Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Time Life Clearance: Real Ghostbusters, Six Million Dollar Man, China Beach, Power R

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Time Life Clearance: Real Ghostbusters, Six Million Dollar Man, China Beach, Power R

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-15, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,076 Likes on 651 Posts

The Real Ghostbusters Complete Collection
Normally $179.99 - Clearanced at $99.99 w/ Free Shipping
http://timelife.com/products/the-rea...ete-collection

Six Million Dollar Man Complete Collection
Normally $239.99 - Clearanced at $99.99 w/ Free Shipping
http://timelife.com/products/the-six...content=Prod02

China Beach Complete Series
Normally $179.99 - Clearanced at $99.99 w/ Free Shipping
http://timelife.com/products/china-b...content=Prod01

Power Rangers Seasons 1-7
Normally $219.95 - Clearanced at $149.99 w/ Free Shipping
http://timelife.com/products/power-r...content=Prod03
Old 05-06-15, 08:29 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts
Re: Time Life Clearance: Real Ghostbusters, Six Million Dollar Man, China Beach, Powe

Why'd I click on this thread!? I don't think I'll be able to resist that Six Million Dollar Man set.
Old 05-07-15, 02:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Time Life Clearance: Real Ghostbusters, Six Million Dollar Man, China Beach, Powe

On the one hand I've really wanted China Beach, and have been hating myself as the months have slipped past and I haven't yet bought it. And there's no arguing with this price. On the other hand, money. 3-4 weeks from now would have been a lot more convenient. Damn.

I don't know if this is "clearance" as in they're clearing some out or that they're trying to move them all, but I really need to find a way. Thanks very much Spiderbite for mentioning it!
Old 05-07-15, 05:59 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Trevor
Why'd I click on this thread!? I don't think I'll be able to resist that Six Million Dollar Man set.
They still allow you to pay in six installments. First payment is $16.67, if that helps.
Old 05-07-15, 09:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Spiderbite, thanks for the heads-up...in for The Six Million Dollar Man set!
Old 05-07-15, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does the Six Million Dollar Man set have extra discs per set (like Get Smart)? The separate seasons are less than half (but you don't get that nifty box and booklet).
Old 05-07-15, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I believe this set includes a lot of bonus features and movies (reunion movies) not included in the separate sets. I am not sure of the breakdown though.
Old 05-07-15, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I found this in an extensive review:

The discs themselves are divided into the five series that the show ran for, with five further discs devoted solely to bonus features. The last disc of each series is also partly or completely given over to extras, and there are a small number of others tucked away in the series themselves. These include all of the Bionic Woman crossover episodes, which you'll need to watch to make any sense of the corresponding episodes in The Six Million Dollar Man. As these are effectively series episodes I've not covered them as extras, but for the sake of detail, they are:

Welcome Home Jamie – Part I
Welcome Home Jamie – Part II
The Return of Bigfoot – Part 2
Kill Oscar – Part I
Kill Oscar – Part III

The rest of the extras will be listed by the disc on which they appear.

Given that this is a complete box set, it's difficult to be sure whether to classify the six full length movies included here (it just had to be six, didn't it) as extra features or as part of the series. This is especially true of the first thee movies, which are presented both as chronological pre-runners to the series proper on the discs 1 and 2, and again on the bonus discs in their two-part syndicated versions. But given their tonal differences from the series proper, they deserve special attention.
http://www.cineoutsider.com/reviews/..._complete.html

And looking on Amazon, the separate releases for the 5 seasons have a total of 32 discs. This complete set has 40 discs. Pretty large difference.

I also wanted the "nifty" (I love that word mentioned above) box and the booklet. Plus there are a ton of bootleg/counterfeit copies of this set floating around on ebay and amazon and I wanted to know for certain I got the real set. So I was fine with the $100 cost. It is the best price ever on this set and it doesn't appear you'll see the extras released separately.

I doubt this will ever see a BD release which is why I went ahead and bought it.

I also caved on the Ghostbusters set as well and picked it up. Money gone.
Old 05-07-15, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!

In for China Beach (if order goes through).

Somewhat leery since I had a problem with this company years ago.

I have ordered several sets from them in years past with no problems (including the original Get Smart series and the Man From U.N.C.L.E. briefcase set which sadly has never been played).
Old 05-07-15, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The only problem with the Six Million Dollar Man set is the box is really nice, unfortunately they just throw it in a box loose and it rolls around and gets damaged in shipping. I made them send it to me three times, each time no packing, even though they said they would tell their shipping dept to do so. The fourth time they finally sent just the box, still no packing materials, but the empty box wasn't as heavy so there was less damage.

Also I bought The Man From Uncle only to find out later it was returned product, because I didn't open it until they were all gone...
Old 05-08-15, 01:43 AM

Received 50 Likes on 23 Posts

I wonder what the chances are of the Six Million Dollar Man coming out on blu-ray. If not immediately in the U.S. at least overseas... Battlestar Galactica, Columbo, Knightrider and Airwolf are out, this show has to be as popular (or even more so).
Old 05-08-15, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 145 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by Surfinhank
I wonder what the chances are of the Six Million Dollar Man coming out on blu-ray. If not immediately in the U.S. at least overseas... Battlestar Galactica, Columbo, Knightrider and Airwolf are out, this show has to be as popular (or even more so).
I've been thinking this after buying the Twilight Zone, then hearing it was being released on Blu. Thanks OP. Went ahead and bit on the China Beach set.
Old 05-08-15, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

For "only" $75 more you can get a combo of China Beach + a script....
Old 05-08-15, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 145 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by b2net
I did see that.... I was hoping The Wonder Years was going to be on sale as well, but no dice.
Old 05-09-15, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!

