DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   The Brady Bunch - The Complete Series -- $44.99 at Best Buy and Amazon (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/612301-brady-bunch-complete-series-%2444-99-best-buy-amazon.html)

flixtime 07-25-13 12:41 PM

The Brady Bunch - The Complete Series -- $44.99 at Best Buy and Amazon

Thanks to dvdpricesearch.com for calling this to my attention.

Best Buy has THE BRADY BUNCH - The Complete Series (DVD) for $44.99. Amazon has now pricematched.

According to camelcamelcamel, the best previous price at Amazon was $49.99.

LJG765 07-25-13 06:16 PM

Re: The Brady Bunch - The Complete Series -- $44.99 at Best Buy and Amazon

*grumble, grumble grr...* Of COURSE this goes this low 3 months after buying it. :(

smurr05 07-25-13 07:34 PM

Had this once and 70% of the discs had sticky glue on the edges that was not removable in my case. Absolutely horrible packing!!! Buyer beware!!!

Alan Smithee 07-25-13 11:59 PM

I bought each season already as they came out, and was royally pissed when they put this out with 2 bonus discs that weren't available separately!

flixtime 07-27-13 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by smurr05 (Post 11777737)
Had this once and 70% of the discs had sticky glue on the edges that was not removable in my case. Absolutely horrible packing!!! Buyer beware!!!

Appreciate the note of caution smurr05...I did a quick check through more than half but not all the discs, and didn't notice any issues with glue on the set I picked up. There is some scuffing to a fair number of the discs...the scuffing is not horrible or anything but it's there...I do not anticipate it resulting in any playability issues. Yeah, the cardboard flip/accordion method of holding the DVDs is less than ideal...heck, actually it does sort of suck. Still, all things considered, I'm glad with the purchase.

The deal is still going on at both Best Buy and Amazon if anyone wants to try their luck with a purchase.

LJG765 07-27-13 04:53 PM

I knew there were problems before I bought my set and they did come marked up and sticky. I had two that skipped and was able to fix both of them by soaking them in goo gone. It took a bit of work, but eventually the glue did come off. I then transferred the discs to different cases. Love the look of the packaging, but whoever designed the insides should be fired. I wanted the bonus disc so I took the risk on the others and it worked out ok for me. Hopefully if anyone else takes the risk, they can clean them up as well.