DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   Phil Silvers Show (Sgt Bilko) Complete Series - $14.99 @ BB.com; $15.85 @ CD Universe (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/622521-phil-silvers-show-sgt-bilko-complete-series-%2414-99-%40-bb-com%3B-%2415-85-%40-cd-universe.html)

bacigalup 09-24-14 08:32 PM

Phil Silvers Show (Sgt Bilko) Complete Series - $14.99 @ BB.com; $15.85 @ CD Universe

Shades of the Naked City! Happen to lurk over at HTF and it seems like a couple of weeks back Amazon Canada posted the pre order for this set as a BD (only DVD is being released) for $16 American dollars. This lasted a couple of days until they changed the description & price to a more reasonable $90.99CDN (82.20 American). So far, no orders with the incorrect price has been cancelled.

Now with thanks to a HTF poster, it seems like both BestBuy.com & CD universe has this set up for pre order at such a ridiculous low price:

BestBuy.com - $14.99 (also described as a BD set; now $99.99):
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sgt-bilk...8rrmTJR3uzrvfQ
Update - They cancelled all preorders with the incorrect price.

CD Universe - $15.85: now $17.79
Update - Preorders cancelled
http://www.cduniverse.com/productinf...93&style=movie

Ordered one from both stores. Release date is 11/11/14.

DVD Planet has it for $20.93 (can not preorder at this time; now $92.99); Deepdiscount for $20.96 (now $89.98):

http://www.dvdplanet.com/buy/dvd/sgt...series_3910591

http://www.deepdiscount.com/sgt-bilk...s/826663154313

Family Video also has this on preorder for $13.99 (Thanks to jr7936 for this!)(now $78.99)
Update: Cancelled preorders with incorrect price

http://www.familyvideo.com/catalog/p...ucts_id=441816

Oldies.com also has this for preorder; with s/h it's $23.92 ($17.94 + $5.95 s/h)
Update: Preorder cancelled; product removed from site

http://www.oldies.com/product-view/68021O.html

That'sAllFolks 09-24-14 09:40 PM

Re: Phil Silvers Show (Sgt Bilko) Complete Series - $14.99 @ BB.com; $15.85 @ CD Univ

20% Discount Code EHOL20 at CD Universe, but I couldn't find a way to apply it. Must be overlooking something.

Blind buy, but for the price, gave it a try. Thanks OP.

My Other Self 09-24-14 10:01 PM

Re: Phil Silvers Show (Sgt Bilko) Complete Series - $14.99 @ BB.com; $15.85 @ CD Univ

Thanks, OP. I ordered from Best Buy and CD Universe in the chance that one of them gets canceled.

Rexxriot 09-24-14 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by My Other Self (Post 12246528)
Thanks, OP. I ordered from Best Buy and CD Universe in the chance that one of them gets canceled.

I did the same. I noticed Best Buy has the release date as next Tuesday, which makes me feel like it might get canceled. Thanks, OP.

EDIT: Nevermind. After placing an order, I got an email saying the release date is 11/11/14

g 09-25-14 01:04 AM

I think there is some risk in ordering at CD Universe. If you look up the movie ardennes fury in blu ray, you get a picture of the bilko program. The Bilko listing has the other description. There is some mix up in listings between Bilko and this other movie Ardennes fury on BD. Best Buy appears to have fixed it. They have another listing for it.
I went with Best Buy even though CD universe was cheaper for me.
If you search UPC 826663154313 online, you will see the mix up between products.

Sweet find though. Bilko is one of my all time favorite shows if best buy ships.

berigan 09-25-14 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by g (Post 12246645)
I think there is some risk in ordering at CD Universe. If you look up the movie ardennes fury in blu ray, you get a picture of the bilko program. The Bilko listing has the other description. There is some mix up in listings between Bilko and this other movie Ardennes fury on BD. Best Buy appears to have fixed it. They have another listing for it.
I went with Best Buy even though CD universe was cheaper for me.
If you search UPC 826663154313 online, you will see the mix up between products.

Sweet find though. Bilko is one of my all time favorite shows if best buy ships.

Just ordered from Best Buy, still around $21 with shipping/taxes...
Was a pain in the butt to order from DD(its been awhile) couldn't recall old password, went to reset(twice) and got this message each time....
Code:

Error Resetting Password

There was a problem resetting your password. You may have entered a user name that is not in the system. Please try again.

gave up, and signed up again, under another email....first purchased from them a decade or so ago....sigh....

Thanks for the tip bacigalup!

Paul_SD 09-25-14 12:59 PM

Yeah, I'm having the same problem with DD. The excuse they are using is they haven't migrated my old password info to the "new site"- but when I reset it, there is no info whatsoever. They want me to re-enter all the address fields AND the CC #'s...that seems fishy to me.

That'sAllFolks 09-25-14 02:42 PM

DVD Planet will not let you add it to your cart or adjust the quantity.

Sex Fiend 09-25-14 06:21 PM

I've been aware of this for weeks, but haven't jumped on it, as I figured the various sites would get wise and fix it quickly, or at best, cancel eventually.

But may jump on the Best Buy offer... anyone know if BB historically honors misprices for online orders?

rmw650 09-25-14 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by berigan (Post 12246978)
Just ordered from Best Buy, still around $21 with shipping/taxes...
Was a pain in the butt to order from DD(its been awhile) couldn't recall old password, went to reset(twice) and got this message each time....
Code:

Error Resetting Password

There was a problem resetting your password. You may have entered a user name that is not in the system. Please try again.

gave up, and signed up again, under another email....first purchased from them a decade or so ago....sigh....

Thanks for the tip bacigalup!

Bet bet is to order it from BestBuy.com as they would guarantee the price but yes, this is coming out on November 11th and it will NOT be a Blu-Ray but rather a DVD release...an outstanding price.