Originally Posted by b2net
Actually 3 scripts with replicated signatures.

Wee
Old 05-13-15, 11:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 329 Likes on 200 Posts

Want the Real Ghostbusters but still a bit hot on the price for me....
Old 05-20-15, 01:19 PM

EVEN BETTER DEAL!

I just got both Ghostbusters and Six Million Dollar Man for $159! ($79 each) from them INCLUDING free UPGRADED 2-day shipping.

(I took the 0% interest 5 payments deal... they make you pay the first payment, and ship the product... with a qualifying credit card.)

CALL IN... Don't order online... 800-950-7887

I asked if they minded if I shared this, and they said no, not at all.

First, ASK FOR YVONNE! (would you believe her middle name is Dicarlo???) They DO work on commission, and she's great! (Tell her Dave says hi!)

By calling, instead of using the online purchase, you get their customer service. Customer service has more latitude to offer deals. If you buy TWO series, they can give good discounts. So for Ghostbusters and Six Million Dollar Man she was above to bring the price down to $89 each, and then because I purchased both could take another $20 off. She was also able to include FREE 2-day shipping.

There is still tax though. But for $159 for both, that's an incredible deal!

They CAN discount other paired products, but those two are the ones I cared about.

Anyone know if the retail releases of Six Million Dollar Man or Ghostbusters are any different or have any ADDITIONAL (or fewer) features than the Time Life ones? I know Six Million Dollar Man has a bonus disc in the box... I may just take the bonus disc out and sell the rest of the set because I have the retail copies and they take up less space.

Anyone looking for JUST the shows for six million dollar man, but would accept a COPY of the bonus disc? (I want my original.)

Be sure to ask for Yvonne, and tell her Dave sent you.

Dave

P.S. Yes, I DO think you should call if you already purchased them... I asked Yvonne about it, and they said they may be able to help people who didn't get a deal...

POST YOUR RESULTS PLEASE... Enjoy!

Last edited by Corellian; 05-20-15 at 01:25 PM.
Old 05-20-15, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,408 Likes on 1,031 Posts

Originally Posted by SterlingBen
Want the Real Ghostbusters but still a bit hot on the price for me....
Same here, though I found the first volume in a bargain bin a while back and I've barely watched it. Might be a series better utilized via Netflix.
Old 05-20-15, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Corellian
EVEN BETTER DEAL!

I just got both Ghostbusters and Six Million Dollar Man for $159! ($79 each) from them INCLUDING free UPGRADED 2-day shipping.

POST YOUR RESULTS PLEASE... Enjoy!
Interesting. I just called them and asked for Yvonne. They don't have extensions so they could not get me to her. I spoke with a different person and she said that she could run a check on that deal and would have to get it approved by corporate. She said that it would take at least a week or I could take a $20 discount now. She said that since these are on close-out and discounted heavily already, she could not get the $89 price approved right off the bat hence the corporate approval.

I told her I can wait a week to find out about the extra 20 bucks.

In other news, I had to send my Ghostbusters set back to them and they are sending me another. It was crushed on one side and torn. I didn't even unwrap the box since I knew I didn't want that. They have already sent me a replacement copy though and I just sent back the damaged box today. They shipped both of them to me in separate boxes with no packing materials whatsoever. Luckily the Six Million Dollar Man set was just fine.
Old 05-20-15, 03:17 PM

Since I was going to get Ghostbusters for $99, getting Six Million Dollar Man for $60 isn't bad... even though the individual releases are now about $55 on amazon but are reformatted to fix 32 discs (as mentioned earlier) and don't come with the collectible book/box and bonus disc.

Yvonne said that they could transfer you, or at least her associates could help.

She's in customer service, and you can at least ask them to talk to her about the deal.

Good luck!
Old 05-20-15, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Six Million Dollar Man has more than just a bonus disc, it has the TV reunion films not available in stores.
Old 05-20-15, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by hasslein
Six Million Dollar Man has more than just a bonus disc, it has the TV reunion films not available in stores.
Thank you! I wasn't sure. Now I"m even more happy I grabbed the box.

Any other differences you know of?

Thanks.

David
Old 05-20-15, 08:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The cases are all fat cases, except movies & bonus disc, where the individual retail releases were slim cases (except S4) and no slipcovers like retail version had at first... Other than that & the box, I can't think of any other differences... One other interesting thing that is kind of funny, from reading from a seller on ebay, the Canadian release, the box has no sound chip because of bilingual laws. HA!
Old 05-20-15, 09:04 PM

Sound chip?
Old 05-20-15, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Corellian
even though the individual releases are now about $55 on amazon
Hence the reason I keep hesitating to pull the trigger.. I keep asking myself, is the bonuses worth the extra $45.. and unfortunate there isn't another set that I would want to get the deal you got...

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.