Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains > DVD Clubs
Reload this Page >

How long does it take for CH to "lose" a fulfillment order?

DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Old 03-27-03, 12:15 PM

Location: The Fair City of Detroit, ok, The Fair Suburbs of Detroit
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know that it has to be at least six weeks for CH to admit that they have lost an enrollment order, and I was wondering if this time frame applies to fulfillments as well?

I ordered Band of Brothers about three weeks ago, and I got the shipping confirmation shortly after that, but I haven't recieved the package yet.

Plus, I've never had an order from CH lost (knock on wood), what do I do if I never recieve this package. Do they have a way to track the package and see if it was ever delivered? Is it generally easy to get a replacement sent out?

Thanks for all your help.

P.S. I just wanted to say thank you to all the people who work hard to save me money on my DVDs.
Old 03-27-03, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hey ditto on JEStinson's thanks.

The 6 week thing is just too ridiculous IMHO. Do they actually honor that and resend missing shipments if they don't show up in 6 weeks. All my shipments except one have arrived within a week of the day CH says they went out. So at the outside, 3 weeks should be the max time you have to wait.
Old 03-27-03, 02:20 PM

i had my fulfillments ship on march 6th...still waiting....what is going on here?
Old 03-27-03, 03:21 PM

they ship media mail. ch says 4-6 weeks because that's the time frame of media mail.
Old 03-27-03, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

But wtf is the problem when one gets numerous shipments from them within 1 week, then all of a sudden 1 shipment is 2 weeks and still waiting, (or more like Pyser)?
Old 03-27-03, 06:06 PM

No one knows. CH is crazy. Give them a call if it's been a while, but most likely they'll just tell you to wait the six weeks.
Old 03-28-03, 07:55 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
I emailed them after 1 month of waiting for a fulfilment order. They responded right away saying they would resend the items. Credit has been refunded ... I am guessing they will put the charge back once the items ship again? I am now hoping they arrive soon. I never did not a confirmation email that they shipped the items. Maybe mine slipped through the cracks and they are just now shipping? I dunno.
Old 03-28-03, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by chowderhead
... I am guessing they will put the charge back once the items ship again? ...
Yes, CH refunds the charge for the original order then makes a new charge when the replacement order is processed.
Old 03-28-03, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by lizard
Yes, CH refunds the charge for the original order then makes a new charge when the replacement order is processed.
I know it's no big deal, but why don't they just ship out the replacement order, why mess with the charges?

Well I called about my order that is alomst 3 weeks since I placed the order, 3/8 and over 2 weeks since they said it shipped out, 3/13. They, of course, gave me the standard BS about having to wait 6 weeks for an enrollment order. Well I sure hope it turns up, if not I will be calling them when it has been 6 weeks since I placed the order and they better send me the replacement order, no hassles.

Last edited by Qui-Gon John; 03-28-03 at 01:09 PM.
Old 03-28-03, 02:39 PM

It takes about six seconds for CH to "lose" an order.

It takes about six weeks for CH to admit it.
Old 03-28-03, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Qui-Gon John
I know it's no big deal, but why don't they just ship out the replacement order, why mess with the charges?...
I think it is a bookeeping thing. Technically the replacement is a new order. I agree it is nuisance to figure out what those odd credits and charges are on a credit card statement. But it all adds up eventually.
Old 03-28-03, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Another Update:

Got my mail today and still my missing enrollment order, (shipped 3/13), didn't show up, now 2 weeks and 1 day since they said it shipped.

By the way I did get another enrollment shipment today, (3/28), for another CVX account and the "Your DVD's are on the Way" e-mail was dated 3/23, LAST SUNDAY.

I'm telling you I really think the shipment which went out on 3/13 is gone and I'm not gonna see it until I wait the 6 weeks these a$$-clowns make you wait and then get them to send the replacement order.

PERIL EYES - Good one, you hit the nail on the head with that post!
Old 03-28-03, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I think the way media mail works is that it needs to ship within like 3 or 4 days from each stop along the way. It's not like it just goes on the truck and goes straight to you. If there are 5 different intermediate offices, it might get to you fast (if they put it on the first truck), or it might take 20 days or more (if it's busy for some reason, or there just short-staffed, and they keep pushing it back).
Old 03-28-03, 06:05 PM

Yes Qui-Gon, it stinks but there's nothing you can do. And to be truthful, I'm not even convinced it's lost yet. Give it another week or two and it will convince me. Although orders often come sooner, two weeks is not long at all in CH-time. If it's bothering you a real lot, place a new order with different DVDs.
Old 03-28-03, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Bosh, what is bugging me so much about it is that I have gotten many boxes from CH already and except for this one, none has taken even a full week, from the date they say they shipped it. And that enrollment order I paid for, placed my fulfillment order on and paid for and received it, and cancelled the account. But still no movies $43.85 plus $17.40 for 3 movies is a hell of a lot of money. I have moved on to other orders but that does not negate the facts of this missing order. Like I said, I have received 4 boxes from CH so far, which all shipped after this one, that seems very unlikely, unless like I said elsewhere, it got stuck on a truck to Seattle and nobody at USPS has realized it's been mis-directed yet.
Old 03-29-03, 07:53 PM

I have the same problems as above. My previous orders used to
arrive in a week after an email notification. However, my recent enrollment order and fullfillment package was sent from CH about 2 or 3 weeks ago, I haven't receive them. That's really weird.
Old 03-30-03, 12:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by Ginwen
I think the way media mail works is that it needs to ship within like 3 or 4 days from each stop along the way. It's not like it just goes on the truck and goes straight to you. If there are 5 different intermediate offices, it might get to you fast (if they put it on the first truck), or it might take 20 days or more (if it's busy for some reason, or there just short-staffed, and they keep pushing it back).
You hit the nail right on the head. Now, just be patient and wait for your packages. If it doesn't come after 4-6 weeks, then call CH, but until then just be patient or go to a B&M store for instant gratification and pay 2-3 times as much.

