Black Friday 2020

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Black Friday 2020

Old 09-13-20, 04:45 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Black Friday 2020

A heads up.

Couple of days back - was at my local Wal-Mart, shopping. Picked up season two of "The Terror". From what I've read, not as good as the first season. Don't have cable, a blind buy.

I spoke to one of the employee. Will there be one this year? The answer is yes. There will be some protocols taken (wasn't made clear). But they will be doing - in store Black Friday.

Which means both Best Buy and Target won't be left out and will have their own, same with Big Lots!

As usually, I'll keep up with the news and of course the titles for sale. Just wanted to share and hope they'll have a decent selection. Last year was... not that great, stuff I didn't want or already had. And what I did want as in low supply, didn't get them - "Toy Story 4" comes to mind.
The following users liked this post:
PhantomStranger (09-22-20)
Old 09-14-20, 08:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Black Friday 2020

Yea, what i have heard or read stores will just not start blackfriday till friday so workers can chill thursday and be off for holiday. so it just wont start the day before as always and just start friday so just gotta be early friday to score any deals really or by chance score cheaper deals if close to it sometime before. i thnk this first time maynot see many bug gotta work holiday and can relax with family and really enjoy turkey and not gotta rush to job to work since some or many places be closed cause virus and all.
Old 09-15-20, 07:48 AM

so just gotta be early friday to score any deals really
Okay. I'm okay with that.
Old 09-15-20, 02:23 PM

Most time when i go if can i just check for media on sale and scored some good stuff if got many copies of same movie at time. i try be aware cause have scored some good stuff past trips to walmart on black friday. guessing they wont be as slammed and media wont be such a mess since cant shop day ahead of it lol. everyone gotta check same day so displays wont be a miss as use to be years past lol. but when u got so much already, u tend to be more selective so try for cheap ones and score gold then.
Old 09-20-20, 04:01 AM

got many copies of same movie at time
I don't have that problem.
Old 09-20-20, 08:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess this is related...I just noticed the site I've used for years to get the early scoop on Black Friday sales ( bfads.com ) is no more. That sucks. They were a really good resource. Anyone know of other good sites on the topic?
Old 09-21-20, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by DiggityDawg View Post
I guess this is related...I just noticed the site I've used for years to get the early scoop on Black Friday sales ( bfads.com ) is no more. That sucks. They were a really good resource. Anyone know of other good sites on the topic?
Try blackfriday.com . This is the site I use.
The following users liked this post:
DiggityDawg (09-22-20)
Old 09-22-20, 07:06 AM

Thanks for the info guys.
Old 09-22-20, 11:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 102 Likes on 92 Posts

I really wonder what the studios will "give" us for Black Friday this year. The shopping event for them was always an excuse to dump leftover copies of flops and new movies they over manufactured earlier in the year. But Covid and the shutdown has changed all that.