DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   Frys - Three Stooges Ultimate Collection $34.99 w/free shipping (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/610071-frys-three-stooges-ultimate-collection-%2434-99-w-free-shipping.html)

bacigalup 04-15-13 04:42 PM

Frys - Three Stooges Ultimate Collection $34.99 w/free shipping

Saw this posted on Slickdeals. Deal is good thru 4/18:

http://www.frys.com/product/7051251

rmw650 04-15-13 07:16 PM

Re: Frys - Three Stooges Ultimate Collection $34.99 w/free shipping

And you can price-match it with Best Buy as that's one of the 14 online stores they would do a price match for this set...not a bad deal but it has been down to as low as 29.99 a few month ago but for this set, a good deal at the price listed above.

animatedude 04-16-13 01:53 PM

anyone have this set can share pix of it,please?

rdf8585 04-16-13 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by animatedude (Post 11654864)

Here's someone's unboxing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAHi7uV8Eb4

BobO'Link 04-16-13 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by animatedude (Post 11654864)

There are lots of pictures on Amazon. It's all the individual releases/sets bundled into a large box. It's quite nice and has *pressed* copies of the "Rare Treasures" set which sells for ~$30-$35 from the Warner Archive as MOD. This is a great set.

hasslein 04-16-13 05:29 PM

Sorry, not trying to hijack thread, but since we're talking about the stooges-

I've seen this listed on Best Buy's site, but no real information about this upcoming stooge May release... One listing says released by First Look another listing says Millennium. Amazon CA is the only site with picture

I'm guessing its more public domain footage compiled many times before? Its a high price for pd.

http://www.amazon.ca/Three-Stooges-P.../dp/B00BB8LR1G

rmw650 04-16-13 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by hasslein (Post 11655306)

I've seen this listed on Best Buy's site, but no real information about this upcoming stooge May release... One listing says released by First Look another listing says Millennium. Amazon CA is the only site with picture

I'm guessing its more public domain footage compiled many times before? Its a high price for pd.

Just by the looks and description listed on the box that is a PD title. Best set to get would be the Ultimate Collection and for that price, you can't beat it.

drmoze 04-23-13 11:40 PM

Don't bother ith that, and go with the Ultimate Collection. It has every stooges episode in chronological order, plus some nice extras, all in probably the best quality you will find. Most of the PD stuff is crap, or marginal at best.

bigjim25 05-17-13 06:08 PM

Re: Frys - Three Stooges Ultimate Collection $29.99 w/free shipping 05/17 - 05/23/13

Down to $29.99 at Frys.com 05/17 - 05/23/13, If you haven't got it yet, you are missing out. Hell for $3.33 a set (since it's 8 volumes and bonus set), if you have any of the volumes just trade them in at BB during the next upgrade and save deal they do or pass them on to a friend or your Dad. ;)

rmw650 05-17-13 06:15 PM

Re: Frys - Three Stooges Ultimate Collection $29.99 w/free shipping 05/17 - 05/23/13

Originally Posted by bigjim25 (Post 11696896)
Down to $29.99 at Frys.com 05/17 - 05/23/13, If you haven't got it yet, you are missing out. Hell for $3.33 a set (since it's 8 volumes and bonus set), if you have any of the volumes just trade them in at BB during the next upgrade and save deal they do or pass them on to a friend or your Dad. ;)

If you have a Fry's in your area, I highly recommend getting this set at that incredible price a it won't get any cheaper than what Jim listed on here. That's what i got it for and been happy with the results since. Again, if you can't find it there, print out the ad and take it to Best Buy for those that still might be carrying it and price match it with them. Stay away from the cheap PD titles.

smurr05 05-18-13 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by bigjim25 (Post 11696896)

Grabbed 2 sets that will definitely make some nice Christmas presents this year! $29.99 each w/ free shipping is a GREAT buy! Thanks for the info!:D

ProfessorEcho 05-18-13 02:31 PM

This is one of the best DVD sets ever produced. The care and attention to detail that Sony/Columbia devoted to these DVDs is exceptional. At $30 it's a steal.

Mosskeeto 05-19-13 01:25 AM

I'm not even a big fan of them...but I'm in for one set. Sure that it'll provide many a laugh. Great price at $1.50 a disc.

smurr05 05-19-13 08:53 AM

Just ordered another set BUT now listed as backordered. Anyone who has dealt with fry's know how good they are with backordered items???
thanks for any info-

BKenn01 05-19-13 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by smurr05 (Post 11698221)
Just ordered another set BUT now listed as backordered. Anyone who has dealt with fry's know how good they are with backordered items???
thanks for any info-

I had one back ordered during the $39.99 sale. Took about 3 weeks to get. No big deal to me.

smurr05 05-19-13 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by BKenn01 (Post 11698250)
I had one back ordered during the $39.99 sale. Took about 3 weeks to get. No big deal to me.

Thanks...I'm in no big rush myself and again thanks for the info-:thumbsup:

Larry50 05-19-13 07:14 PM

Thanks for posting this deal.I ordered it,on backorder.

hasslein 05-30-13 11:43 AM

Target has this set in store for $19.99. It is pd, but has a thick heavy book included. Seems pretty cool, but I didn't pick it up because sole copy was bashed. There was a Laurel & Hardy version too.

thetao 06-08-13 10:20 PM

My backordered set arrived yesterday. I'd never bought anything from Fry's and wasn't sure what to expect, but it was packaged just as well and their service just as good as Amazon, and with no sales tax.

The DVD packaging could have been a little better. The three rarities DVD's came in a stacker case, and the large box wasn't a slipcase but has a closing flap on the top, so continually closing and opening it deforms the cardboard pretty quickly. But $30 for the whole set...what a deal!

I'd never actually seen a Three Stooges short until a couple years ago when AntennaTV began running them, and am finally a fan. I've so far watched only small portions of the DVD material, and the quality of the rarities shorts seems all over the place. The Shemp material seems pretty good, while the Bessers seem notable more for how often they repeat the same plots. The three cartoons also aren't the greatest (and seem derivative of Fleisher and maybe Tex Avery material), but still feel like the rarest of the rare. I didn't know that Columbia even had a cartoon unit! Kudos for the tip on the Fry's sale. (The price is back up now, of course, but I am sure it will go on discount again.)

rmw650 06-09-13 05:09 PM

You got a deal on that set and it's on sale this week at Best Buy for 40 bucks, but well worth it, either price you pay for it...30 or 40.