DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   In Search Of: The Complete Collection for $19.49 From Movies Unlimited!!! (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/623774-search-complete-collection-%2419-49-movies-unlimited.html)

speedy1961 11-27-14 10:37 AM

In Search Of: The Complete Collection for $19.49 From Movies Unlimited!!!

https://www.moviesunlimited.com/musi...=D58518&altid=

Their system applies a $5 off coupon for today bringing the total price with shipping down to $19.49!

I would assume that that coupon is active for today only.

The price otherwise (at least for the duration of their sale) would be $18.99 + shipping.

In for one set. :fc:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51zBD8KoXiL.jpg

Cardsfan111 11-27-14 11:02 AM

Re: In Search Of: The Complete Collection for $19.49 From Movies Unlimited!!!

Considering this deal, but I'm all the way to final checkout screen and I'm not seeing a $5 discount. Was that applied automatically for you, Speedy? Or did you have a code you entered for it?

bacigalup 11-27-14 11:03 AM

In for one also!

Thanks, Speedy!

rbrown498 11-27-14 11:06 AM

I was there about 30 minutes after you posted, and I didn't receive a coupon. :( Still, $25 bucks for the set shipped is still a tremendous bargain!

Thanks for posting the deal, Speedy!

speedy1961 11-27-14 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by Cardsfan111 (Post 12315970)
Considering this deal, but I'm all the way to final checkout screen and I'm not seeing a $5 discount. Was that applied automatically for you, Speedy? Or did you have a code you entered for it?

It was applied automatically for me but I believe the code is / was $5offtoday

bacigalup 11-27-14 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Cardsfan111 (Post 12315970)

Had the same problem also, but when I switched browsers from IE to Google Chrome it appeared.

Cardsfan111 11-27-14 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by bacigalup (Post 12315977)
Had the same problem also, but when I switched browsers from IE to Google Chrome it appeared.

I was already using Chrome, but it wasn't showing.

Originally Posted by speedy1961 (Post 12315975)
It was applied automatically for me but I believe the code is / was $5offtoday

Thanks! That did the trick, though it was without the '$' -- 5offtoday

This is a blind buy for me, but I had some paypal credit just begging to be used. :)

speedy1961 11-27-14 11:13 AM

It appeared in the web coupon box as I was paying by PayPal.

Try again without the dollar sign symbol. 5offtoday

JoeDoakes 11-27-14 11:15 AM

It says in the description that it is the 12 disk version that I have heard was going to be released next year at select B&M retailers, not the 21 disk version in the picture. It may be a mistake, I don't know.

speedy1961 11-27-14 11:19 AM

I used the amazon picture for clarity.

Here's the picture link to the Movies Unlimited set which is identical to the Amazon picture.

http://www.moviesunlimited.com/musit...age=D58518.jpg

All 144 episodes from "In Search Of..." are presented in a 12-disc set. **144 episodes on 12 discs. 54 hrs.**

Trevor 11-27-14 11:21 AM

Thanks Speedy!

speedy1961 11-27-14 11:24 AM

Good to see you Trevor & Cardsfan111!

Cardsfan111 11-27-14 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by speedy1961 (Post 12315997)
Good to see you Trevor & Cardsfan111!

You too, Speedy. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

rbrown498 11-27-14 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by JoeDoakes (Post 12315986)
It says in the description that it is the 12 disk version that I have heard was going to be released next year at select B&M retailers, not the 21 disk version in the picture. It may be a mistake, I don't know.

This IS confusing, as the new set will be missing the two Rod Serling-hosted specials, bringing the total number of episodes to 144, which is what is listed in the copy in the listing. However, the image shown is of the 146-episode box, and the "regularly" price listed in the copy is for the 146-episode set. In addition, like you said, the 12-disc set wasn't supposed to be released to online retailers at all...so I have NO idea which version this is.

I ordered it anyway; we'll see what I get.

That'sAllFolks 11-27-14 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by JoeDoakes (Post 12315986)

The MSRP of the re-release is only 29.95. IF this is the re-release I'd rather wait. IF this is the original release it's killer. How are these people with customer service? I had it pre-ordered at Amazon for 17.49, but it was recently cancelled.