Like I've said before, at CH there's a tradeoff, you get DVDs cheap but you have to wait a lot longer sometimes.

BTW, I'm in the same boat...waitin' for an enrollment package for over 2 weeks and still no DVDs, but it's all good, it'll be resolved soon enough.

Finally, not an attack on you, but I don't think there's a need to give a daily update on your status on whether you received your enrollment package. Just be patient and you'll get your DVDs.
Old 03-30-03, 08:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

dabomb, OK, but actually I was only updating when another milestone occured or in response to someones coments or questions. Like getting another package which shipped after this missing one, (4 so far), to illustrate how my 'normal' shipping from CH has been less than a week OR talking to a CSR about it, etc. On Thurs I was talking to my mailman about it, just asked if he had a box for me and we discussed it a bit. When he left the enrollment package on Fri. with my daughter, he thought it was the box I had been missing. Well, of course, that Fri. package had only left CH last Sunday, (according to their email). So I saw him again yesterday, (Sat.), and he asked if that was the one I was looking for and I told him the rest of the story, nope, the one I still haven't gotten shipped on 3/13. He said he can't believe I didn't get it yet, but he'd keep an eye out for it.

UPDATE 4/1/03: (I'll update in the same post since dabomb gets upset when I update and this bumps up). Anyway, yesterday, Mon 3/31 I got yet another (5th package) from CH that shipped after my STILL missing 3/13 shipment. This fulfillment package shipped from CH on Thursday 3/27. This is the kind of shipping time I usually get. My last enrollment package (above) shipped on Sunday, received on Friday. I also got an email reply from CH with the same stupid 6 week line, that is the part that infuriates me the most.

Last edited by Qui-Gon John; 04-01-03 at 08:07 AM.
Old 04-02-03, 09:00 PM

just got my fulfillments that shipped on march 6th. almost 4 weeks later. the box was beat to hell, and had an added zip code sticker bar-code thing on it, but, the dvds appear to be fine. hang in there guys, theyll come!
Old 04-03-03, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Sadistic Postal Workers. In my case they must see FL on the box and say, hmm, FL, that must mean Far Left, let's throw this on the truck to California.

Well I still haven't gotten my shipment that left on 3/13. BUT, I just got an email from someone at CH, in response to my second complaint, that they are processing a replacement shipment!!!
Old 04-22-03, 03:29 PM

You actually got an email reply? How long did you have to wait for it? I've been waiting 4 days, and still haven't gotten one.
I've been waiting since 3/24 for an enrollment package. Is everyone experiencing slow shipping times this month? Last account I had, I rec'd my enrollments within a week of ship date.

Last edited by lateshowrob; 04-22-03 at 03:46 PM.
Old 04-22-03, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by lateshowrob
You actually got an email reply? How long did you have to wait for it? I've been waiting 4 days, and still haven't gotten one.
I've been waiting since 3/24 for an enrollment package. Is everyone experiencing slow shipping times this month? Last account I had, I rec'd my enrollments within a week of ship date.
it usually takes 2-3 days for a reply. first they'll send you a really really generic e-mail. You can then reply back to that and they'll send you a real reply.

I ordered on 3-12-03, was charged on 3-14-03 and they say that it shipped on 3-15-03. However, they said that they must wait 6 weeks to declare it lost so Qui-Gon was lucky I guess in them declaring it lost after 3 weeks.

Oh wells, by Friday/Saturday, it'll be 6 weeks and I'll call in again.
Old 04-22-03, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yes I guess I was lucky. It showed up a few days later, they had sent it UPS, no charge to me. And the missing one still has not shown up, from 3/13. I think it either got lost/stolen in shipment OR as someone else mentioned, sometimes orders get "lost" in the warehouse and never actually go out, especially if the fulfillment order hits the warehouse at the same time.
Old 07-07-05, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by Qui-Gon John
I know it's no big deal, but why don't they just ship out the replacement order, why mess with the charges?
I got a letter yesterday (7/6/05) from the CH collection division and they are trying to collect $8.96 (on a closed account) in shipping and processing fees for returned titles that I never returned. The titles were a (April)funcash order ($10.91) that I never received. I requested a replacement set after 4 weeks they were supposedly shipped. They gave me 4 refunds (1 for each dvd movie) that added up to $10.91, and then charged my card $8.96 for shipping the replacements. My order ended up $1.95 cheaper. I emailed them, hopefully they'll discover *their* error in billing me another $8.96.