by phone.

Last edited by glasschicken; 09-01-06 at 11:30 AM.
Old 09-04-06, 11:53 PM

Thank you to Lizard for keeping up with the ongoing questions in this thread. Im not as active with CH as I used to be.
Old 09-05-06, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by ITALIAN926
Thank you to Lizard for keeping up with the ongoing questions in this thread. Im not as active with CH as I used to be.
Nor I. My last (successful) account was opened in February (TV Edition). But I have the time and I appreciate all the hard work done by those who helped me get a lot of inexpensive DVDs from Columbia House over the last five plus years.

For now, I am marking time until CH offers HD DVD (I hope!). I also find plumbing the secrets of CH and optimizing purchases an interesting game.
Old 09-07-06, 07:42 PM

Well, after several attempts at enrolling online and not getting anywhere (sometimes I didn't even get the "Thank you for your application" ones) I called and used the EBP code. I'll post on if and when I get accepted.
Old 09-08-06, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by glasschicken
I just put a web app in on Sunday, received my confirmation, but have yet to receive my welcome email. Hopefully I'll get one today or tomorrow. This will be my 4th attempt at a web app since May. My eight attempt since November with only 1 success. I've only had 4 accounts in the past 4 years and have 0 open now. Hopefully this new one will work.

EDIT: Still no email. I'll wait a few more days and then I'll just do it by phone.
Just got my welcome email on a web app via a CH email offer (7/2). Couldn't determine what the offer code was even looking at the source code on the "Details" page. Can someone tell me how to do that? Also, are these individual codes? Thanks.
Old 09-08-06, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by DVDHound
Just got my welcome email on a web app via a CH email offer (7/2). Couldn't determine what the offer code was even looking at the source code on the "Details" page. Can someone tell me how to do that? Also, are these individual codes? Thanks.
If you click on the "We want you back" e-mail link it will open a web page. The end of the URL will be the enrollment code. For example, I got one that ends in ...dk=42D. The enrollment code is "42D", a good 7:2 code.

While the codes vary depending on which e-mail offer you are sent, the enrollment codes are generally useable by anyone.
Old 09-08-06, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by lizard
If you click on the "We want you back" e-mail link it will open a web page. The end of the URL will be the enrollment code. For example, I got one that ends in ...dk=42D. The enrollment code is "42D", a good 7:2 code.

While the codes vary depending on which e-mail offer you are sent, the enrollment codes are generally useable by anyone.
Thanks. Code was 42S. Took about 5 days to get welcome email.
Old 09-17-06, 10:33 AM
Banned

Do any of the codes work now? I was going to place an order today (new enrollment) and I keep getting buy 5 more to fullfill commitment (4 if i buy one for $15). Shouldn't it be to only buy 2 more to fullfill my commitment with these codes?
Old 09-17-06, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by king slug
Do any of the codes work now? I was going to place an order today (new enrollment) and I keep getting buy 5 more to fullfill commitment (4 if i buy one for $15). Shouldn't it be to only buy 2 more to fullfill my commitment with these codes?
I did LMT last night and it worked
Old 09-17-06, 11:07 AM
Banned

That code worked, I just don't have a psn though. :/
Old 09-17-06, 01:13 PM
Banned

Nevermind. I got the EBP code to work.
Old 09-17-06, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts
I used LMT just the other day and it still works and it didn't even ask me for a credit card, only for a preferred number (I put in one of my other account numbers and it accepted it). I never thought the application would go through, I just did it to see if it would happen. Lo and behold in less than 7 days the dvds were at my house.
Old 09-28-06, 06:11 AM

just applied with EBP....hopin this one goes through [makes account number *GASP* 3 total for me]
Old 10-03-06, 03:33 PM

I hope this isn't redundant, so here goes. I received some postal mail today from the Columbia House TV-DVD club. The offer is for 2 DVD sets... billed $19.95 for the first, and the second for free, with free shipping. The committment is two purchases. This is like the HDL code, yes?

The code for this deal is 57D and I just tried entering it on the www.chtvedition.com site and received the following terms:

"It's true. Get 1 set free when you buy one set for $19.95, with free shipping on this order! All you need to do is buy 2 more DVDs in the next year at regular Club prices (currently as low as $19.95 each plus shipping and processing). You may cancel anytime thereafter by contacting Customer Service."

Anyhow, I hope this may be of help and/or interest to some of you.

-Slappy
Old 10-03-06, 03:52 PM
Jim
DVD Talk Gold Edition

^
With the HDL code you pay $9.95, not $19.95.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.