Old 01-03-13, 01:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Films of Budd Boetticher $10.50 Amazon

Normally in the $25-50 range.
Old 01-03-13, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts
Re: Films of Budd Boetticher $10.50 Amazon

Shuman, please add this link to your original post as it extends the usability of the post...welcome to DVDTalk

http://www.amazon.com/Boetticher-Dec...dp/B001ER4CNO/

thanks, I got 1

Last edited by laidbacklarkin; 01-03-13 at 02:42 PM.
Old 01-03-13, 02:48 PM

I can't include links until I've made 30 posts, per system. Thanks for adding the link.

BTW, I read elsewhere that some of the titles in this set will be appearing through Sony MOD. Better to get the pressed discs while they are still readily available, I reckon.
Old 01-03-13, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by Shuman
I can't include links until I've made 30 posts, per system. Thanks for adding the link.

BTW, I read elsewhere that some of the titles in this set will be appearing through Sony MOD. Better to get the pressed discs while they are still readily available, I reckon.
Good reasoning and good to know. Never a fan of MOD's.
Old 01-03-13, 05:45 PM
Defunct Account

Great deal Shuman, thanks! I've been waiting for a good price on this set. In for 1.
Old 01-03-13, 05:49 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like a great blind buy for me after reading Savant's review! I'm in!
Old 01-03-13, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,014 Likes on 838 Posts

Great set for that price. I watched some of it for the historical challenge a while back.
Old 01-03-13, 10:41 PM

Good deal, ive been wanting this for awhile. Bought two !!
Old 01-03-13, 10:47 PM

Jeesus, that was fast...order already shipped
Old 01-04-13, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

This is worth it for The Tall T alone! I paid about $22 for the set and that was a great deal. Jump on this if you have any interest in westerns at all.
Old 01-04-13, 08:41 AM

I'm in. I don't know how long it will take me to watch any of these but with MOD rumors it seems like a good investment if nothing else!
Old 01-04-13, 09:15 AM

Price is 23.99 now.
Old 01-04-13, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Shuman, thank you so much for this alert! What a great price for a great set. I've been waiting on this one for quite awhile.
Old 01-04-13, 03:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ProfessorEcho
Shuman, thank you so much for this alert! What a great price for a great set. I've been waiting on this one for quite awhile.
Yes thanks definatetly to OP!!!
Old 01-04-13, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin
Jeesus, that was fast...order already shipped
and received it just now...that's less than 24 hrs...love Prime, just don't love Amazon tossing the package into a bubble wrap...set was pretty squished
Old 01-04-13, 05:10 PM

Please inspect your set if you received it. Mine came from Warehouse Deals that described condition as 'New' but the set was clearly a used one. The spine and packaging look very used under the shrink wrap and the 'Tall T' disc has scratches on them. am asking for an order reprocess.
Old 01-05-13, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I received my order on Sat. morning and after a cursory examination it looks as if my set is new but suffered some minor damage during shipment. There is a pressure bend on the spine that looks as if the shrink film may have been too tight and the other set sharing the tray just helped compress the FoBB during transit. Haven't opened the set yet but the slipcase looks new (except for the superficial problems). I'm willing to keep it as is.
Old 01-06-13, 12:13 AM

After Amazon's readiness to replace the set, I decided it wasn't worth giving them grief over it. I am pissed that one of the disc has scratches but I can put up with it as its not worth losing sleep over. For the price, this can't be beat
Old 01-06-13, 11:21 AM

My copy shipped in bubble wrap and has the common light compression damage on a corner or two. Discs are clean.

When I ordered, the two sellers at $10.50 were "Clyde Parks" and Warehouse Deals. I went with the former, with a 99% positive even though Amazon fulfilled. The latter has sent scratched discs and shopworn cases from time to time, but they've been happy to replace when I complain.

BTW, there doesn't seem to be a practical way to scour Amazon's Warehouse Deals site for good prices on good discs. Sorting their SD/BD list by "New and Popular" brings up overpriced items, "Price: Low to High" brings up a bunch of crap. I only notice them hitting a historically low price on something worth watching if it matches one of my camelcamelcamel price watches.

Any one have better luck / technique?
Old 01-06-13, 01:30 PM

Yes, I agree with your assessment of Warehouse deals. The James Cagney used set I ordered about a month ago had a missing disc. The used set of Robert Mitchum collection I ordered had a damaged box (maybe because of bad shipping technique) A 'new' set of John Wayne had two discs replete with scratches. Of course, the famed Amazon customer service always sets it right but if their scrutiny were applied beforehand, it would save both parties times and money.
Old 01-06-13, 06:56 PM
Banned

Placed my order of this with several other titles so I am hoping there is no problems. Luckily I have never had a problem with the few DVD's I have recieved from Warehouse Deals so I hope that trend continues. But, as mentioned previously, If there is a problem...in my experience Amazon has the best customer service on the net with these matters so really no worries!
Old 01-06-13, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

There is a problem with the logic that Amazon's great customer service can always make an issue disappear. That problem is that if you make too many calls seeking some sort of resolution, make too many calls about returning items, or just contact them too frequently.......you may find yourself on the BANNED list. No opportunity to appeal, no known parameters or established limits, just an email letting you know that you're done with Amazon and any money credit in your accounts is nonretrievable.
So balance your risk vs. your reward. Some problems just aren't worth the potential settlement benefit.
Old 01-07-13, 06:19 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mosskeeto
There is a problem with the logic that Amazon's great customer service can always make an issue disappear. That problem is that if you make too many calls seeking some sort of resolution, make too many calls about returning items, or just contact them too frequently.......you may find yourself on the BANNED list. No opportunity to appeal, no known parameters or established limits, just an email letting you know that you're done with Amazon and any money credit in your accounts is nonretrievable.
So balance your risk vs. your reward. Some problems just aren't worth the potential settlement benefit.
No offense BUT I've been dealing with Amazon for MANY MANY years and have never had that happen to me or heard of that happening to anyone else! If it did ,It must have took I really big asshole IMO to cause them to do that because no matter what problems I had with them, or how many times I contacted them , I have had nothing but superior customer service from them...ALWAYS!!!
Nuff Said!!!
Old 01-07-13, 11:11 AM
Defunct Account

I do remember reading first-hand accounts from a few people who were banned from Amazon about 4 or 5 years ago. It all happened about the same time and I haven't heard about it since. The one story that stuck in my mind was a guy who admitted to ordering and returning a different laptop every month or so. It seemed to me that they were just booting people who were obviously scamming them, and I can't fault them for that.

I've made a huge number of orders through Amazon and I've always received impeccable customer service. I would not hesitate to call them if I was having a problem.
Old 01-08-13, 03:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by smurr05
No offense BUT I've been dealing with Amazon for MANY MANY years and have never had that happen to me or heard of that happening to anyone else! If it did ,It must have took I really big asshole IMO to cause them to do that because no matter what problems I had with them, or how many times I contacted them , I have had nothing but superior customer service from them...ALWAYS!!!
Nuff Said!!!
Here's just one thread from SD.
Some of the reasons listed by people in that thread are:
Student accounts that were not opened by students
Too many returns (which can be a small amount in the eyes of the beholder)
Drop shipping
Asking for too many price adjustments (back when they allowed them)
Using coupons on too many purchases
Leaving bad reviews
Too many returns of defective merchandise
Using too many gift cards

The bitch is that you're denied access to the Kindle digital content you've purchased. There are many other stories I read, including one person who had substantial credit ($) in his account that he lost.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.