DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   Deep Discount 25% off sale (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/614888-deep-discount-25%25-off-sale.html)

bboisvert 11-01-13 12:10 PM

Deep Discount 25% off sale

Well, this is a little surreal. Is it possible that DD has started their Nov. sale and there isn't even a thread here yet?

How the mighty have fallen. ;)

http://www.deepdiscount.com/THE-BIG-SALE-2013
Code is BIGSALE. Only good on marked items.

So far, I'm finding a few things that are a buck or two cheaper than Amazon, but nothing amazing...

PhantomStranger 11-01-13 12:19 PM

Re: Deep Discount 25% off sale

The only superdeals anymore at DD are when they are running a separate sale on some line or catalog, and happen to throw up a 15% off universal code at the same time.

hilts 11-01-13 01:01 PM

Another sale. Those bastards.

Alan Smithee 11-01-13 03:23 PM

How the mighty have fallen indeed- The Small Sale at Shallow Discount.

wm lopez 11-01-13 04:08 PM

I should start a political rant to close this thread down and get banned till next spring.

RonG617 11-01-13 06:17 PM

Found 4 DVDs I wanted and saved 7 bucks over Amazon. My first purchase in a while

lisadoris 11-01-13 07:26 PM

I see a few items that are less expensive than Amazon, I might grab a couple titles. Thanks for the heads up. I miss their old sales.

Josh-da-man 11-01-13 09:24 PM

All of the things I would have bought had their prices jacked up by about 30% so that I'd be paying the same amount I would have before the sale started. :(

(I know this because I made a list of the things I wanted and their prices in Excel about three weeks ago.)

Mickactual 11-01-13 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by bboisvert (Post 11892199)
"Only good on marked items."

...And there lies the main reason (for me anyway) this sale no longer interests. The things I want are never part of these sales. Gone are the glory days when their entire inventory would be 25% off during these sales.

MooMooMooMoo 11-01-13 10:07 PM

Guess they've already put a number of retailers out of business. Remember how BB raised prices when Circuit City went under?

Hazel Motes 11-01-13 11:28 PM

I had to place a single order 4 times last year before it finally shipped. I'll be passing this year.

Ropes Pierre 11-02-13 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Chadm (Post 11892999)
I had to place a single order 4 times last year before it finally shipped. I'll be passing this year.

by waiting for the order to finally arrive?

drmar35mm 11-03-13 01:17 PM

I just recently unsubscribed from DD, because hunting through their lists had become basically a waste of time (though I did order two items not too long ago, first things in well over a year). The great DD sales are gone now what? 3-4 years ago? If I read about anything good at DD here, I'll check it out. Otherwise, life goes on.

rmw650 11-03-13 08:11 PM

I'm just tired of receiving the DVDs in a vac-sealed package as that is very difficult to remove said sealant from the main packaging and I've asked their shipping department to stop doing this.

marty888 11-04-13 07:27 AM

22 items on my wish list, not a one on sale.

kenbenobi 11-04-13 07:52 AM

It's bad enough that their prices after 25% rarely yield a bargain anymore. But restricting the sale titles makes me not want to even bother combing their site. I rarely find anything to buy. And if I do, I struggle to reach the free shipping quota. So I'm not even going to look, unless someone posts a specific bargain they found in this thread. Otherwise, I'll wait for the holidays bargains at other stores.

albert_m 11-05-13 03:53 PM

Remember how BB raised prices when Circuit City went under?
I don't recall that, only more recently do there seem to be less deals and I assume that's for other reasons.

The things I want are never part of these sales. Gone are the glory days when their entire inventory would be 25% off during these sales.
Well that is a big difference, but the bigger difference is that the 25% off was off a lower price, now it's like 25% standard pricing which is what most sites are more or less normally, including them. I was on their site recently and saw something that was $18 or $19 and under the sale is $17ish. So yeah, it's a savings, but nothing that is going to make me order.

smurr05 11-05-13 05:03 PM

Pre-ordered "Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman" CS as this was the cheapest pre-order price with the 25% off. Saved only $5.00 off importcds price but hey 5 bucks , is 5 bucks!!!:D

Bill Needle 11-05-13 08:07 PM

Holy cow, this has been going for nearly a week already? :lol:

Lang Thompson 11-05-13 09:45 PM

That Edie Adams TV set Here's Edie is available preorder for $28.42 which is a definite for me. Some of the Mario Bava and Jean Rollin Blurays are discounted but I haven't checked other prices yet.

g 11-05-13 10:27 PM

The prices on some of those and other things have tended to be better at dvdplanet.com which is their sister store.

MooMooMooMoo 11-05-13 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by g (Post 11897925)
The prices on some of those and other things have tended to be better at dvdplanet.com which is their sister store.

One of many. Super D owns around 10 large internet retailers.

walletboyniac 11-06-13 09:41 AM

I ordered a few things from them.

Karate-Robo Zaborgar (Blu-Ray) 11.59
Tokyo Gore Police 1.5 (2 DVD) 13.52
Riki-Oh: The Story of Ricky (Blu-Ray) 13.38

I normally get my stuff from Amazon. Karate-Robo Zaborgar is 16.32. Tokyo Gore Police 1.5 is only available through 3rd party sellers (who I don't trust anymore). They don't sell Riki-Oh on Blu-Ray at all. It goes for about $18 on eBay.

I ordered on Sunday and received a shipping notification late Monday for all 3.

Just checked dvdplanet, and their prices are even cheaper (although they didn't have Riki-Oh). Never tried them before. How reliable are they?