Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Phil Silvers Show (Sgt Bilko) Complete Series - $14.99 @ BB.com; $15.85 @ CD Universe

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Phil Silvers Show (Sgt Bilko) Complete Series - $14.99 @ BB.com; $15.85 @ CD Universe

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-14, 05:59 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts
Re: Phil Silvers Show (Sgt Bilko) Complete Series - $14.99 @ BB.com; $15.85 @ CD Univ

Those jokers at best buy sent me a copy of Ardennes Fury on Blu ray. I had canceled my order before they cancelled them. I hope they didn't charge me for it.

Would they have charged when you order or on shipment? I didn't see the charge.
Old 11-08-14, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 215 Likes on 190 Posts
Re: Phil Silvers Show (Sgt Bilko) Complete Series - $14.99 @ BB.com; $15.85 @ CD Univ

Originally Posted by g
Those jokers at best buy sent me a copy of Ardennes Fury on Blu ray. I had canceled my order before they cancelled them. I hope they didn't charge me for it.

Would they have charged when you order or on shipment? I didn't see the charge.
So, -since so many of us ordered then cancelled it, -what is"Ardennes Fury"?
Old 11-08-14, 07:50 PM
g

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

I got it in the mail a few hours ago. It's a war movie "A harrowing tale of American Heroism in the tradition of Platoon and Saving Private Ryan." according to the description.
It says the special features have an original 1944 version which is this new movie in black and white.
Old 11-10-14, 11:55 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is funny how things work out. I ordered this from the Sears website for $80 (they're usually pretty good on pre-order prices), but got excited when I saw the $20 price (or whatever it was) on Deep Discount and ordered that one as well.

As it turns out, Deep Discount sent me the Bilko set. Sears, on the other hand, sent me Ardennes Fury....
Old 11-10-14, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm afraid that's what FYE might send too since I think they come from same wherehouse as Sears and Bestbuy. Just curious what kind of letter are you sending to them about the mistake. I afraid I might as well get mine ready. I don't know how they can make this big a mistake
Old 11-10-14, 12:50 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bigjim25
I'm afraid that's what FYE might send too since I think they come from same wherehouse as Sears and Bestbuy. Just curious what kind of letter are you sending to them about the mistake. I afraid I might as well get mine ready. I don't know how they can make this big a mistake
I took a chance on FYE as well. If they send me "Ardennes Fury" instead I will just send an email saying they sent the wrong product based on what the listing showed when i ordered it. They will have the option of correcting the mistake by shipping me Bilko or providing a postage paid mailer so i can ship the other product back.
Old 11-10-14, 06:43 PM

My CD Universe order was never canceled, although I got the email saying it was no longer available. So this morning I just decided to cancel it. I didn't want to have to deal with returning something if it happened to be the wrong thing.
Old 11-10-14, 08:10 PM

The warehouse thing is interesting. Until a month ago I did not realize how messed up things could get. I ordered a disk through Amazon (not the market place) and what I received was a box with an Amazon shipping label and tracking number matching what I ordered, but inside was a shipping notice and disk from Deep Discount that I did not order.The movie i ordered was a $25 Criterion Blu-ray, what I received was a $5 Eddie Murphy movie I had never heard of. After contacting both Amazon and Deep Discount, Amazon sent a new copy and I had to send back the other back to DD. Before this i did not realize multiple vendors used the same warehouses for distribution.
Old 11-12-14, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yep, my fears came true. I got that stupid bluray today. Now I have to go through the return process.
Old 11-12-14, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Too late to cancel my FYE order since it shipped Monday.
Old 11-12-14, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

Yep, my fears came true. I got that stupid bluray today. Now I have to go through the return process.
I came *that* close to ordering a backup from FRY. I'm now glad I chose against the move. I *hate* dealing with returns.
Old 11-12-14, 02:54 PM

