Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Best Buy DVD prices (March 3rd - 9th, 2013)

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-13, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

...Free, exclusive plush chick from the movie "Hop" with the purchase of $7.99 or more on select titles
* Which titles? Good question.

- - -

Wreck-It Ralph $17.99

Red Dawn (2012 remake) $17.99

- - -

The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1 Extended Edition $14.99

The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2 $17.99

- - -

Duck Dynasty: Season 2 - Volume 1 $9.99
Duck Dynasty: Season 1 $9.99

Information from Annie Chu.

Checked their website; "The Bay" will sell for $24.99 - not much of a bargin. Oh yeah, this week's offering sucks.
Old 02-27-13, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Best Buy DVD prices (March 3rd - 9th, 2013)

Originally Posted by JohnIan
Checked their website; "The Bay" will sell for $24.99 - not much of a bargin. Oh yeah, this week's offering sucks.
$14.96 right now at Amazon. If it stays that price you can try to price match.
Old 02-28-13, 02:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm mildly interested in S2 of Duck Dynasty but I hate that they're starting with that volume nonsense. If S1 is 15 episodes long and being offered in one set, the 13 episode long S2 should also be in one set. Splitting it into volumes and charging the same for a volume as a full season is just an obvious way to milk fans out of more cash.
Old 02-28-13, 02:29 AM

$14.96 right now at Amazon. If it stays that price you can try to price match.
Thanks for the info.
Old 03-01-13, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by E_v_i_l
I'm mildly interested in S2 of Duck Dynasty but I hate that they're starting with that volume nonsense. If S1 is 15 episodes long and being offered in one set, the 13 episode long S2 should also be in one set. Splitting it into volumes and charging the same for a volume as a full season is just an obvious way to milk fans out of more cash.
Unless I'm missing something (quite possible), Season 2 V 1 is 13 episodes. For some reason, it's labeled Season 2 Volume 1 (the last episode is the season finale 'redneck Christmas') implying that the spring will be season 2 volume 2, but A&E has been promoting it as Season 3 (sort of a Survivor mindset where fall and spring are different seasons as opposed to your typical network show where fall and spring are still the same season).

If that's your concern, you're good to go.

Amazon has both these for $9.99 (free shipping with discover card this month).

A&E has the new app that has season 3 episodes (and season 2 if you have a provider that is supported....... Directv or a couple of cable companies, season 3 needs no provider). No season 1 episodes at all though, just clips.
Old 03-02-13, 02:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by LostFan
Unless I'm missing something (quite possible), Season 2 V 1 is 13 episodes. For some reason, it's labeled Season 2 Volume 1 (the last episode is the season finale 'redneck Christmas') implying that the spring will be season 2 volume 2, but A&E has been promoting it as Season 3 (sort of a Survivor mindset where fall and spring are different seasons as opposed to your typical network show where fall and spring are still the same season).

If that's your concern, you're good to go.

Amazon has both these for $9.99 (free shipping with discover card this month).

A&E has the new app that has season 3 episodes (and season 2 if you have a provider that is supported....... Directv or a couple of cable companies, season 3 needs no provider). No season 1 episodes at all though, just clips.
Thanks for shedding some more light on this. As soon as I saw volume on the cover, I figured that they had decided to split the season like History has done with the American Pickers and Pawn Stars volume sets. Glad that isn't the case.
Old 03-03-13, 04:58 AM

Update...

The Universe: Colonizing Space $7.99
The Universe: Space Threats $7.99
The Universe: Our Solar System $11.99
The Universe: Seasons 1 - 4 $24.99 (each)

4 Film Favorites - Urban Life: New Jack City/Menace II Society/Set It Off/ATL $9.99
4 Film Favorites - Friends Forever: Now And Then/Divine Secrets Of The Ya-Ya Sisterhood/The Women/Sex And The City $9.99
4 Film Favorites - Eddie Murphy: Coming To America/Harlem Nights/Boomerang/Norbit $9.99
4 Film Favorites - Ben Stiller: Zoolander/Envy/The Heartbreak Kid/Tropic Thunder $9.99
4 Film Favorites - John Travolta: Face/Off /The General's Daughter/Swordfish/Domestic Disturbance $9.99
4 Film Favorites - Robert Redford: Jeremiah Johnson/The Great Gatsby/All the President's Men/Indecent Proposal $9.99
4 Film Favorites - Richard Gere: American Gigolo/An Officer And A Gentleman/Sommersby/Nights in Rodanthe $9.99

- - -

"Jimi Hendrix - People, Hell And Angels" with exclusive t-shirt and guitar pick tin $19.99
Old 03-03-13, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

And starting tomorrow, they will price match with online stores and I believe there are 14 of them and here are those stores...The guarantee will apply to items found on Amazon.com, Apple.com, Bhphotovideo.com, Buy.com (under a new name of Rakuten.com I believe it is), Crutchfield.com, Dell.com, Frys.com, hhgregg.com, HP.com, HomeDepot.com, Lowes.com, Newegg.com, OfficeDepot.com, OfficeMax.com, Sears.com, Staples.com, Target.com, TigerDirect.com and Walmart.com.
Old 03-08-13, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw a special display with a bunch of $9.99 TV seasons, including Lie To Me, My Name Is Earl, Arrested Development, and The Killing. There were others, but I can't remember them. Lie To Me doesn't get that cheap very often. Arrested Development is always cheap. Not sure about the others...