DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Site Won't Let Me Select Full Price

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-02, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Simple?

Originally posted by Roy Batty

I have two accounts: one with 1 committment to go, the other with two. The one with 1 committment left offers me AOS, but will not let me buy at full price, and puts everything in my cart at the sale price, with no committment link. The other account offers "buy on at regular price, take two more at $10.00 off". It does have the committment link and works as Lizard says. Since both accounts are unfulfilled, shouldn't this 'feature' work the same with both?
Yes, it should. But my only AOS is on a fulfilled account so I can't test the system with an "all on sale" offer. Your experience gets me to wondering whether CH intended the AOS to be only available to accounts that are already fulfilled. What happens when you put in a title with a sale price greater than $19.95? Does that show up as a fulfillment with a check mark next to it?
Old 03-12-02, 11:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What happens when you put in a title with a sale price greater than $19.95? Does that show up as a fulfillment with a check mark next to it?
Negative. This account will not price any title at full price, and will not show checkmarks or committment links.

Your experience gets me to wondering whether CH intended the AOS to be only available to accounts that are already fulfilled.
Perhaps. I think CH is trying to use AOS to keep you from fulfilling, unless you pick a title that on sale is 19.95 or more. This is what I would like to do, but finding a title I want that qualifies has been, so far, too hard. All of this makes me want to fulfill and be done with CH and their nonsense. Yes, enrollment with 7CY was a good deal; it's the aftermath I find a PITA.
Old 03-12-02, 07:56 PM

ok the problem that I have is that I can only choose "1" DVD as a commitment.

I got to the drop down box... but guess what? The only option is "1"!!!! I already have 2 items in my cart.... one @ reg and one at 40% off.....

It is impossible for me to choose 2 dvds at fullprice when the drop box only has one option -> "1"

What am I to do? Does anyone else have this same problem?!
Old 03-12-02, 10:32 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I am looking at the page now, I only see one drop box, that's the drop box at the bottom where you pick to search for title or sel # and such. I am at the cart page, is this the right page or...
Old 03-12-02, 11:00 PM

Ok, have been sucessful here's what i did.

ok, i went back there and looked around. no checkmark. then i went to the main page, no checkmark. Then I went back to the cart and there it was with the option at the bottom.
I clicked on it and it said only gave me "1" as an option.
I clicked recalculate and now it shows all three at full price.
I clicked on one to change to the sale price and it chaged both to 40% off.
I clicked on remove from cart, and recalculated again.
then I searched for the title I removed and re put it back in. It came up on sale again so i recalculated.
No it works, 2 at full, i cheap one to get free shipping.

just keep trying, it will work sooner or later.
Old 03-13-02, 12:06 AM

Originally posted by ivelostr2
Ok, have been sucessful here's what i did.

......I clicked on it and it said only gave me "1" as an option.
......just keep trying, it will work sooner or later.
The drop-down asks how many A D D I T I O N A L titles you wish to apply to your fullfillment. You already had ONE, you only needed ONE more for your total of TWO fullfillments.

I still prefer the radio buttons myself, but the new system works just fine once you get used to it. As stated earlier, beware that it resets at the drop of a hat. I had it all set with two fullfillments, changed the payment type from bill to a CC card; almost hit the complete button when I noticed that entering the CC reset the order to one fullfill and 2 @ 40% off.

-BL
Old 03-13-02, 08:09 AM

Wow, this is frustrating. The checkmark is not there for me, and it is not a fulfilled acct. I have logged out and in several times, hit continue shopping, then back to cart several times, and nothing seems to make the checkmark show up. Even tried two versions of IE and Opera and still nothing.

Guess I'll call in and beg to get the free shipping by phone. Sucky website!
Old 03-13-02, 08:27 AM

Ok - too weird. I broke down and called in, went to my acct info to get the acct number for the rep, then flipped back to the cart to get the sel #s, which don't show on that screen, so I clicked the link for each one, then back and click the next one, and when I hit back the 3rd time, the check mark stuff showed up. Good timing!

So apparently, if you just keep going in and out of your cart, it might show up eventually.

She did give me the correct prices and free shipping by phone though, and verified it should be giving me that option on the site.

Hopefully they'll fix this soon.

Good luck to everybody who is having similar problems!
Old 03-13-02, 02:08 PM

I called in as well, and the rep took my 3 fufillments with free shipping over the phone, plus she closed the account. It wasn't a problem.
Old 03-13-02, 04:49 PM
Cool New Member

Originally posted by lizard
So many questions I am not going to quote them.

Lizard, thanks for the help. I was able override the 40& off to use 2 selections for my fullfillments for $19.95 and one for $8.95.

