New Three Stooges Complete Cartoon Collection 12.99 Familyvideo.com

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-13, 08:42 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts
New Three Stooges Complete Cartoon Collection 12.99 Familyvideo.com

http://www.familyvideo.com/catalog/p...ucts_id=422215

This set is 12.99 at familyvideo.com. This set is an October preorder. Most Everywhere else that I searched it's near double the price. Its from Madacy though. They do charge in advance for preorders.
Familyvideo.com has free shipping this weekend only.
Enter coupon code GIFTSETS at checkout. Coupon code expires Thursday, 10/03/13.
From earlier post, The ultimate Stooges collection is still 29.99 and now with free shipping.
http://www.familyvideo.com/catalog/p...ucts_id=396891
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargain...video-com.html

http://www.amazon.com/New-Three-Stoo.../dp/B00DRQETNI
Description available at amazon.
"THE NEW THREE STOOGES premiered in 1965 and featured animated cartoons with the voices of the Stooges – Larry, Moe and Curly Joe – as well as real footage 'wraparounds' of the three comedy greats performing short skits to accompany the cartoons. Now, for the first time ever and marking the 49th anniversary of the show, this collection features all 156 cartoons, plus all 40 live action sequences exactly as they originally aired. Perfect for collectors as well as the entire family, this special embossed package also includes a BONUS CD featuring 12 kids sing-along songs and 11 Christmas songs performed by the Stooges. "

Last edited by g; 09-27-13 at 08:57 PM.
Old 09-29-13, 03:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: New Three Stooges Complete Cartoon Collection 12.99 Familyvideo.com

How was this series? I ordered The Three Stooges Ultimate Collection and bought one of their movies today. Is the cartoon any good?
Old 09-29-13, 01:06 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

Most fans especially like the live action wraparound scenes with the stooges. The cartoons are decent. Some episodes are better than others. This probably has better prints than the public domain versions. This version needed to license the material as some of the episodes are still under copyright. When Rhino put out a few licensed incomplete volumes it had better prints and those are out of print. But then this is Madacy so we won't know until its released.

Last edited by g; 09-29-13 at 01:34 PM.
Old 09-29-13, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DoctorWhosScarf
How was this series? I ordered The Three Stooges Ultimate Collection and bought one of their movies today. Is the cartoon any good?
The live action sequences in between the cartoons are very good as there were 40 in total, but the cartoons were just downright awful, but if you're planning to get the set, get it for the live action sequences as at that price, it's worth it.
Old 09-29-13, 06:35 PM

Dang, $27 on Amazon!
Old 09-29-13, 09:58 PM
Suspended

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So..when will Bionic Stooges be released on DVD?
Old 09-30-13, 06:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by rmw650
The live action sequences in between the cartoons are very good as there were 40 in total, but the cartoons were just downright awful, but if you're planning to get the set, get it for the live action sequences as at that price, it's worth it.
They were o.k. not awful.
The best way to enjoy them is to have your own Saturday morning line up and include other 60s' cartoons. If you try and watch 2 hours straight of the Stooges cartoons you will be bored but if you just watch one a day you'll enjoy it more.
Old 09-30-13, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wm lopez
They were o.k. not awful.
The best way to enjoy them is to have your own Saturday morning line up and include other 60s' cartoons. If you try and watch 2 hours straight of the Stooges cartoons you will be bored but if you just watch one a day you'll enjoy it more.
Maybe that was the mistake I made in watching those toons nonstop and they were just brutal on all fronts. They're not very good at all overall, but the live action sequences make them tolerable as those were funny to see.
Old 10-01-13, 04:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by rmw650
Maybe that was the mistake I made in watching those toons nonstop and they were just brutal on all fronts. They're not very good at all overall, but the live action sequences make them tolerable as those were funny to see.
I have SPEED RACER, 60'S POPEYE, GROOVIE GHOULIES, UNDERDOG, SPIDERMAN. I watch one hour of each and I have a good time. I would put STOOGES cartoons somewhere in the middle.
Now really bad, garbage cartoons is something like THE ARCHIES.
You could sandwich Disney cartoons around it and you will still feel like crap watching it.