I guess I didn't read the OP thoroughly (lack of sleep). Ordered this for a total of 19.49. Hopefully we get the original version that's being cleared out, but if not, still a good price. Thanks speedy!! (BTW, I also screencapped the listing, just in case)

My first order at Movies Unlimited in almost 10 years.

speedy1961 11-27-14 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks (Post 12316007)
The MSRP of the re-release is only 29.95. IF this is the re-release I'd rather wait. IF this is the original release it's killer. How are these people with customer service? I had it pre-ordered at Amazon for 17.49, but it was recently cancelled.

Indeed we shall see.

I have only placed one or two orders with these guys when I was posting deals weekly here at DVDTalk years ago. They seemed fine when I had to call them. I am assuming they they are still a trustworthy outfit that specializes in older catalog titles.

I was going to order this title from Visual Entertainment Media but they were sold out at $49.99 which led me to Amazon which is listed as $56.99 which then led me to search the title outright through one of my old deal webcrawlers which led me to Movies Unlimited.

It was too good a deal to pass up at this price and I wanted to share it with all of my old DVDTalk readers before it dried up. If you have any reservations, wait until I receive mine and I'll report back what on what I receive.

JackBurton 11-27-14 11:43 AM

Great show if you're into this type of thing (which I am!). I paid way more than this when it first came out, but am happy to finally have it on disc all the same. Good luck to those interested!

speedy1961 11-27-14 11:55 AM

Movies Unlimited is also offering an 18 Disc version for $78.84!

https://www.moviesunlimited.com/musi..._search=Search

That'sAllFolks 11-27-14 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by speedy1961 (Post 12316015)
Indeed we shall see.

I have only placed one or two orders with these guys when I was posting deals weekly here at DVDTalk years ago. They seemed fine when I had to call them. I am assuming they they are still a trustworthy outfit that specializes in older catalog titles.

I was going to order this title from Visual Entertainment Media but they were sold out at $49.99 which led me to Amazon which is listed as $56.99 which then led me to search the title outright through one of my old deal webcrawlers which led me to Movies Unlimited.

It was too good a deal to pass up at this price and I wanted to share it with all of my old DVDTalk readers before it dried up. If you have any reservations, wait until I receive mine and I'll report back what on what I receive.

Even if it is the newer set, it's still a pretty good deal. I went ahead and ordered it since it's about the same price as my Amazon pre-order. At first I thought the coupon was applied when the total was 24.xx. Lack of sleep I guess. Thanks.

Edit: What's the deal with these releases, 12 disc, 18 disc and 21 disc.

speedy1961 11-27-14 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks (Post 12316030)
Even if it is the newer set, it's still a pretty good deal. I went ahead and ordered it since it's about the same price as my Amazon pre-order. At first I thought the coupon was applied when the total was 24.xx. Lack of sleep I guess. Thanks.

Glad you pulled the trigger TAF! ;)

berigan 11-27-14 03:56 PM

Such a deal! Thanks speedy1961!

Strapped4Cash 11-27-14 11:16 PM

I've had two recent experiences with Movies Unlimited.

The first time I ordered from them was when they were an Amazon market seller and they sent me the Echo Bridge re-release of a Miramax title, when I'd clearly ordered (and paid more for) the Miramax one. The Echo Bridge version had it's own listing and as soon as I questioned it they immediately refunded me and told me to keep the disc rather than sending it back. It was fine and factory sealed as advertised.

A couple months back they had a $5 off $50 sale and I ordered 3 in-stock titles. The order was delayed and two were later canceled, but eventually they sent the third and still gave me the $5 credit off the $20 title.

I've never seen this, and don't know that I'll be blind buying it, but still, thanks for the heads up.

PhantomStranger 11-27-14 11:20 PM

If it is the same version that I paid over $80 for, it's an incredible deal. The series is easily worth a blind buy at this price for lovers of bizarre mysteries and unsolved historical oddities.

DJariya 11-28-14 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger (Post 12316594)
If it is the same version that I paid over $80 for, it's an incredible deal. The series is easily worth a blind buy at this price for lovers of bizarre mysteries and unsolved historical oddities.

Yeah I paid $76 last year on Amazon and it's a great set. The show is dated in the video quality and looks department, but the stories covered are pretty timeless. If that price holds up, it's definitely worth a purchase for those who can get it.

b2net 11-28-14 11:12 AM

Only one showing now is the $78 version...