Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains > DVD Clubs
Reload this Page >

The Columbia House TV-Greats Club FAQ (DVDs for under $5 incl s/h- not just TV!) PT2

Community
Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

The Columbia House TV-Greats Club FAQ (DVDs for under $5 incl s/h- not just TV!) PT2

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-03, 12:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can't find info on an SE of Patton. The version at TVGreats is the "Fox War Classics" version. The only other version I see at DVDPricesearch is an OOP which appears to have sported an additional documentary and the motion picture score as extras apparently not on this one.
Old 06-16-03, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by ScottyWH
I can't find info on an SE of Patton. The version at TVGreats is the "Fox War Classics" version. The only other version I see at DVDPricesearch is an OOP which appears to have sported an additional documentary and the motion picture score as extras apparently not on this one.
Yeah, the SE is a 2-disc set which has been out of print for a few years now.
Old 06-18-03, 02:43 PM

Stupid question of the day, where do I enter these online codes? I go to the tv greats website, and cant find anything to enter a coupon code.
Old 06-18-03, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally posted by menaz
Stupid question of the day, where do I enter these online codes? I go to the tv greats website, and cant find anything to enter a coupon code.
Just go to the URL below

Old 06-24-03, 02:54 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
TV Greats Not So Great

Well I had ordered The Prisoner and received the first disc to discover that one of the ears that hold the center hub of the disc inside the case had broken and the disc arrived severely scratched. I got CH to send a replacement and they sent a prepaid mailer to return the first disc. I received the replacement disc and it had either come loose inside the case or was never pushed down far enough to lock the disc on the ears that hold it in place, and it also arrived scratched. Decided to give up trying and CH is now sending a mailer to return it also. At my request they are cancelling the account and refunding my money. Hopefully they will actually refund my money. I did manage to receive Star Trek The Motion Picture as part of another TV Greats deal. I will now only join if I am able to get movies, because apparently the cases they use for the TV episodes are just so cheap it seems impossible to get them to your door in good shape.
Old 06-26-03, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Ginwen
Just go to the URL below
Why isn't this crucial info part of the FAQ (first page)?
Old 06-28-03, 09:30 AM

I have some questions I can't find in the FAQ. I've also read the first two and last two pages of this thread and didn't get them answered.

Am I correct that the faq is just for the enrollment discounts?

Thats fine and all but I'm more interested in how long it takes to get the entire series? Once I sign up can I just buy all of the dvds in a certain series? Do they list them all? I can't get a list on their web site, I'm not a member yet.

Can I buy more than one copy of a title if I'm paying full boat?

Thanks
Old 06-28-03, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Call them up. They do have lists in their computer that show what all the discs in a series are and they can best answer the rest of your questions directly as well, I suspect.
Old 06-30-03, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Is there any way to get Patton besides the $4.95 + $3.99 shipping option?
Old 06-30-03, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

yep...

go through any one of the number of rewards sites (i.e. mypoints.com, freedvds.com, freedvd4me.com, or any of the others...) These sites seem to all have the same signup deal, which is a "free" introductory volume plus $3.95 shipping (+tax ...which is ludicrous really since shipping / handling is a service and not a product and thereby should not be taxed... at least in my state). Hope that helps.
Old 06-30-03, 10:40 AM

Is there anyway to get a list of all available Series, not discs, so I can decide if I want to sign up?
Old 06-30-03, 11:54 AM

yep...

go through any one of the number of rewards sites (i.e. mypoints.com, freedvds.com, freedvd4me.com, or any of the others...) These sites seem to all have the same signup deal, which is a "free" introductory volume plus $3.95 shipping (+tax ...which is ludicrous really since shipping / handling is a service and not a product and thereby should not be taxed... at least in my state). Hope that helps.
Finally got it to work through freedvds.com, thanks!

I just hope "WWII MOVIES ON DVD" actually gets me a Patton DVD, since I wasn't able to see any details for that club.
Old 06-30-03, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You won't have any problem. That is how I got my copy of Patton.

oops... edited to correct spelling error... hehe

Last edited by ScottyWH; 07-12-03 at 12:19 PM.
Old 07-10-03, 08:46 PM
Banned

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Old 07-14-03, 10:05 AM

Haven't gotten an answer to this yet.