It is a little tricky, but not all that difficult. Thanks for explaining.
Old 03-13-02, 09:40 PM

thanks all. I got it to work. Now the only problem is..... when I choose to check out.... it takes a zillion years to go through. So basically I'm not able to checkout (I waited for about 15mins). Does anyone else have this problem?
Old 03-14-02, 09:40 AM

this is a drag it takes an hour to get it so you can get 3 at $19.95, there i want apollo 13 and i can not get it at sale price of $20
Old 03-14-02, 10:05 PM

After doing this for a while;

here's how I got it to work:

I wanted 2 @ $19.95 and 1 @ $8.97 ($14.95 with 40% off)

1) Add all three selection to cart
2) Go to cart. Shows 1 @ $19.95, 1 @ $11.97, and 1 @ $8.97
3) Select "Choose how many" in the Commitment section (lower right)
4) Select "1" (only option for me) and then "Recalculate"
5) Cart now shows 1 @ $19.95, 1 @ $8.97 (40% off), 1 @ $19.95 (Specially Priced)
6) Select "Checkout".

Checkout page now show 1 @ $19.95, 1 @ $11.97 (40% off) and 1 @ $8.97 (40% off) which is wrong.

7) Select "Edit Cart"
8) Go back and repeat steps 3-6

Cart now shows 2 @ $19.95 and 1 @ $8.97 which is correct

9) Select "Place Order"

The key here appears to be step 7, "Edit Cart". Maybe doing this will help some you get the prices you're trying to get.
Old 03-16-02, 10:56 AM

Now the drop down menu is gone!

I'm having a problem getting any second title at full price. I'm assuming the 40% discount titles don't count toward fulfillment. At first there was a strage drop down menu to select the number of titles to apply toward membership. Now that drop down menu seems to be gone.

What gives? How do I get two $19.95 fulfillment titles at regular price (So I can cancel)? Do I have to order them separately and pay the higher shipping twice?
Old 03-16-02, 11:09 AM

I just spent 45 minutes getting my 3 fullfillments at $19.95 go to place order it says sorry website is down try back later, Geez now they all reset and gotta do it again, this is more trouble than its worth to me,
Old 03-19-02, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

^bump^ (We seem to have some repetitive questions about this new way of designating full price titles. By the way, the commitment status link seems to be working fine at present.)
Old 03-19-02, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Ok, if the check thing does NOT show up you have to back out a screen and try again. I could not see it for the longest and when I backed out and went back in, there it was. You'll know if you got it on the screen, because it's pretty BIG!!!!!

Also, I was not able to select 2 in the little drop down window, just 1. But, just hit recalculate and it automatically brings both titles to regular price. Weird!
Old 03-19-02, 07:42 PM

I can not get more than one at full price to save my life. I have tried to add one more towards my committment several times. I have deleted all items from my cart and readded them. I have logged off and come back in. I guess I'll have to make a phone call because this is ridiculous.
Old 03-20-02, 10:47 AM

I must have reloaded and gone back to the main page then back to the cart 30 times last night before it showed up. If you don't want to deal with the phone calls, I'd say just keep it in the background while doing something else and just keeep trying. It is ridiculous though...
Old 03-22-02, 08:03 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

This is BUll$hit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've tried "refresh" 30 or so times.....

Backing out / clicking check cart 30 times and NOTHING!!!!!!!
Old 03-22-02, 10:07 AM

well i got my 3 at $19.95 took a little while but it can be done. they allready shipped out
Old 03-22-02, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I often wonder if CH execs check into this forum and crack up when they read all this stuff.

Do they sit around laughing and say "we are driving these guys crazy"
Old 03-22-02, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Sucess?

I am having the same problem, having tried different computers, different browsers, backing out, moving to non-secure servers, etc.

This is getting worse on the last couple of memberships, and NEEDS TO BE FIXED NOW. It's easy to repair, and is irritating many of your most active customers, CH. Also putting a drain on your phone banks.

EDIT This just worked for me: I put one of the offending 19.95 titles on my wishlist, then moved it back to the card. That brought up the committment checkbox, and I was all set from there! YMMV, but I hope it helps.

Last edited by drh4; 03-22-02 at 10:18 AM.
Old 03-22-02, 06:49 PM

I had the same problem. But when I click on "recalculate" it did the right thing and gave me 2 at regular price instead of just 1. This is even though the drop down box says only 1.
Old 03-23-02, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by bruce wayne
I had the same problem. But when I click on "recalculate" it did the right thing and gave me 2 at regular price instead of just 1. This is even though the drop down box says only 1.
As has been explained several times above: the number in the window is how many MORE you want to be regular price. For most promotions you will already have one listed that way with a check mark next to it. It is explained very clearly by CH in the commitment status window. The exact quote is: Count [number] more towards my commitment. Seems pretty clear to me.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.