DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   Big Lots Buy 1 DVD, Get 50% #2 Labor Day Weekend Sale (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/648505-big-lots-buy-1-dvd-get-50%25-2-labor-day-weekend-sale.html)

MooMooMooMoo 08-31-19 08:03 PM

Big Lots Buy 1 DVD, Get 50% #2 Labor Day Weekend Sale

For South Park Fans, the store closest to me had all SP Seasons + a Cartman box set at $5 before the discount (comes to 2 box sets for $7.50; wish I liked South Park!). It appeared to be dvd only (not blu), & there was little else new (a House Season box, & a 60's European Phantom Of The Opera Remake that I wasn't familiar with).

MooMooMooMoo 08-31-19 10:05 PM

Re: Big Lots Buy 1 DVD, Get 50% #2 Labor Day Weekend Sale

Per a post in the blu-ray forum, this may include blu's, though the sign in my store only mentioned dvd's.

cabler30 09-02-19 05:09 PM

Yea, at the time i went to a store here i had no clue of the sale and saw so i collected alot of dvd since a sign on display just said dvd. i learn to grab want and then decide from all what want most since already have so many i seen or not seen yet so just got 2 and maybe get others later if they still there. saw that traffic has ben through them already so not sure what they scored at time any. just alot was like moved or tossed around so the display had been checkd over some or alot before i had chance check any , but do think i got some good stuff.

JohnIan 09-03-19 02:27 AM

"Equal or lesser value."

Yup, didn't do it. Said it was already on sale. So no go. Both were blind buys, would've been. Passed.

BobO'Link 09-03-19 03:39 PM

This is late so... it absolutely worked on BRs. Their sales, up to this point, always include them even though the signage says "DVD" - they don't really treat them as separate/different products. Of course, now that I've posted that they'll change it going forward...

JohnIan 09-04-19 02:05 AM

Late, yeah.

But moving forward - it will come up again and is good to know for those into BDs.

conehead433 09-15-19 10:28 PM

Apparently my local BL has started reducing some titles to $2.50, $1.25, and $.75. This included Joy for $.75 and a couple of 3D's for $2.50. Picked them up today with an addittional 20% off.

cabler30 09-16-19 05:39 PM

Dam, if they really try get rid of stock due to so much in back by chance then they really trying shove out any old stock lol. not sure it all stores but it worth checking next trip i able to go and check any.

clintfunhome 09-16-19 07:28 PM

My local Big Lots did a full remodel and they put the dvds way in the back. They use to be up front. They put them in this huge displayer but they're impossible to flip through now. I went there a couple days ago to see if there was anything worth grabbing and I just got annoyed by the displayer and left. oh well.

cabler30 09-18-19 02:24 PM

Yea, the big lots close to me has moved around their display rack a couple times. times i gone to check any they have had traffic look and move stuff around cause the shoper any seem to move them to where they dont know how to make space to check any title so the setup is kinda a mess when i have tried check sometimes. i am one who wanna check for any i really want i dont mind moving any to another part to get a better idea what is on shelf any. i get a basket to fill with any i may wanna get then i get done and put back any i not really want for any reason. so if i not really in mood any to detail what they got cause have so many already then i comb through so to speak or just check around for anything else i really need or want at time. i shocked they have cd's still by chance lol, really forgot last i got any unless they was free lol.

MooMooMooMoo 09-25-19 05:03 PM

20% off this weekend.

JohnIan 09-26-19 02:30 AM

To be honest... I would rather spend more money on Dollar Tree DVDs. Still looking for "Inherit Vice".

PhantomStranger 09-26-19 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by JohnIan (Post 13613812)
To be honest... I would rather spend more money on Dollar Tree DVDs. Still looking for "Inherit Vice".

Honestly, Inherent Vice is a fairly so-so movie. Don't sweat it if you don't find it.

cabler30 09-27-19 07:58 PM

Since i dont keep tabs on sales much and dont shop biglots alot, then i just go dollar tree or thrift store anytime and by chance go to biglots on a chance and check if got any new stuff in unless others take all the good stuff by chance first lol. i know some i saw and want but no promise it be there later.