MScottM 09-26-14 09:14 AM

Just ordered thru BestBuy. Thanks for the heads up OP.

Bobaray 09-26-14 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by rmw650 (Post 12247571)
Bet bet is to order it from BestBuy.com as they would guarantee the price but yes, this is coming out on November 11th and it will NOT be a Blu-Ray but rather a DVD release...an outstanding price.

Exactly what did I order from Best Buy? They sent me an email notifying me that the release date is now 9/30/14.

ASAPadam 09-26-14 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Bobaray (Post 12248215)
Exactly what did I order from Best Buy? They sent me an email notifying me that the release date is now 9/30/14.

It probably is Ardennes Fury (Blu-ray Disc) -- that's the item I find on bestbuy.com when I search for UPC 826663154313, and that has a release date of 9/30. I ordered this too and got the same email, so now I'm wondering if we're gonna get Ardennes Fury instead. BN.com has UPC 883476145617 for Ardennes Fury and when I search for that on bestbuy.com I get the Sgt. Bilko page. Confusing. Maybe we're better off ordering the Ardennes Fury Blu-ray for $15 instead!

ProfessorEcho 09-26-14 04:28 PM

I ordered it from Amazon Canada a few weeks ago and so far haven't received any cancellation notice. *fingers crossed* But they too listed it as a single Blu Ray disc so I guess they could always say that the listing was incorrect from the start.

I see the DVD Planet and DeepDiscount listings at least have it as a DVD set and with the correct number of discs, so they can't hide behind it being a erroneous Blu listing. But I decided to go with BestBuy as DVD Planet would not let me add it to the cart and DeepDiscount has a habit of canceling pre-orders after 30 days. At least they used to do that. Plus they gave me the same hell as others posted about migrating a new password. I got irritated fast and left. Hopefully, I'll get it from one place or another!

EDIT: I also got the e mail saying that the release date for the pre-order has been changed to September 30. So I called BestBuy and asked them what was going on and she asked for the SKU number. When I gave her that, she said that the e mail about the change in date is a mistake and that the item I ordered, SGT. BILKO THE COMPLETE SERIES, is not coming out until November. She said to just disregard the e mail about a September release. It might have to be a miracle for all of this to play out the way we want it to!

g 09-26-14 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by ASAPadam (Post 12248633)
It probably is Ardennes Fury (Blu-ray Disc) -- that's the item I find on bestbuy.com when I search for UPC 826663154313, and that has a release date of 9/30. I ordered this too and got the same email, so now I'm wondering if we're gonna get Ardennes Fury instead. BN.com has UPC 883476145617 for Ardennes Fury and when I search for that on bestbuy.com I get the Sgt. Bilko page. Confusing. Maybe we're better off ordering the Ardennes Fury Blu-ray for $15 instead!

I might switch to deepdiscount.com and cancel best buy. Most of the stores say the sku should be 826663154313 for Bilko. Best buy appears to have it wrong. When I checked the day I ordered it pulled up the bilko set. They changed the UPC in the last day or so. I wonder if they will change it again because it still says Bilko.
Edit: Deepsdiscount appears to have raised it to over 80. The only thing I can think of is to order both on Best buy and take back one of them. Unless DVDplanet allows the ordering it at some point. Or take a chance with cduniverse as they could make some change too in these listings.
Best Buy sure plays fast and loose with their listings. I made a point to check the UPC when I ordered and they were reversed.

ProfessorEcho 09-26-14 08:22 PM

Well, I panicked a bit and decided to go with DeepDiscount after already having orders in at Amazon.CA and BB. What worried me about those was that single disc Blu listing, which is so obvious an error they could easily cancel the order. But now if DD raised the price, will they honor the price I ordered it at? So now I have three chances, but really I just need one set!

g 09-26-14 08:26 PM

Deepdiscount is now more likely to honor it cause they caught the mistake early. The more people order the less chance they honor it. When people post to Blu ray forum or Slick deals or Fat wallet, they hurt our chances. This was posted to Blu ray forum after it was posted here which often leads to SD. The halloween TCM deal migrated to SD from Blu ray forum and killed the deal for example. Deepdiscount also wasn't mentioned on Blu ray forum, when I last looked for this deal.

rmw650 09-26-14 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by Bobaray (Post 12248215)

Bob, ignore that e-mail as I've been getting the same one on another pre-order I made as I contacted them today to get this error fixed and they told me they're working on it.

bigjim25 09-27-14 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks (Post 12246506)
20% Discount Code EHOL20 at CD Universe, but I couldn't find a way to apply it. Must be overlooking something.

Blind buy, but for the price, gave it a try. Thanks OP.

I couldn't find a way either. :(

jr7936 09-27-14 03:20 PM

also gohastings.com has a preorder for 15.99 + free shipping with the code earlybird and no tax in CA
the only worrisome thing is they have two listings for the same item, with the same title, one is 15.99 and the other is 89.99

Franchot 09-27-14 03:24 PM

What you'll be getting is this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sgt-Bilko-Si...keywords=bilko

in a NTSC version.

https://www.shoutfactory.com/tv/come...omplete-series

(If they straighten out the mess.)

Great price. Hang in there and hope for the best. (But expect a cancellation notice.)

Steve 09-27-14 07:02 PM

tried it at BB. insane price.
Have the best of collection - guess I will unload that if this comes through.

jr7936 09-27-14 07:46 PM

i tried family video and gohastings

family video is now showing not available for shipping at the moment, even though I ordered with them yesterday

bacigalup 09-29-14 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks (Post 12247251)
DVD Planet will not let you add it to your cart or adjust the quantity.

Doesn't matter now; price is now $92.99

bacigalup 10-01-14 07:45 AM

Best Buy has adjusted its price to $99.99