Looks like FYE is going to be dealing with a lot of returns.
Old 11-20-14, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It has been over a week and I still have not received my order from FYE. I noticed they now have the Bilko set marked up to $110 on the web site. I assume if my order ever shows up it will be Ardennes Fury, but wonder if they will send me the Bilko set if I complain about receiving the wrong item, or if the order somehow gets lost in the mail. Anyone contact FYE and get any answers from them on the web site screw up?
Old 11-20-14, 06:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Laser Movies
It has been over a week and I still have not received my order from FYE. I noticed they now have the Bilko set marked up to $110 on the web site. I assume if my order ever shows up it will be Ardennes Fury, but wonder if they will send me the Bilko set if I complain about receiving the wrong item, or if the order somehow gets lost in the mail. Anyone contact FYE and get any answers from them on the web site screw up?
Yep. Their info. for returns says that one has to contact them to get a return authorization, so I emailed them expressing my disappointment & saying that I wished them to send the correct item (Phil Silvers). I also asked if they would be sending a postpaid return as Amazon does.

After a couple of days, I got a response saying that the Silvers set was a pricing error & generally saying that they reserved the right to cancel such items & were exercising that right. They did send a link to a form to print out a return label which worked just fine (although I have to waste a bubble mailer since their flimsy mailer was destroyed when opening it.

Sorry, Laser. Maybe you'll get the charmed reaction & get the set (you deserve it for all of the BN help you've given to so many DVDTalkers!).
Old 11-20-14, 06:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

Originally Posted by creekdipper
...although I have to waste a bubble mailer since their flimsy mailer was destroyed when opening it...
Why? Use a old Amazon box. I always keep a couple of their "smaller" ones (that hold a half dozen DVDs or so) around for just such occurrences.
Old 11-20-14, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yep. Their info. for returns says that one has to contact them to get a return authorization, so I emailed them expressing my disappointment & saying that I wished them to send the correct item (Phil Silvers). I also asked if they would be sending a postpaid return as Amazon does.

After a couple of days, I got a response saying that the Silvers set was a pricing error & generally saying that they reserved the right to cancel such items & were exercising that right. They did send a link to a form to print out a return label which worked just fine (although I have to waste a bubble mailer since their flimsy mailer was destroyed when opening it.

Sorry, Laser. Maybe you'll get the charmed reaction & get the set (you deserve it for all of the BN help you've given to so many DVDTalkers!).
Okay, it doesn't sound promising they will honor it regardless of what happens. I'm hoping whatever they shipped never shows up to save me the trouble of having to return it. Eventually I will probably need to contact customer service to sort it out. I figure the worst thing they can say is no for the Bilko set for the $20 I paid for it. Thanks!
Old 11-20-14, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Okay, it doesn't sound promising they will honor it regardless of what happens. I'm hoping whatever they shipped never shows up to save me the trouble of having to return it. Eventually I will probably need to contact customer service to sort it out. I figure the worst thing they can say is no for the Bilko set for the $20 I paid for it. Thanks!
LASER, unless you like that movie, which by the way everyone is going to end up receiving when they placed the order for the Bilko set, it's going to involve getting a hold of their CS or corporate to straighten this all out. It took my three days just to get it all attended to. They'll send you info on getting an RMA# and a link through the USPS to print up a prepaid shipping label to send it back to them. Why they're using the USPS instead of UPS or FedEx is amazing.
Old 11-20-14, 11:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by rmw650
LASER, unless you like that movie, which by the way everyone is going to end up receiving when they placed the order for the Bilko set, it's going to involve getting a hold of their CS or corporate to straighten this all out. It took my three days just to get it all attended to. They'll send you info on getting an RMA# and a link through the USPS to print up a prepaid shipping label to send it back to them. Why they're using the USPS instead of UPS or FedEx is amazing.
I'm not going to pay $20 for a movie you could eventually purchase for a fraction of the price. If FYE makes the return process too difficult I may look into disputing the charge since they sent the incorrect item. Also maybe it would be easier to refuse delivery instead of trying to get a return label from FYE. Hopefully USPS delivers it soon so I can start to get this resolved.
Old 11-21-14, 12:36 AM

Received 75 Likes on 39 Posts

After a couple of days, I got a response saying that the Silvers set was a pricing error & generally saying that they reserved the right to cancel such items & were exercising that right...
Here's what I got:

We apologize for sending you a ARDENNES FURY BLU-RAY / (WS) with your order #63***2 in place of SGT BILKO: THE PHIL SILVERS SHOW THE COMPLETE SERI
At the time of purchase this item was incorrectly priced. Unfortunately, we cannot reship the correct item at the purchased price. As per our Terms of Service, under Section 8, fye.com shall have the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed for products and/or services listed at an incorrect price, rebate or refund, or containing any other incorrect information or typographical errors.
Old 11-21-14, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm not going to pay $20 for a movie you could eventually purchase for a fraction of the price. If FYE makes the return process too difficult I may look into disputing the charge since they sent the incorrect item. Also maybe it would be easier to refuse delivery instead of trying to get a return label from FYE. Hopefully USPS delivers it soon so I can start to get this resolved.
LASER, I don't blame you one bit as that movie isn't even worth ten dollars, but it is a grueling process to contact them, wait for their response, issue said response and then send you a prepaid USPS shipping label for them to cover the costs of sending the wrong item out. You could also refuse the item if you wish too, but let your carrier know that and mark the parcel in black Sharpie refused...return to sender, so they can fully credit you for the thing. I finally got rid of my copy of that movie today, thank goodness!
Old 11-22-14, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

LASER, I don't blame you one bit as that movie isn't even worth ten dollars, but it is a grueling process to contact them, wait for their response, issue said response and then send you a prepaid USPS shipping label for them to cover the costs of sending the wrong item out. You could also refuse the item if you wish too, but let your carrier know that and mark the parcel in black Sharpie refused...return to sender, so they can fully credit you for the thing. I finally got rid of my copy of that movie today, thank goodness!
Thanks for the advice. Looks like I will have to waste some time to return it. I sort of hope it never arrives and can ask for a refund.
Old 11-22-14, 02:27 PM
Cool New Member

As a testament to how bad Sears online ordering is for DVDs (the prices are often great but their online ordering is terrible), they say that they can't take a return of my Ardennes Fury Blu-ray because, as it turns out, they never charged me for it. And looking at my credit card statement (I typically use my Sears card on the website), I don't see anywhere where I was ever charged.

Well that's interesting.
Old 11-23-14, 03:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 75 Likes on 56 Posts

Had planned to keep my order open with Amazon.ca, but once people started to receive Ardennes Fury from other e-tailers, I figured the suspense and possible frustration wouldn't be worth it and cancelled.

Since I was actually looking forward to the rest of the seasons of this, beyond hoping to take advantage of a seeming great deal, I ended up ordering it from DD for about $72. Selling off my copy of the first season brought my actual cost down to just under $20 per each of the other three seasons.
While not as amazing as $25 for the whole shebang, that's still a great price to me for 5 disc season sets for a CBS/Paramount show. PQ doesn't seem to be as high as the first season and the select eps from the 50th Ann set, but I'm satisfied.

Still a great show and really enjoying the set.
Old 11-24-14, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Paul_SD
Had planned to keep my order open with Amazon.ca, but once people started to receive Ardennes Fury from other e-tailers, I figured the suspense and possible frustration wouldn't be worth it and cancelled.

Since I was actually looking forward to the rest of the seasons of this, beyond hoping to take advantage of a seeming great deal, I ended up ordering it from DD for about $72. Selling off my copy of the first season brought my actual cost down to just under $20 per each of the other three seasons.
While not as amazing as $25 for the whole shebang, that's still a great price to me for 5 disc season sets for a CBS/Paramount show. PQ doesn't seem to be as high as the first season and the select eps from the 50th Ann set, but I'm satisfied.

Still a great show and really enjoying the set.
I just checked mine and plan to still keep it the way it is as I'm hoping Amazon.CA will honor the pricetag for it and ship it out to me accordingly, but if not, no loss then since they won't ding my card due to not being able to deliver it but holding out hope it will show up here eventually.
Old 11-25-14, 01:57 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I just checked mine and plan to still keep it the way it is as I'm hoping Amazon.CA will honor the pricetag for it and ship it out to me accordingly, but if not, no loss then since they won't ding my card due to not being able to deliver it but holding out hope it will show up here eventually.
I think the worst that will happen is you will keep the wrong product and they weill refund you. Amazon is all about CS and if I had an order there, I wouldn't cancel it all.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.