If I sign up can I buy all of the discs in a series are once instead of waiting 4-6 weeks for each disc?

Thanks
Old 07-14-03, 02:25 PM
Suspended

Originally posted by mrwilson
Haven't gotten an answer to this yet.

If I sign up can I buy all of the discs in a series are once instead of waiting 4-6 weeks for each disc?
Yes you can - and you'll get a price break doing so. It's 15 percent off each disc beyond the first one, or about 15-18 bucks after shipping. It's not a great price, but better than the wait every month and get one at a time.

I dont think you can jump on this through the normal phone order operators. You might have to call the customer service line to cut the deal.

Last edited by El-Kabong; 07-14-03 at 02:27 PM.
Old 07-14-03, 03:56 PM

Great, thanks!
Old 07-14-03, 07:00 PM

well i ordered the x-files dvd... a short time later the box arrived. i called, charged the $0.89 to my credit card and canceled the account in the same call. i then went on-line to do it again.

this time i ordered the powerpuff girls dvd. what arrived in the mail was danielle steel's kaleidoscope vhs. now wtf happened there? anyway, i called up and the gal (after much explaining) said she'd send me a sase and that they'd send me the correct selection when they've recieved the tape.

any similar problems?

/< eith
Old 07-14-03, 07:48 PM

Originally posted by chaos421
well i ordered the x-files dvd... a short time later the box arrived. i called, charged the $0.89 to my credit card and canceled the account in the same call. i then went on-line to do it again.

this time i ordered the powerpuff girls dvd. what arrived in the mail was danielle steel's kaleidoscope vhs. now wtf happened there? anyway, i called up and the gal (after much explaining) said she'd send me a sase and that they'd send me the correct selection when they've recieved the tape.

any similar problems?

/< eith
Oh man, when I first heard about that deal, I signed up for X-files and Star Trek: TOS. I ended up getting two of each (and two account numbers for each.) Trek was $4.95, so I returned the extra one, but X-files was $.94 so I kept that and gave it away. I cancelled all four when I sent in the payments, but one of the X-files still sent me the next installment, so I had to get a return sticker.
Old 07-15-03, 06:59 PM

For those who have ordered Star Trek The Movie collection:

I've read through the thread and tried a number of different codes (BB7L BNYL BNLL BPAL AEYL EDFL) at http://www.columbiahouse.com/repl/i2...oin/enter.html and I cannot get Star Trek The Movie collection to show up anywhere. I am looking to get Star Trek The Motion Picture Dir Cut.

What code are you using? I've done this with 4 different collections already so I know the drill, I just need the code to do the Star Trek Movie drill

EDIT: OK, after some re-reading, it looks like this is a Phone-Only collection?

BNYL Free DVD, pay shipping
Star Trek: The movie Collection - BB1

or

BB7L 89¢ with free s/h (phone & online)
Star Trek: The movie Collection - K97

Last edited by digitalmanAZ; 07-15-03 at 10:25 PM.
Old 07-16-03, 09:55 AM

You won't have any problem. That is how I got my copy of Patton.
My copy of Patton just showed up yesterday, cancelled this morning, thanks again!
Old 07-16-03, 12:08 PM

Just received the DVD Star Trek: TNG for $4.99. Thanks again everyone.
Old 07-17-03, 07:21 PM

Originally posted by cjhc01
Just received the DVD Star Trek: TNG for $4.99. Thanks again everyone.
Did you phone that in or online? What code did you use? Thanks
Old 07-18-03, 11:28 AM

I received the offer in the mail, because I had signed up for the regular DVD Club. The mailing had a promo offer code to enter on the TV Greats website, but the ST:TNG DVD didn't show up on the list, so I just mailed back a check for $4.99.
You may have luck with calling CH though, and telling them you got something in the mail.
Old 08-05-03, 12:10 PM

Originally posted by digitalmanAZ

EDIT: OK, after some re-reading, it looks like this is a Phone-Only collection?

BNYL Free DVD, pay shipping
Star Trek: The movie Collection - BB1

or

BB7L 89¢ with free s/h (phone & online)
Star Trek: The movie Collection - K97
I just got a mailing that offers the Star Trek Movie Collection (BB1) for Free + S/H.

So watch your mail if you're not into calling.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.